shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire, you look great!

Re: Presence at delivery. My initial position was only DH with a doula. Since I want a natural birth and it''s my first one, I''d really like to have someone of experience there to stay with me at all times. I have to admit that I also then thought that maybe I''d like to have my mom there, but I was worried about my MIL being jealous and insisting that she be there too, and I didn''t want our families crowding in the hospital waiting and making me feel pressured. However, money is a bit of an issue to hire a doula, and we learned that the hospital where I will deliver only allows two people to assist the mother (apart from the doctor and hospital staff). So even if MIL is jealous and throws a fit, we have a good excuse for refusing her presence, and we''ll make it clear to our families that they will see the baby once we are out of the hospital and not before. The hospital also does the "kangaroo care" thing visla mentioned, so nobody else in the room please...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Delivery Room: I think you are all so right, Mara, Pandora, Vesper, and Jas. J will end up being just fine. He''s extremely calm and level-headed when it comes to dealing with lifes'' big stuff. I just feel like my mom being there might give him a back up, in case he feels the need to flee. There may be a chance that an epidural is not an option for me, which is fine, but that''s an added factor as the guy can''t stand to see me in any sort of pain. We''ll just see how it goes. I''m not going to get caught up in the details yet as we have plenty of time time between now and then and my big birth plan is to simply have the kid come out in one piece, breathing; the rest I''m totally flexible about.

Thanks for the congrats, Meresal. The morning sickness hasn''t been fun, but we take the good with the bad and I''m so excited about this baby that when I don''t feel so well I focus on that. It''s actually nice that I feel worse at night, because at least I''m at home, can put on some comfy clothes and laze around. A friend of my husbands'' keeps asking us to do things in the evenings and he''s like she simply doesn''t understand you don''t feel good! I feel bad for being anti-social, but it''s better than sitting in a restaurant retching. I have a cousin named Ryan, it suits her well. Very cute.

TanDog, I remember that conversation well. We decided definitely "yes" a year and a half ago, but waited a while before taking the big leap. Thank you so much for your kind words. We are both very excited, which is the only way I wanted this to be.

No job today, me and my book, and perhaps some yoga? I''m still trying to wake up.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 12:01:08 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Peeking in at 14 weeks; EDD March 15.
HI:

Just read this now! How thrilling! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been on a major shopping spree for the past week and I think I am almost finished buying everything I need for the baby besides some accessories for the nursery! I finally found a white crib that didn''t look too girly to match all the other furniture I already had. My colors are going to be chocolate brown, blue and white. The crib comes in in about 2 weeks, so I can''t wait to get started on decorating! So much fun!

Thanks for all the well wishes from the other day. I have been drinking lots and lots of water, and have been feeling back to normal and feeling baby E move all the time, so I feel much better. Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Amber~It''s usually the left side of my body that I have problems with too. Such a weird thing. Have you had many during pregnancy? I didn''t have one while I was pregnant with DD or while nursing so I''m kind of bummed I''m having them with this one!

phoenix~Yay for a daycare spot! That can be so stressful, so big relief to have it taken care of and feel confident about where the little one will be! We pay to keep our spot in the summers, but we don''t have to put full tuition-and I can still use it as a drop off if I want to run errands or something. It''s actually quite nice. I think if you like the place it is def. worth it to pay to hold a spot. Good daycare is worth it!!

sapphire~You look great!

Kimberly~I worth with kids, too and I hear ya on how exhausting it can be!! Rest up! Thanks for the input on Saraya. I do think we''ll end up going with it should we have another girl, but the reaction just sticks in the back of my mind.

meresal~Thanks for the reassurance. That is so crazy that the nurse was arguing! I would have told her to shove it!! I really like Ellis....but Ella is cute too!
2.gif
I love your name choices. I like Ryann Makenna, but that''s probably because Makenna was on the top of our list, too.
21.gif

natalina~Thanks! We''re pretty set on Kade for a boy. DH is just sure it''s a girl again, though. Who knows. Our u/s is on Oct. 2. Oh, and I don''t think I''ve ever popped it and gave my opinion about your names, but I LOVE Ellison!

vizsla~No, not pathetic. I would probably feel the same way....and besides, I wouldn''t have a partner in work bathroom pics if you actually started taking your pics in your studio!
41.gif
I see where you''re coming from on how similar the two names are and DH and I have discussed this-especially with nicknames. I like Jas12''s suggestion to use Rhea (pronouced Ray-ah) for a nick name and we call Tayva "Tay" so then they wouldn''t be so similar. Hmmmmm.....

Jas12~Thanks for popping in. I know you can relate to unique name choices. I love Tayva''s name and thinks she''s absolutely a "Tayva" and have never had a second thought about her unique name. I just want to feel that confident about this one and I think I''ll get there. Like I said to Viz, I really like the idea of Rhea. I''ll run that by DH and if anything could go with it as a nickname. If it''s a boy, we won''t have this issue at all, though.
16.gif

re: people in delivery room. I had my DH and my mom. My mom was my "coach" and Dh watched like it was a Discovery Channel special....not kidding!
20.gif
He was so into the epidural and the whole delivery process, I''m not sure he once even said anything to the tune of "good job honey." But, that''s what my mom was for. She was awesome. Held my hand and cheered me on. I''ll have them with me again with this one.

re: daycare. I agree with Viz, get on a waiting list NOW. So hard to find good childcare. We''re already on the wait list for this one (due in February, but not going to be in daycare until August). Thank goodness we have an "in" at Tayva''s current daycare!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 11:06:46 AM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon. My husband and I are both truly thrilled.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 3:59:55 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
36.gif

Oh KIMI, many many Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your hubby; that is such Wonderful news, yay!!!
36.gif
hug.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, yeah, I know, daycare is expensive, but I guess if you think about how much you''re paying per hour -- I think ours will be about $7 per hour if I''m doing the math right ($270 per week which includes them providing diapers) -- it doesn''t seem like that much to watch your precious baby. You have to pay clueless teenagers more than that to babysit!

Viz, yes, having the daycare is such a huge relief! At first I was so upset that there was a "year" waiting list, but as I started to read between the lines of the director''s comments about keeping in touch with her, I started to think it was something I could make happen if I tried hard enough. I like a challenge so it was kind of fun (well, now that it''s turned out the way we hoped).

Burk, I''m glad to know someone else holds her daycare spot over the summer. If we had the baby at a daycare where there are always openings, it wouldn''t be a big deal, but I can''t expect this place to let me hold my spot and not pay for two months when there''s a waiting list. If they offer us a discount, great, but if not, I get paid all year so it won''t really change our expenses or financial situation. This daycare near my work said they always have openings and that stopping over the summer is no problem, but that actually was a negative to me. The higher price and waiting list of the neighborhood place give me a little more peace of mind, maybe without cause, but still.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
phoenix - yay for getting the daycare you wanted!

meresal - LOVE both ryann makenna and ryann elisabeth

so, i'' have finally had it up to HERE (or out to THERE) with trying to squeeze into my regular clothes. i can only wear about 1/8th of what i used to wear to work and that amount is rapidly dwindling with my expanding waist. don''t know why i''m just not excited about shopping for maternity clothes. maybe cuz i know it''s temporary? i''ve been trying to make do with leaving the button undone and using hubby''s belts to hold the pants up and that has limited me to longer tops to cover up my ghettofab contraptions. i sooooooo wish i was still allowed to wear scrubs to work. but i''ve given in. glad old navy and gap have so cute stuff that isn''t too crazily priced. my eyes just about bugged out when i checked out pea in the pod! hope everything fits. we''re supposed to by based on our pre-preggo size, correct?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, I feel the same way; I really didn''t want to spend a bunch of money on clothes to wear for a few months. As long as you haven''t gained a whole lot of weight yet, your pre-pregnancy sizes should be fine. I found that I quickly went from XS/S to M in maternity clothes, so it didn''t hold true for me. But I had already gained 7 pounds by 9 weeks, 19 pounds by 16 weeks, etc., and most people''s weight gain seems to be much lower by that point. The S stuff stopped fitting by the 2nd trimester for me.

I ordered a few things from Gap and Old Navy maternity and found that I wanted to return most of the stuff. Some of it said it could only be returned online, not in the store like I thought everything could be. So I had to make a special trip to mail it back, but it wasn''t too much of a hassle.

I''ve gotten most of my clothes from Motherhood, some from Target, and a few things from the local Old Navy. After that one online experience, I decided I just had to try stuff on before buying.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:06:04 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Ginger, I feel the same way; I really didn't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes to wear for a few months. As long as you haven't gained a whole lot of weight yet, your pre-pregnancy sizes should be fine. I found that I quickly went from XS/S to M in maternity clothes, so it didn't hold true for me. But I had already gained 7 pounds by 9 weeks, 19 pounds by 16 weeks, etc., and most people's weight gain seems to be much lower by that point. The S stuff stopped fitting by the 2nd trimester for me.

I ordered a few things from Gap and Old Navy maternity and found that I wanted to return most of the stuff. Some of it said it could only be returned online, not in the store like I thought everything could be. So I had to make a special trip to mail it back, but it wasn't too much of a hassle.

I've gotten most of my clothes from Motherhood, some from Target, and a few things from the local Old Navy. After that one online experience, I decided I just had to try stuff on before buying.
aaargh...i was afraid of that. well i guess i'll just have to wait for the stuff to come and see if i had any luck. i usually only buy online from stores where i know my size, but here i was shooting inthe dark. if not, i'll just chalk it up to first mama mistake
5.gif
and how the heck did i forget about target?! i thought pregnancy brain wasn't supposed to set in until later
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 3:59:55 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Yay Kimi!! I am so excited for you!!
36.gif
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 9:52:55 AM
Author: anchor31

Re: Presence at delivery. My initial position was only DH with a doula. Since I want a natural birth and it''s my first one, I''d really like to have someone of experience there to stay with me at all times. I have to admit that I also then thought that maybe I''d like to have my mom there, but I was worried about my MIL being jealous and insisting that she be there too, and I didn''t want our families crowding in the hospital waiting and making me feel pressured. However, money is a bit of an issue to hire a doula, and we learned that the hospital where I will deliver only allows two people to assist the mother (apart from the doctor and hospital staff). So even if MIL is jealous and throws a fit, we have a good excuse for refusing her presence, and we''ll make it clear to our families that they will see the baby once we are out of the hospital and not before. The hospital also does the ''kangaroo care'' thing visla mentioned, so nobody else in the room please...
HI:

Congrats Anchor! I don''t know if things have changed much siince I delivered but many of the L & D staff, where I worked in AB, were certified in midwives. Would you be comfortable if a staff/midwife was present with a family member? I felt mine was a lifesaver, although it is true I could not choose the satff beforehand ....

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Skippy and Kaleigh! Very sweet of both of you! The husband and I are very excited.

Ginger, I was totally not thrilled about buying maternity clothes, but none of my shorts or pants fit anymore. I broke down and bought three pairs and a few maternity tops (Old Navy and on sale at A Pea in the Pod). A friend of my husband's also bought me three materinity shirts (a little odd, but very generous of her). It's still very warm here and I have several sun dresses that I can get away with for work (I'm lucky I can wear those and shorts to work) but I'm thinking it won't be long until I have to actually go shopping. I wish I knew someone who'd had a baby recently and was my size, I'd just buy their clothes off of them.

Burk, those kids can be tiring! I did rest today, and ran a few errands (and ate a McDonald's cheeseburger). I know what you mean about the reaction sticking. My mom's is still hanging out in the back of my head, but since she said it a while ago it's not so bothersome.

Steph, I'm glad things are back to normal.

Mara, I hope your trip goes well. I'm contemplating going to my parents' this weekend, but I'm not sure I want to drive there by myself. I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel.
2.gif

I think this is the second night this week I've arrived at the dinner table in a t-shirt and underwear. Lovely.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
GingerB, I hear you on not getting too into shopping for maternity clothes. I really hate it and am trying to stay in my same maternity pants I bought at 7 weeks for as long as possible because I don''t want to have to buy pants in too many sizes. I LOVE everything I have bought from Gap, but Old Navy was a different story at least for me as far as pants go anyway. I tried on several pairs of pants and they were all ultra low rise....really, who wants to wear that kind of thing when they are pregnant? I would say get to the store to try things on rather than relying on ordering online b/c it''s so hard to tell what will fit you the correct way. Good luck with shopping...pass on any good deals you find!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger- I got a lot of stuff from Gap Maternity and really like it.

Kimberly- your comment about showing up at the dinner table in a t and undies is too funny!

Viz- What is kangaroo care?

Mara- I posted in the gear thread, but wasn''t sure you saw it yet. Have you checked out the Skylar crib from PBK? It''s espresso and white and has cute little storage drawers on the bottom. Looks similar to the others you were considering.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 11:21:27 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
9/14/2009 5:10:28 PM

Author: steph72276

Hey! Thanks for all the advice. I called the doc and told them what was going on, and they wanted to see me as a precaution...so I just spent the last 3 hours driving and waiting to get in. Anyway, the little one was stubborn and they couldn''t find the heartbeat at first, so I was pretty worried, but they finally found it and everything was good. She checked my cervix and it was still closed, so good news. She said I was a little dehydrated and that could cause cramps, which makes sense b/c I was running around like crazy over the weekend and probably didn''t get enough liquids and it is hot here in FL. Sooo, I just have to drink lots of liquids. Whew, this little boy is already causing mommy stress! Anyway, thanks again for all the advice!

I meandered over to this thread earlier today when I learned that Mara and anchor31 were expecting. I saw that you had concerns, Steph, so I came back to see how you were doing. I am so glad that all is well. Does swimmer also post to this thread? I just learned tonight that she is expecting, too.

AGBF

34.gif
Hi, Deb....just saw this. Thanks for thinking about me...all is well now. Our little one just decided to give Mommy a scare!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys!

I''ve been lurking but not posting much...basically because I''ve just felt like "blah". Not like over being pregnant because I don''t want to send mixed messages to the boys, but maybe a little bit like that!. I''m just to the point were I want to be able to move freely!!.

I''ve had a couple of emotional breakdowns (DH is a saint!) and I just really have to keep reminding myself that I''m *almost* there.

These NST tests and the trip to L&D have been stressing me out. Today we go in for the 3rd test and a growth ultrasound....I hope I don''t end up there all afternoon/night!. I''m excited about the u/s though...can''t wait to see how much they weigh now!!.

I''ll be a better poster once my hormones/emotions calm down
5.gif

33 weeks today!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, I hear ya. I''m not over being pregnant, but I hit that 30 week mark where I''m just dragging. I''m tired, but not tired? I''m still super nauseous, which sucks! I''m starting to feel heavy, when walking around a lot and rolling over. I''m totally keeping this baby in here for a long time, but you''d think that with such a gradual change of "girth" I''d get used to it. Not so easy! Hang in there!

I have my 30 week appointment, probably the last one DH can go to for awhile, it''s just not feasible for him to leave work every two weeks. It''s also the last appointment with my OB until she delivers me- she''s also pregnant and due at the end of the month. So it''s strange that towards the end of my pregnancy I''m going to be foisted onto another doctor for a few more appointments. My OB said she''ll be delivering before she comes back to the practice, so unless there are major issues with being a mother, she''ll definitely be there for the delivery. It kind of sucks that I have to cram all my questions into this one appointment because I''m more comfortable with her, and trust her.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
32 weeks today!

I''m over being pregnant about 30% of the time. But mostly I''m loving it so far. I woke up this morning and Evan was hiccuping--so cute.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning ladies...!

mand i am over being preggo half the time and i am only 20 weeks.
41.gif
your feelings are what they are so i say embrace them. they say the baby(ies) know when you feel stress but i don't really think they can identify 'oh heck i'm pissing mom off again' haha. so don't give yourself extra stress by worrying you should be feeling differently than you are. i have heard from almost everyone that at about 32 weeks you are pretty much over it. and you've got TWO in there, you're a rockstar. seriously knowing how hard is it for me to grow one, i am super impressed now at mom's who can carry multiples and you have such a great attitude overall.

natalina, yes thank you i saw your recommend, just haven't had time to check it out. i did see the PB Kendall in the store the other day and it's very nicely made. i think it would hold up better than the walmart over time but i really like the 2 tone idea. and i have some PB gift cards to use that could lower the price if i did fall in love with something.

ginger, the clothes is something that really bothered me mostly towards the end of my first trimester and into second. while my weight gain is fine, my hips spread a bit early on making it impossible for my to wear a lot of my jeans. so sad... but i have turned mostly to dresses now. it's summer and it's perfect, and makes me feel more comfortable. old navy and target have a lot of cheap stuff, i tend to prefer target over old navy unless it's lounging or super casual, then old navy is great. also, gap is having a sale on some stuff, i was in baby gap the other day and got 3 fall sweaters/tunics and some leggings for like 30% off. and their stuff is pretty stylish. i didn't want to spend on designer clothes for maternity, but i have beefed up a small mini wardrobe because we still do have 20 more weeks and i didn't want to be crabby or have issues every morning getting dressed. i am not wearing mat mat clothes yet, mostly empire dresses from my old wardrobe, but i have the mat stuff for when i am ready. i plan to live in sweater tunics, leggings and cute flats this fall and winter! thank god fashion is on our side!

gotta run and get ready but i am at my work event which entails something like 15-18 meetings between 1.5 days. i got here at 9:30am and it was go go go since then. by last nite my poor belly and uterus was sooo sore from carrying my laptop bag around all day, moving around so much, and sitting in weird positions. i walked around a fair amt but my body was just not used to sitting in a professional, legs crossed position for so many meetings. it felt SO GOOD to lay down last nite, my sides hurt. i slept like the dead for 9 hours, yay. so i feel good today, and it's just 1/2 day today til 2pm then i go home, thankfully. but wow, this really keeps showing me that i cannot do what i used to do, even just having 1.5 days of meetings with partners takes on a whole new meaning. can't wait to get home this afternoon and lay on the couch!

viz, greg threatens to do the 50's thing too 'i'll be at the corner bar' ... of course i know he is joking, but i was like you are not getting off that easy buddy! hahaha.

hope everyone is doing well, i know i missed a whole lot of updates. oh btw sapphire...your belly shots before and after are great!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
oh mandy - safety in numbers here! i *totally* understand where you are coming from. i never was much of a complainer - and haven't been during this PG - DH has actually been quite surprised how i've 'sucked it up' - and haven't really let being PG get in the way of living life ya know...... that is...... until...... one day.... when you just feel like crap-ola and you haven't been sleeping, and eating is a chore b/c you are full 3 bites in, and then have indigestion, and all you want is to be able to bend over, or lay on your stomach......... it just gets to that point.

and then the guilt slips in like you are projecting negative energy on the baby, or are being ungrateful that you are PG. i get it. mother nature is sneaky that way. i think if we were totally comfortable the entire time whilst pg we would have no motivation to *actually* prepare mentally to have our baby. i keep telling myself while this time seems long now, i'll look back and say 'holy smokes, that flew by, i should have tried to enjoy myself more'. darn hindsight! plus, i think it's good to get a little frustration off your shoulders - less stress that way... b/c stress is no bueno
2.gif

nat - kangaroo care is basically skin to skin contact immediately following birth while baby is in a 'quiet alert' state (our hospital recommends doing this for 1-1.5 hours following birth) - also, if you plan to breastfeed, this is an awesome time to start (quiet-alert state). it also helps regulate baby's body temperature (in lieu of putting them under the warming lights), plus regulate their heartbeat, breathing and promotes bonding.

dads can do this too at home or if mom has a c-section, they will put the baby on dad after delivery. it also provides good tummy time for babes when they are young young. baby is supposed to be only in a diaper on bare chest and without a blanket covering either you or baby (as baby could get too warm) - so make sure once you are at home the neighbors don't just 'stop by'
3.gif
- i'm sooooo looking forward to this!! - the kangaroo care, not the neighbors stopping by and seeing my bare chest [:razz:]

oh, another PG related funny..... i have this odd mole on the top of my bum crack
37.gif
that, according to hubby, has grown twice in size in the past few months. so, of course i freak out that i have skin cancer and make an apt. with a derm. this am to have it looked at .... well, it's just another wonderful side effect of hormones and being PG, apparently moles get bigger too!

the *BEST* news was that she said to me following my full body mole scan
3.gif
"ahhh, so i see you have the mask of pregnancy"

i do!?!?!?!? fantastic!
14.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine I know our situations are different because you have twins, but in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy they sent me for 2 growth scans and 2 NSTs and I had lots of monitoring of my BP. It is scary! I know it made me feel so down the whole time. Try to take heart that it means you are getting good care, and remember to try and enjoy your last free moments as much as you can! Your whole life is about to change, for the better in so many ways, but also for the worse in some important ways -- sleep, seeing movies, sleep, being alone. Did I mention sleep? If it helps at all, try to do as much of all these things as you can. Then at least there may be some small joy to balance the confusion and stress of all the non-stress tests
20.gif

ETA Viszla I also got some slight discoloration on one of my cheekbones which I only noticed post-partum. All my moles grew too! They all went away by themselves by about 4/5mo pp.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
mandarine--i''ll second what DD says--it''s hard not to feel down near the end. Totally normal. For me, I think the time b/w week 40-42 waiting for my guy and being so utterly over being pregnant (crying at a drop of a hat, feeling false labor over and over and just general discomfort) were some of the most difficult days ever. It''s really hard to try to enjoy your last ''selfish'' days/weeks when you are feeling like poop.Everyone says to just enjoy it, but i couldn''t.

Vizsla--funny, i had a mole thingy near my butt too and it grew huge while preggo. You just reminded me of that. Must be all the hormones happening in that area or something ?! Weird. Mine when back to normal PP.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies, I''ve been random on here lately. I''ve got a lot going on and it''s so odd trying to take care of your life from bed. We''re moving in less than two weeks! I''ve booked a mover with packing (I''m so glad we don''t have to pack the dishes. Bless DH, but him+packing the fine china=scary!), had to arrange to get all three cats their shots, had to book flights for us and the cats and figure out the fees, sold most of our furniture on craigslist, trying to figure a time for people to come and see me before I leave. Oy! But, it''s all going really well.

On the pregnancy front, holy cow I''m huge. Haha. I popped completely overnight and my boobs have taken on an alien-like appearance. They are out of control. The bras I just bought a few weeks ago fit perfectly now and I bought them a size too big. DH is so cute. He still finds me attractive even when I can barely breathe and haven''t bathed in two days. Such a funny man. So we have a song because I made up little jingles for everything. Our song is "I''m naked, I''m pregnant and I look like Sideshow Bob." I rarely ever get dressed half the time and since my hair is curly and I can''t wash it as much as I''d like to, I seriously look like Sideshow Bob. DH thinks it''s so funny and he loves my random sense of humour about all of this crapola. I sing it to joke when he''s trying to get frisky with me because it just seems so inappropriate because I''m a freak of nature. Haha.

Whoever was looking for maternity gear, I like Gapmaternity because a lot of it is stuff I''d actually wear if I wasn''t pregnant. I''ve also bought things that are regular sized from H&M like tunics and long sweaters in an XL so they I have room to grow in them. Motherhood is good for really basic stuff like t-shirts and tak tops and the occasional dress, but I wasn''t in love with a ton of stuff from there. I did find key layering pieces though, so if that''s what you are looking for, it''s a good source for a good price (catch them on a sale). Old Navy is good for comfies (I think Mara mentioned that. I completely agree).

Anyways, I''m 24 weeks on Saturday. Time is flying by. If I ever get dressed, I''ll post a pic :)

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
PS- In regards to being over pregnancy, oh man! I feel so bad feeling that way sometimes, but everyone I know understands my humour. I''ve been saying that I can''t wait for the kid to come out so I can have my body back. And then I joke that I''m going to drink a glass of red wine, take 4 advil if I have a headache, eat loads of brie and camembert, get another tattoo, do it in the missionary position (ugh i miss it!), have DH touch my butt for a reason other than massaging it because my lower back pain has moved south, and maybe do something fun like trim my nether regions and have it turn out looking like an adult did it and not a 5 year old with crayola scissors. Haha.

(((hug))) everyone gets to this point and if they don''t, I''m thoroughly convinced that they''re lying. It makes me feel better. Haha.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for the words of wisdom!!!

and for the pregnant ladies for chimming in and letting me know I''m not alone!
9.gif

Viz, you crack me up!!! I''m in the same boat!...teh whole pregnancy has been really good...but yes, I feel like crap-ola and it''s hard to not let it get to me!!!.

The guilt trips are the worse...because I know I am so lucky to have had no major issues and to still be baking these bebes!....So I hate feeling like I''m wishing time flies...but ya know, it''s tough!.

well, a mole would have been worse than mask of pregnancy, IMO!!! and the bum crack is better than your face!....so I would say that''s not too bad!!!
2.gif

DD, thank you!! I think the tests is what''s getting to me the most. I spend at least 4 hours a week at the Dr''s office...and one boy always fails (failed again today!)...so it''s scary. regarding doing things, well, that''s the thing...I can''t move much! I can''t sleep and I''m alone all day long...so I know what you''re saying but I think the cabin fever+hormones+oversized body are just getting to me!. I told DH maybe we should go to a hotel by the beach for the weekend or something..just so I can get out of the house!

Jas12, Than you :))

Mara, thank you!! I try to keep up a good attitude but it''s getting tougher! It definitely helps me to come on here and vent though...so thank you
9.gif

And well, I''m back and have good news and bad news!

First the bad...Baby B failed his NST!
14.gif

Now the good!!!

Baby A PASSED!!!!!!!!!...Can I get a what-what!!!???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. He finally passed! (he''s failed the last two so I''m very happy!).

So we had to do an ultrasound to make sure Baby B was just being difficult (he was and is doing good!)...and they also did the growth scan and guess what!?

EACH BABY is 4.5 LBS!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am so excited! She said from now on they gain ~ 0.5 lbs...which means, if I make it to 38 weeks I could have well over 6 lb babies!!!. That is just terrific and I''m excited and happy!....and that means someone (other than me) is putting on the pounds!!!

So yay little chubsters!!!!

9.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine: Congrats on the babies baking so well!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, good job babies!!!

There''s swine flu at my school.
38.gif
12 confirmed cases and 13 more suspected today. The CDC says pregnant teachers should just follow the same guidelines as the general public -- a lot of hand-washing, covering your mouth when you cough (although, hello, that''s for people who already have it . . . if I get it I will not be continuing merrily on my way to work each day), etc.

Blah.

I''m 35 weeks today. That seems, like, really, really pregnant. Yikes! I put away the baby''s clothes after washing them yesterday, so now all that''s left are a few things I''ve forgotten. I don''t have any nursing bras, we''ve forgotten diaper wipes if newborns even need them, and I want to get a few more of those little kimono things for newborns with umbilical cord stubs still attached. But all the big stuff is pretty much crossed off the list! Well, except that DH wants to keep all of the baby "stuff" like carseats and pack n'' plays in their boxes in case random, unknown benefactors a la Great Expectations decide to gift us these items we''ve already bought. Then we''ll be set to return the ones we bought because we didn''t unpack them . . . this makes sense to him, apparently. As long as he deals with it once we need them, that''s fine.

But the good news is we''ve got the pediatrician, the daycare, the room ready, etc. We''re as ready as we''ll ever be for you, baby!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, nursing bras ordered. Thanks for the recommendations for my 34As, ladies. I ordered a Medela sleep nursing bra and the La Leche league one. Hopefully at least one of them will work for my little girls (to feed my little girl).

2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results