shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Beanie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Major hugs to you today. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and your doggie. I hope you''re getting through OK.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Beanie, we''re thinking of you and sending you strength and hugs during this very difficult time....

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that''s right . . . today''s the day!
8.gif

Big (((hugs))) to you, Beanie, and please check in to let us know how you''re doing.
8.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Elledizzy, Dani & Irishgrrl

Thank you so much for thinking of us yesterday. It was so hard but it was the best for her. We actually had the Vet come to the house and do it so it was very calming for her. We all were there with her and we were laying outside underneath a shade tree and the birds were singing. She was so at peace and while it was hard being with her, i know she appreciated it and felt the love around her.

It is really hard and it will be for a while, waking up today and not seeing her big brown eyes is very sad. We are trying to really stay strong for our other 2 dogs and our cat.

So you know when dogs dream they sound like they are chasing something.. and they kind of “bark” and growl a bit??? Well yesterday afternoon Jesse and I were just zoning out on the couch and Halo was in the kitchen and bear was in the living room with us. All of a sudden we hear halo having a dream, but it wasn’t a growling sound or anything like that she was almost cooing like a baby and just really soft cute barks and her tail was just a wagging and she was moving her paws around like she was just walking along… that lasted for about 2 mins and then it stopped. About 20 mins later bear started doing the same thing, just wagging her tail like crazy and doing the same type of puppy talk. Jesse and I think it was Lexie coming to tell them that she was ok and to say good bye in her own little way.
I know that might sound strange, but it was sooo reassuring and comforting.

Thanks again to all the ladies who responded with thoughts and prayers. I know it helped me and i know Lexie felt it too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2008 2:27:22 PM
Author: beanie

Elledizzy, Dani & Irishgrrl

Thank you so much for thinking of us yesterday. It was so hard but it was the best for her. We actually had the Vet come to the house and do it so it was very calming for her. We all were there with her and we were laying outside underneath a shade tree and the birds were singing. She was so at peace and while it was hard being with her, i know she appreciated it and felt the love around her.

It is really hard and it will be for a while, waking up today and not seeing her big brown eyes is very sad. We are trying to really stay strong for our other 2 dogs and our cat.

So you know when dogs dream they sound like they are chasing something.. and they kind of “bark” and growl a bit??? Well yesterday afternoon Jesse and I were just zoning out on the couch and Halo was in the kitchen and bear was in the living room with us. All of a sudden we hear halo having a dream, but it wasn’t a growling sound or anything like that she was almost cooing like a baby and just really soft cute barks and her tail was just a wagging and she was moving her paws around like she was just walking along… that lasted for about 2 mins and then it stopped. About 20 mins later bear started doing the same thing, just wagging her tail like crazy and doing the same type of puppy talk. Jesse and I think it was Lexie coming to tell them that she was ok and to say good bye in her own little way.

I know that might sound strange, but it was sooo reassuring and comforting.

Thanks again to all the ladies who responded with thoughts and prayers. I know it helped me and i know Lexie felt it too.

I am so sorry for your loss Beanie
emrose.gif
I can well imagine that was your sweet Lexie letting you know she was ok.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your story about the other doggies hearing from Lexie actually made me tear up a bit at work, I''m almost crying as I write this. (I''m a weirdo about animals)

I''m so glad that you got some sort of reassuring sign that you did the right thing. All we can do for our animals is love them and care for them as best we can until they''re ready to go. That''s exactly what you did, and I''m sure Lexie thanks you!

You''re a great furbaby mommy!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Elle, you dont have to appologize to me about being a nut about animals, i adore and love them too. Thats why i was really struggling with the decision and i am still crying for no reason.. ok not really no reason but just the slightest thought of her i just start to sob. Luckly the ladies that i work with totally understand too. They have armed me with a full box of Kleenex.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
((( Beanie ))) ((( Lexie))

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dogmom!

I actually read that poem to Lexie and the rest of my family so she knew and we knew what to expect when it is our time to go meet her.
I tear up every time i read it because it is so beautiful and hopefully true! She needs all the food and water because i think she was a water buffalo in her last life!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results