shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara, haha you outed me! i admit i''m a little shy and not sure about posting a pic just yet
5.gif

and i feel ya on the bloat. i''m pretty sure that''s what i''m going through too. a night i''m like gosh, what am i? 5 months? haha!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mara- Everyone around wants my stomach to get bigger, an dI jsut keep hoping that it will hold off a bit longer. I don't think any of them realize that there will be plenty of time for me to look pregnant! lol.

Re: nose bleeding. I am experiencing the same thing. I notice when I blow my nose in the morning, there is blood. Much more than the usual "weather change" stuff.

Amber- Lookin good! Have you dropped a little bit??

MP- The night bloat is ridiculous! I always laugh about how I look twice as big at night. I think it's from food, water, and by the end of the day I've pretty much all but given up on my posture.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! I was hoping I''d get to see a little Meresal belly in here this Friday!
11.gif

Super cute belly, Mere! I see it stickin out just a tiny bit!
36.gif
You look great!

SO happy for you!

All of the pregger PS''ers look fantastic! I stalk your BPF every week - love seeing your adorable baby bumps!!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 11:46:55 AM
Author: meresal
Re: nose bleeding. I am experiencing the same thing. I notice when I blow my nose in the morning, there is blood. Much more than the usual ''weather change'' stuff.

Amber- Lookin good! Have you dropped a little bit??

MP- The night bloat is ridiculous! I always laugh about how I look twice as big at night. I think it''s from food, water, and by the end of the day I''ve pretty much all but given up on my posture.
3.gif

I was noticing I have had a bit more sensitivity in my nose, too! In the morning I am always congested now (I read somewhere that pregnant women can have allergy-like symptoms from conception on, lucky us!), so when I blow I get some bleeding too. It seems to be mostly on my left side, and I wonder if it''s because I sleep more on that side...hmm.

Amber, I was thinking you dropped a bit, too. You''re soooo close, yay!

Mere, my husband thinks it is seriously hilarious that after I eat I puff up, and it''s worse after dinner at night. I''m like a little Ethopian baby - every time I eat my belly pooches out. It''s seriously hilarious.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my BPF contribution - I am 37 weeks 1 day. I really don''t think I can get any bigger! Our 2nd anniversary was Tuesday and as I got ready for dinner DH told me that my belly is enormous so she must be coming soon. He really knows how to romance a girl! I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, DH is going to a bachelor party Sat and Sun night he''s going to the world series (Go Phillies!). I am going to grab a few chick flicks and some yummy food and settle in for a relaxing night with the pooch. I figure it''ll be one of my last few quiet nights and my last chance to use my pregnancy as an excuse to eat junk food.

Mara, I have also had a lot of bloody noses during this pregnancy, and I can''t remember having even one before I got pregnant.

I love everyone''s belly pics!

novbride37weeks.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
November, aw @ your belly! You''re still so high - have you started dropping yet at all?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 11:59:37 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Ha! I was hoping I'd get to see a little Meresal belly in here this Friday!
11.gif

Super cute belly, Mere! I see it stickin out just a tiny bit!
36.gif
You look great!

SO happy for you!

All of the pregger PS'ers look fantastic! I stalk your BPF every week - love seeing your adorable baby bumps!!
30.gif
ill...copycat!
11.gif
you beat me to it!

Yay Mer!!!! I see a lil somethin there
9.gif

You all look beautiful!
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
great bellies ladies!!!

here's mine at 31w4d...

ETA: i have got to stop wearing these black tank tops...so not flattering!!

puffy31w4d.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay for BPF! Everyone is showing so beautifully!

Amber I'm going to wish you an early Happy Birthday in case I miss it next week! :D So you had an internal already? My doc hasn't even mentioned it yet. Wonder when I"ll get one.

I'm 37 weeks tommorrow
36.gif
So technically full term, but at my appt on Wednesday the doc said my fundus was measuring a little small. I've been measuring fine the whole pregnancy though, this is the only time he's said I was a little small. Has anyone else had the doctor tell them this?? My next appt is on Monday so he can check again.

Anyways, here's my pic. I'm feeling VERY pregnant these days
3.gif

sunkist36w6d.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
sunkist - My doc has measured my fundus at every appointment and she said I''m right on average every time. I hope everything is okay for you and your bebe! You look great, btw!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
sunkist, unless your Dr is worried, I wouldn''t be too concerned - my best girlfriend measured small all through her pregnancy because her belly was just little, and she was very petite, and she had a perfectly healthy 6 pound baby. You''re so close to the end I doubt one small measurement would hurt.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist, you are so small in general i don''t think i''d worry. you are all belly, girl!

puffy, i have to tell you that your name cracks me up every time you post a belly pic because the first thing that pops into my head is ''that girl is so not puffy'' HAHAA. it happens every week...so funny. fab belly.

nov...you look wonderful too. and the belly surprises you at how big it can get i imagine...!!

love all the photos. jcrow...lol re outing you... i only post every few weeks or so out of sheer laziness but you need to get a photo on here at some point... you''re like 5+ months right?!?! you don''t have to do exposed belly skin photos and you can always cut off your head!
31.gif
my first one i did this for and when i sent it to greg''s parents his mom was like ''why dont you have a head'' lol. how to explain i posted it online?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the niceties everyone!

Do I look like I dropped? I don''t feel any different! I DO think she has changed her position slightly, I really can''t tell where she is now, I feel hiccups down low so at least I know she''s pointed down. Then again, I feel what I assume are feet sticking out my right side. On my left side I have a round bulge sticking out a little bit to the right and above my belly button. How the heck is she laying??

Sunkist, you''re looking great! I wish I could help regarding the fundus measurement, but mine has been measuring larger for awhile now (surprise surprise), so I am useless. Have you had your GBS test done yet?

Cute cute bellies added, ladies! I love how different everyone grows.

So on the heels of my super crappy OB appointment (and the previous ones I had with her), I had a minor panic attack. She''s so hands off and brisk that I worry about laboring with her as my doctor. I don''t feel comfortable with her, there is no ease. I truly don''t think I could have the labor *I* planned knowing she''ll be the one to deliver me. My old OB promised she''d deliver me unless I went way early (another reason to be late), even if she''s still at home, so I hope that happens. So that''s a crappy place to be- not knowing who will deliver me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara - haha, nope i''m closer to 3 months. i''ve been chronicling my pregnancy with weekly pics [taken on saturday morning usually] and i have yet to have one with my head in the shot! one of these not feeling so bloated weeks i''ll post a pic
5.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 4:11:50 PM
Author: Mara
puffy, i have to tell you that your name cracks me up every time you post a belly pic because the first thing that pops into my head is ''that girl is so not puffy'' HAHAA. it happens every week...so funny. fab belly.

LOL I also think this, too. Your belly is so cute, puffy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh jcrow then you have plenty of time. i didn't post til like 16 weeks when i felt the bloating had gone down and i had a little belly. the bloating just makes you feel UGH!

amber... i don't know who will deliver me because my dr is only on delivery like 1 or 2 days a week, the rest she is on appts...so chances are it won't be her. i would love for her to deliver me but i think it'll only happen if i am induced. it is what it is though, i am not going to worry...it'll be fine!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 5:05:02 PM
Author: Mara
oh jcrow then you have plenty of time. i didn''t post til like 16 weeks when i felt the bloating had gone down and i had a little belly. the bloating just makes you feel UGH!

amber... i don''t know who will deliver me because my dr is only on delivery like 1 or 2 days a week, the rest she is on appts...so chances are it won''t be her. i would love for her to deliver me but i think it''ll only happen if i am induced. it is what it is though, i am not going to worry...it''ll be fine!

yep, i''m definitely in the feeling ugh stage towards my belly. it grows as the day goes on. it''s gotta be bloat
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MonkeyPie, Mara, and Amber on the fundus/size. The doc wasn''t concerned yet, it didn''t seem like, he just wanted to check me again in 5-6 days.

Amber, ya I had my GBS. I''m positive. So antibiotics for me during labor! What about you? I thought of a great idea that I think I should suggest to the hospital - labor rooms should have treadmills in them so even if we have IVs and stuff we can still walk to progress labor! I think it sounds like a good idea
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist: I haven't heard my results yet, so I guess we'll see! I agree with the treadmills, hey, in CA anything can happen, right? Is your little boy head down? Did you get/were you offered the H1N1, or is your doc not worried? Have you heard about all the stories of people lining up for the shot clinics around here? It's crazy!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber, Ya I''ve been hearing about the craziness of H1N1 waiting lines! People are going crazy. But don''t they remember when the regular flu shot just came out there were shortages then too? I think the government/media is just causing people to panic. My doc has said he''ll give me the regular flu shot and the H1N1 when they get it in the office. But he never got the regular flu shot, so I just got that on my own and he still hasn''t received the H1N1 vaccine. Of course now that Obama declared it a "national emergency" I doubt my doc will ever get the H1N1 vaccine in his office since it''s being rerouted to those long lines now.
20.gif
But, this was the first year I''ve ever gotten a flu shot and I did it to protect my baby from sickness after he''s born.

And Ya, baby is head down, phew! I was so releived when doc confirmed that he was cause I totally thought he was still transverse. But now I can tell he is head down with his butt on one side and feet on the other. Last night I felt his feet so far on my side! I didn''t know my uterus went back that far!
3.gif

Is your PJ head down and ready to go?? Isn''t it nuts to think this could happen at any time?? Oh guess what, my baby''s room is finally starting to take shape! We''re still moving into the house so there are things all around that need to be put away, but I bought the crib mattress yesterday and put on the mattress pad and sheet. It looks so cute!
9.gif
Can''t wait to be fully moved in. My goal is the end of this weekend!!

Are you hoping for before or after Thanksgiving for your delivery?? I''m hoping 1 week before or the day after. Don''t want baby to make me miss my Thanksgiving dinner
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I've been on fall break so Tayva and I have being staying busy. I had an appt today and had my glucose test (passed, yay). I am 24w4d and every thing looked good. I measured at just over 25 and after chasing after him for a good deal of time (he's crazy all. the. time), finally got his heartrate which was 150 so all is good. Oh, and I only gained 3lbs so I was happy about that!

Tao~Sorry for the false alarm!

Viz~Loads of labor dust!!!

Monkey~Yay for your first BPF! You look great!

swimmer~Great pic!

meresal~You look absolutely tiny and great!

QT~You look amazing!! Can you believe how close you are to the 3rd tri?!?!?!

Amber~Cute belly! So exciting how close you are to the end!!

November~You look great! We're going to have so many babies around here soon!!

puffy~Looking great as usual! Can't believe you're almost 32 weeks!!!

sunkist~You are tiny for 37 weeks! So cute! I really wouldn't worry about measuring small. Doesn't mean anything, really. I measured ahead my entire 1st pregnancy so they thought I was going to have this huge baby...she was 7 lb 11 oz. Don't worry unless your doctor does!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
does the word fundus make anyone else laugh?
3.gif

went to the halloween party last nite and let me just say that pregnant + sexy alice costume does not = one feeling hot. everyone said i looked so cute and i just felt like a blue and white blob. hahaa. but it was fun to go out one last nite pre-kid and have a little fun.

then this morning i made cupcakes for my friend''s father''s wake.. up a little too early but it''s a lazy day so we can rest up later. we''ll get our pumpkins, carve them, get some candy and hunker down for hopefully some kids in our new neighborhood!

happy halloween preggos!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween all! I hope everyone has a fun day.

My appointment yesterday was super quick and I got to hear the heartbeat so that was a relief. I also figured out that I CAN feel her moving, I just didn''t know what it was - when she rolls in there, I feel "sloshy", and when we listened to heartbeat she did it and the midwife told me what it was. Well, DUH, I should''ve known that lol.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Amber
I think you dropped too. The belly definitely looks lower than last week belly pic.
So sorry that the new/sub OB isn''t the greatest. I hope you get to be delivered by your original OB. My OB is very hand off at the birth. Basically the nurse does everything until the baby is crowning and ready to be pushed. But my SIL''s OB (who happens to be my OB''s wife, but they each have their own practice) is more hand on; she is the one who does the perineum massage on the moms, and is there the whole time the moms are laboring. Each OB just has their own style.
I am sure you looked cute as a preggo Alice. We are way too hard on ourselves.

Mara
Hehe... those are not ghosts on my thermal. They are swallows, but they do look like ghosts in the pic.
You know my nose used to bleed all the time, and I was expecting nose bleeds during the pregnancies. But it never did last time, and hasn''t this time. Sometimes I get a little bit of red when I blow my nose, but nothing more than before. Either way, it''s very normal to have bloody nose b/c of the extra blood flow.

meresal
You are adorable. You are teeny tiny. I see the little bump too.
It''s funny how everyone thinks our bellies are small in the beginning, and then at the end, they think we are huge.

MP
LOL on the little Ehiopian baby description. I was bathing Meena the other day, and DH said you and mommy have the same belly.
Yay for hearing the heartbeats and feeling movements.

November
You look fabulous. I don''t think you look huge for 37 weeks at all.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

puffy
You look great. Can''t believe you are 31 weeks already.

sunkist
You are all belly.
Like everyone said, I wouldn''t worry about your fundus measurement too much. I don''t think they are very accurate. BTW, my doc never did those measurements.
Sounds like you are making progress with your house and nursery.
Treadmill is a great idea. Once I was hooked up with IVs, I didn''t walk/move at all b/c it''s such a drag to push that thing around.

jcrow
Can''t wait for you to post your belly pics. Ugh is right for the bloating. But your belly will show in a few more weeks.

Burk
Yay for passing the glucose screening. I will have it next appt when I am 29w1d. Kind of late. My doc said that if I passed the 1 hr last time, then he wouldn''t have me take the test at all. But too bad, I didn''t pass it last time.
What? No belly pic from you this week? hehe.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween. We were planning to take Meena ToTing, but she came down with a fever this morning. So we probably won''t go, and I am kind of bummed since I''ve been looking forward to it. We''ll wait to see how she feels little later on.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Where I did my OB training in internship and med school, docs were only ever in there for the occasional cervical check (which was also often just done by the nurse). Nurses did all the coaching for the pushing, and the doc would show up when the baby was crowning. If we showed up too early and then it took more than 10-15min for the Mom to push the baby around the corner and out, we''d usually take off until delivery was more imminent. So usually, as long as you have a great L&D nurse, it won''t matter if the doctor''s a bit of a jerk - they''re not around unless there''s a problem, other than to catch the baby or stitch things up afterwards.

The kid was quiet for a good part of the day yesterday. Perked up towards evening, after I''d intermittently poked my belly all afternoon trying to get some activity out of her. Not sure why I got anxious all of a sudden. Today it''s the polar opposite. Kicks in the guts, sloshy rolling feeling, kicks in the belly, and kicks in the cervix. She must be having a serious party in there. Hope she keeps up the activity, cause I find it very reassuring (could do without the cervix punches though). And I hope I have a good reassuring appointment on Wed with the high risk folks.

Swimmer - nice picture! A little blurry, but I sure as heck see a fine little baby! So happy for you for getting this far in the pregnancy. It''s always so nice when another IF-treatment buddy has success.

Here''s my pic from Thurs of the kiddie all curled up in a tight little ball. I thought she looked pretty hilarious. I''m not that flexible, and I like to spread out.

Baby 21w6d with knee and foot beside head.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Great ultrasound pic, drk!
30.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, yes, "fundus" totally makes me laugh. And DH is under the impression that "fundus" means "the remnants of the baby belly women have postpartum." I said, "Ugh, look at my big belly," and he said very seriously as though imparting a great wisdom, "That''s just your fundus. It will go away in 4 to 6 weeks." I guess he thought this because nurses kept coming in, pressng on my belly, and saying, "I''m just checking your fundus." We also had a laugh because when we visited our friend who had a baby four days after us in the hospital, I told DH that I was relieved to see that her fundus was as "profundus" as mine.

Thanks to Sunkist, I now know how to resize pictures on my Mac. Here is our baby Claire in the hospital with her cute mohawk (I should probably say "fauxhawk").

babyclaireoct312009c.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
drk
Adorable u/s shot.

phoenix
LOL on your DH''s understanding of "fundus".
Claire is so precious. Take care of yourself and her.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 7:46:42 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Mara, yes, ''fundus'' totally makes me laugh. And DH is under the impression that ''fundus'' means ''the remnants of the baby belly women have postpartum.'' I said, ''Ugh, look at my big belly,'' and he said very seriously as though imparting a great wisdom, ''That''s just your fundus. It will go away in 4 to 6 weeks.'' I guess he thought this because nurses kept coming in, pressng on my belly, and saying, ''I''m just checking your fundus.'' We also had a laugh because when we visited our friend who had a baby four days after us in the hospital, I told DH that I was relieved to see that her fundus was as ''profundus'' as mine.

Omgosh, Claire is SO adorable! What a cute little tuft of hair!

And LOL @ profundus, that''s seriously hilarious lol.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Claire is sooo adorable!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Haha, yes, fundus sounds weird to me. When I saw sunkist''s question I actually had to look it up. In French, we call it the "uterine height" (hauteur utérine).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results