shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Diamondnut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondnut, I have some more insurance related questions to ask you. Let me know if you see this message!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
hi there,

sorry...just saw your message. ask away...i''ll make sure to check back regularly!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yay! glad you saw my thread! I called the Chubb office in Hong Kong as you had suggested. They told me that I had to go through an insurance broker in order to insure my rings. So I called the broker they recommended. I think they are called MI Insurance Brokers. The broker took down the information for my rings a couple days ago but hasn''t gotten back to me with a quote yet. They told me I don''t need to go into the office if I email them the documents for my rings. Back in the US, my state farm agent required that I bring in my rings to the state farm office. Is this the correct process to get jewelry insurance in HK? How long did it take to get a quote for your rings? Thanks for your help!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
hi there,

yes, that sounds right. i didn''t have to bring my ring in either. i only had to fax my insurance broker a copy of the sales receipt and they gave me a premium quote pretty much right away. it was a surprisingly simply process. hope this helps and ask away if you have any other questions!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondnut, may I ask the contact info for your insurance broker? The broker I am working with insists that I need to get a home insurance plan with it and is taking forever getting me a quote. very frustrating!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:25:45 PM
Author: CareBear
diamondnut, may I ask the contact info for your insurance broker? The broker I am working with insists that I need to get a home insurance plan with it and is taking forever getting me a quote. very frustrating!

Hi Carebear,

Actually I do have a home insurance plan so they just tacked on the jewelry portion to it. Not sure if you can get a stand-alone jewelry policy. Sorry this slipped my mind...just assumed certain things!

Here''s the contact info for my broker...she''s quite helpful...
Virginia Leung
EXPAT SERVICES LTD.
Insurance Brokers
2404 Universal Trade Centre
3-5A Arbuthnot Road
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: 2893 3344
Fax: 2838 0654

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results