shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Beacon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Beacon,

I was wondering, how is your new baby Ringneck?? What did you name he/she, or do you know the sex yet?

Can you tell me a little about him/her. I just love when they are babies.

30.gif

Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Hi Linda! My new little ringneck is doing so well. I have not had a DNA test, but I am so sure it is a female that I am putting off the test as a waste of money. She has a funny name: Peguine, "piggy" is what my husband calls her. That is because she eats all the time. She is the sweetest thing. Loves to stay on my shoulder and is very comfortable there.

Her eyes are still mostly black most of the time, but showing some grey/blue/white around the edges. She is very hand tame, steps up and easily petted. I don''t know if she is going to be a talker yet - too young for that right now. She does love her toys. I got a cute toy for the birds this weekend: It is a bunch of small cardboard boxes with crinkly shredded strips of paper inside. The boxes have some premade holes in them. The idea is that you take a treat, like a peanut, and conceal it in the boxes and give this to the bird. All the paper is very clean and non toxic and the toy encourages foraging. All my birds love this simple toy! They rip those boxes up and pull out that shredded paper and then they are happy with the treat. It is fun and Peguine is very aggressive in tearing it up!

I''ll take some pics and post them. Thanks for asking about her. Hope Taco is doing well.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, I would love to see some pictures of her. She sounds so sweet. I love how they cuddle. Taco is the same way with me. He would spend all day on my shoulder if I would let him.

He cracks me up. He pushes one of his toys in his cage. When it swings back it gently hits him. He gets so mad and yells at it, then pushes it again. Same thing happens again. This goes on and on for a couple of minutes, until he climbs out of his cage. He is so funny. Every morning when I uncover him, he yells at me "I wanna take a bath". So I give him a little shower under the kitchen faucet. We have the spray attachment. He proceeds to fall asleep.

I love him so much, he is such a great friend. He turned 15 in March.

I will look forward to your pictures.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results