shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Design Chica....hello...hellow....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hi! DC
35.gif
!!

Not sure if I missed a Welcome Party for you to PS. But would like to welcome you just the same. Better late than not at all, huh? Welcome!

Your avatar has me most intrigued. I was wondering if we could get an enlarged version and explanation of what the blue print is. I so love blueprints...plans of any sort...and I am squinting and way to close to the monitor...my eyes will probably get stuck crossed if you don''t oblige me.

So how bout it?
23.gif
Help me!! §

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m with dks - i''ve been wondering the same thing about your blueprint! please do tell - and show
9.gif

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, I just now saw this thread.

Here is the story behind my avatar. I am an interior designer & architect. The majority of what I do in my day to day workday involves drawing and designing homes on AutoCAD in the computer. So blueprints are a pretty big part of my life. As for this particular blueprint in my avatar, it is actually just some random blueprint I found online when I searched google images for blueprints because I wanted one in my avatar. So this is not actually one of the homes I''ve designed, but I''d be happy to share some pics of houses I''ve designed. The following pics are from a house that I designed that was in a traditional style.

The Hill Kitchen.jpg

designchica

Shiny_Rock
a bathroom from that house

The Hill Bathroom.jpg

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Great room

Hill great room.jpg

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I know this room is a little dark and over the top with the animal prints but the owner wanted this room where he drinks his Jack Daniels to remind him of his African safari while still being a rather formal room.

jack room.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh... come over to my place, Chica! I neeeed you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey DC, what state are you in?

Maybe it''s just me, but I can''t think of many other states having a lot of stacked flagstone walls...

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s GORGEOUS! I used to want to be an architect, and would still love to design my own home one day.

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 5:18:29 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hey DC, what state are you in?

Maybe it''s just me, but I can''t think of many other states having a lot of stacked flagstone walls...
Hey FC,

I''m in Colorado. The stone is actually sandstone. We don''t use it very often on walls...its so expensive and its a bitch to install but it sure turns out pretty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool! I''m in NM, I was guessing that you had to be in AZ, NM or CO. When I went back and looked at the pics again I decided it wasn''t flagstone, but didn''t go back to edit. Do you have any more pictures of your work? That house is gorgeous, and a lot of the elements in it remind me of my parent''s house.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love your work Designchica! I'm nearby in New Mexico too (Four Corners area) so I've seen sandstone used and I really like the look.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You are the master! That is stunningly spectacular! The fireplace is brilliant. I bet the space leaves one in awe. The wood columns must be feel very similar to an actual tree. Natural yet far more refined. Elegant refined with a touch of rustic...could never have done that one. Guess that is why they refer to you as the professional. Love all the colors. What wood was used in the columns? It looks like that pecky cypress or eeekkks I can''t think of the other one.

I noticed the two separate dining tables...is that actual or a refection from a mirror? I noticed the fireplace mantel has the exact decor on each, as with the tables. That makes you think reflection too, and yet the angle is different.

How long did you spend from creation to fruition on this one?

We are entertaining the use of stone veneers for our interior as the real stuff is unobtainable. Any opinions?

Thanks for the reply. You provided far more than I could have imagined.
35.gif
Welcome again!! §

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the board! Does AutoCAD not get tedious sometimes?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Umm, you want to come over to my house? I am a decorating disaster! Our home has the same color palate, sans animal print, I''m just trying to figure out where to go from here (on a monthly budget which makes this whole decorating thing painstakingly slow!).

Oh, wait, this was a thread about niceties: WELCOME!!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 10:17:57 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Umm, you want to come over to my house? I am a decorating disaster! Our home has the same color palate, sans animal print, I''m just trying to figure out where to go from here (on a monthly budget which makes this whole decorating thing painstakingly slow!).

Buy a copy of House Beautiful, Home, or Traditional Home. Those all have great ideas if your find it hard to come up with a vision of your own. I know what I like, I just like too much and it makes it hard for me to accomplish anything. It''s so much easier to do other people''s spaces.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Chica you can come to my house ANY time and re-design it really I won''t mind :)

LOVE those shots you posted they look fantastic

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Design Chica, welcome! I looooooove architects. Your projects turned out beautifully. I studied architecture as an undergrad, and then practiced for a bit as an intern architect. I was never very good at the interior design though, but your work is fantastic!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 1:14:19 AM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 1/14/2008 10:17:57 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Buy a copy of House Beautiful, Home, or Traditional Home. Those all have great ideas if your find it hard to come up with a vision of your own. I know what I like, I just like too much and it makes it hard for me to accomplish anything. It''s so much easier to do other people''s spaces.
Thanks for the tip, Pen! I get these visions in my head that never execute as well as I''d like.

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the kind compliments and warm welcomes, ladies!! You are so sweet!

Door Knob...yes, there are indeed two dining tables and it is not a reflection. They wanted two identical tables that can be pushed together to make a larger table because that is their main dining area and they want to eat their dinner there every night but didn''t want to eat a giant table. As for the two fireplaces, that is not a reflection either and is actually a four sided fireplace (one side is outside).

That project was one of our biggest projects and took 3 years to complete. I''m working on another one in the same price that is the same size but it is very contemporary and is more my style I think. I will post pics when it is complete. It will be interesting to see because it has the same stacked sandstone on the interior walls yet it has a completely different look and feel because of the other materials and colors used in the house. Same stone but WAY different which is pretty cool I think.

Most of our projects are much smaller and only take 18-24 months to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results