shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee, congratulations MuffDog!! I can't wait to 'meet' your little man!!!! :appl:

Congrats and welcome lulu!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Yay muff! Congrats!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Muffdog!!! Looking forward to hearing his name and all about the birth :appl: :appl: :appl:

Big welcomes to lulu and DandiAndi! :wavey:

amc80 how are you doing? I've been thinking of you and sending you lots of positive thoughts ::hugs::

monkey I hope your little vacation was relaxing and peaceful :bigsmile:

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all doing well :wavey:

AFM I had my private ante-natal class this weekend (we chose to do this one in addition to the hospital class, which is free) and I am exhausted after it. The instructor did a few guided meditations and for some reason a whole lot of emotional stuff got brought up to the surface for me. I ended up crying my eyes out during one of the meditations :oops: In one sense I'm glad it's all started to come out at this stage rather than in the last couple of weeks before the birth but I am just so drained now after it all. Anyway the rest of the course was good and the focus was really strongly on stuff the Dads can do to be useful/helpful in the delivery room, so that was great.

I'm 27 weeks today, still feeling good, have a sizable bump and my boobs are outrageous but I feel pretty much the same everywhere else. Baby Buttons is crazy active and starting to run out of room in there I think. I can feel hiccups and huge big squirming movings, and then there are thumps and pokes and sometimes I can feel something knobbly running along the inside of my belly. Lots of different sensations! One morning during the week I felt something poking up and I said it to DH and he was able to actually wrap his fingers around it like a wee mushroom - just amazing :love:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Lulu, congrats! Just wanted to let you know that we were told we would most likely be having a boy at our 12 week scan, and it was confirmed that we are definitely having a boy at our 21 week scan. Crazy that they can tell that early, huh? Also, as for your "pelvic rest" discussion, DH and I have had very little activity since we conceived the baby. I have had a few minor spotting issues, which has contributed to it, but mainly it's because DH is convinced it will somehow endanger the baby. We're a little more paranoid than most because we tried for several months before getting pregnant. Anyway, although it is sometimes frustrating for me and makes me sad that we don't have that same romantic spark right now, I don't feel like we have lost our intimacy. It just takes a little more effort and helps you focus on your connection in other ways. Hopefully your placenta will move up, as I hear that is often the case. Wishing you a good start to your second trimester!

Buttons, yay for baby movements! I'm jealous because I'm only treated to a few tiny little pops once in awhile due to my stupid anterior placenta. I can't wait for DH to be able to feel something.

AFM, I'm back from a nice getaway, probably the last real one until after the baby arrives. I ate very well at the resort, so I'm afraid to get on the scale.... We spent some time with my grandmother, and she knitted Bumby the cutest little cream-colored hat and stockings with blue ribbons and an adorable little blanket. So precious. This will be her 26th or 27th great-grandchild (my cousin's wife is expecting a baby the same week as me), but she still manages to do something special for each one. Baby seems to be doing just fine (Doppler has been getting a lot of use!), and I haven't had any more spotting or anything since Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Paging VintageLover! My Mexican bola necklace arrived! :) :) :)

image-2351342010.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, you look great! So what's the deal with these necklaces? Do they chime quietly so only the baby can hear it? Or is it loud enough for everyone to hear? I assume the former, as otherwise, that might get a little annoying, right??? Either way, it's a cute idea.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to MuffDog! I can't wait to see pictures.

I can't remember who posted the darling necklace they got their mom-but I like it!

Buttons: You look great! I got my ball in last week too. Mine is blue enamel with silver dolphins and the baby loves it. When I first got it the baby was kicking and so I'd move it-and then more movement-move it some more-so on and so fourth.

It's not very loud but you can hear it. I like it-it's soothing.

I have SO much to do since we have our HM coming up and we have to leave at like 3am on Friday morning so I can't post much. I hope everyone is continuing to do well though :) Midwife check up for the first time since April is tomorrow-so I'll find out more then but I did get on my aunts scale on Sunday and I was only 123 lbs so I'm pretty happy. I think my MIL scale is broken lol.

I turned 24 weeks on Sunday so now I'm 24w1d and I can't believe I'm 6 months pregnant. That means in a few months the baby will be coming :o :shock: :appl:

Have a great week few weeks ladies-I'll try and post when I get back but I doubt I will be able to since I'll have company. Maybe a fly by post but these next couple of months are crazy jam packed with stuff.

HUGS to all you ladies and I can't wait to see pictures and read the stories!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I had some pretty bad contractions on Thursday and Friday. I probably should have gone to L&D but frankly just didn't want to, especially since my normal appt was first thing this morning. Turns out it was a good decision since I'm not dilating at all. My doc did give me a lecture though and said next time I need to go in. Fine fine.

Today I'm 31w6d and had a growth scan. All I can say is yikes. Baby is measuring 35w4d. His head is measuring 37w! The tech said he doesn't have a ton of fat, he's just long. Estimated weight
is 5lbs5oz. This kid is going to end up being 10lbs. She said they won't change my due date (which is good). She also said most people with big babies end up going full term, and just end up with big babies. The good news is everything looks great, and that's what is important.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, your necklace looks so pretty on you! Which one did you end up getting?

Muffdog, congratulations! I hope you are recovering well and enjoying this special time with your newborn!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1340053762|3218951 said:
Today I'm 31w6d and had a growth scan. All I can say is yikes. Baby is measuring 35w4d. His head is measuring 37w! The tech said he doesn't have a ton of fat, he's just long. Estimated weight
is 5lbs5oz. This kid is going to end up being 10lbs. She said they won't change my due date (which is good). She also said most people with big babies end up going full term, and just end up with big babies. The good news is everything looks great, and that's what is important.
Blake was measuring ahead too at his growth scan at 32 weeks. He was measuring 34 weeks overall, head measuring 37 weeks. At my next scan at 37 weeks he was measuring right at 37 weeks and 6lbs 14oz. So it may level out eventually! He was 7lbs 9oz born at 39 weeks 3 days. Glad you had a good appointment and sounds like a healthy baby! :D

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
monkeyprincess yea, we're pretty sure it's a little feller in here. thanks for support on the pelvic rest situation. i'm feeling a bit better today, i think i was feeling hormonal yesterday (and guilty and worried).

amc glad everything was looking good at your appt this am.

vintagelover have a wonderful time on your trip!!

today was a day off for me...billing paying & errand running and now i'm whooped. i see resting on the couch for the rest of the evening.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Happy Monday and Cograts to Muff the next new Mama!

Welcome Lulu! I would say don't take the pelvic rest as a 'death sentence' there are plenty of sensual things you and DH can still do, and *ahem* plenty of very nice things you can do for DH to keep that spark going. Even if you don't want to do those things, you can keep things intimate with your husband with date nights, hand holding, being romatic etc. I personally have been very much in the mood, off and on, it's just DH and I's conflicting work schedules that has kept us from more 'action'. we're both looking forward to some nice vacation couple time this weekend!

Monkey - We're very similar in weeks, I believe (I turn 24 weeks tomorrow) and I'm not always feeling much movement either. Sometimes yes, but I've only had one - whoa what's going on in there - moment and that was about 2 weeks ago now. My DH still hasn't felt anything either. it seems like anytime I notice a kicka dn he comes over, then nothing. There's time though - I'm sure we'll be wishing for these days when we're further along and baby won't give us a minute's peace.

DIY weekend went well, sort of. DH atmittedly hates painting and stinks at it so after the ceiling was done I kicked him off of the painting job. We did have alot of fun and his Dad came over for dinner, which he prepared and tidied up for while I painted. Unfortunately we underestimated and had less than half a gallon left after 1 coat, and 2 are definitely needed. I had a preggo moment when I got home and decided to try to finish and do the 2nd coat but all I got done was the cutting in and 2 walls. Whoops. I sure hope the next gallon we get is a good match. I shamlessly got the colors from the awesome Lay Baby Lay website - the color is the one the blogger used in her baby Vivi's room - it's a really nice aqua. Somehow it's brighter than I expected, but I think accents and some time will temper it and it will grow on me more. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but I'm thinking the runner up peachy color might have been a bit more soothing. I may end up doing one wall ina ligher color to break it up a bit.

I also realized I have an Ikea coupon that expires next week so we're making a trip tomorrow to get baby girl's dresser and look at a few other things for our house like pantry cupboards.

I also keep second guessing the dress I got with a gift card from my MIL from pea in a pod. I'm so glad I went on their website because I found the same dress in another pattern on the website for half of what I paid! So I'll be returning the one I have to the store and getting a replacement plus another one from the website!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Steph, choro- How are you ladies doing? I see you're next on the list! Any signs of labor?

AFM- just sending an update. I've been exhausted and uncomfortable. I finally got a haircut today. Such a simple luxury that I definitely recommend towards the end. I've held off on anything for myself this pregnancy and I wish I would have pampered myself more now. Perhaps a pedicure next? Anyways, I had monitoring this week and it showed multiple contractions. I learned to feel for them,bywatching the machine, so now I know the difference between baby and contractions. Last week only showed two, so I was quite happy with seeing a lot this week. No loss of mucous plug though, so I guess labor is still way off.

I'm glad you ladies are all doing well. I check in and read the comments often. :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
PetitePoire|1340102240|3219285 said:
Steph, choro- How are you ladies doing? I see you're next on the list! Any signs of labor?

Thanks for asking about me! I'm still here baking away...but I have some inside info the lovely choro is not. I'll let her share the details when she feels up to it but her little man arrived on Friday and they are both doing well. :appl:

Looks like it's you and me, PetitePoire. :lol:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
stephb0lt|1340104745|3219289 said:
PetitePoire|1340102240|3219285 said:

Thanks for asking about me! I'm still here baking away...but I have some inside info the lovely choro is not. I'll let her share the details when she feels up to it but her little man arrived on Friday and they are both doing well. :appl:

Looks like it's you and me, PetitePoire. :lol:

Oh wow! So exciting!! Thanks for the inside scoop on choro! I'm thrilled for her and can't wait for her to get back and share. It's still so surreal that we could have our little ones anytime. I can't believe the June baby boom is almost complete and our time in this thread is drawing to an end. Time sure does fly!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
YAY Choro!!!! :appl:

Steph and Petite! You two are SO close!!! I must say it was a little sad to check the Preggo in waiting list to see my name removed. Believe it or not, I miss being pregnant sometimes. I don't miss the issues I dealt with at the end, but I miss feeling little Blake inside me! ;( He could ALWAYS be with me and now that's not the case. I'll have to go back to work in a couple weeks and leave him during the day. Ahhh! I hate even thinking about it. But anyway, back to happy stuff...it's about to get really exciting for you two!!! :razz:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Behind, as usual, but wanted to send my congrats to Missy, Muff and Choro! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so thrilled for you mamas! I can't wait to read all about your babes and births! :love: I can't believe how quickly time has flown by (and how, at times, it moved so slowly)

Petite & Steph, you're up! Followed by...? Mayerling? There are a few others in there, too, but my preggo brain isn't working.

AFM: Got back from a beach vacation a few days ago. It was lovely!! Now I'm back in CO, hot and uncomfortable, seeking refuge in my retro-fied, musty (but cold) basement. My dad and uncle are in from OOT this week to help my hubby with our home improvement projects. I hope they finish!!!!

Four weeks til my due date. So really, she could arrive in one week or in six. Let the waiting game begin! I'm wondering how soon I should prep my birth center/hospital bag?

Photo 6.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question about contractions, both BH and cervix-changing ones.

I know they're different for every person, but for those of you who know you're contracting, what does it feel like?

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1340123712|3219411 said:

I know they're different for every person, but for those of you who know you're contracting, what does it feel like?

You look great PPM! I have the same go to outfits also. It takes a while each day to find the perfect outfit. Let's not even get started on what I sleep in! Well, I guess it's gotten better. It started at DH's big t-shirts and boxers. Very attractive. Now it's these super comfy stretchy short underwear with a bralette type thing in the same material. Nothing feels comfortable!

Anyways, I've recently just realized what the contractions actually feel like. I'm not sure if I had them before or if these are even doing anything to my cervix. The feeling is exactly like people have said before- your stomach gets hard. I can usually feel the tightening so I check all spots on my belly to see if it's just near her butt or all over. For some reason she pushes out a lot, so it's not easy for me to tell without touching. Lately though I have been feeling some of them in my lower back. Again, I don't know what they are doing. I keep hoping they are cervix changing ones, but I doubt it. I figure I'll just wait for pain to set in 5 minutes apart...

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
PetitePoire|1340124443|3219421 said:

You look great PPM! I have the same go to outfits also. It takes a while each day to find the perfect outfit. Let's not even get started on what I sleep in! Well, I guess it's gotten better. It started at DH's big t-shirts and boxers. Very attractive. Now it's these super comfy stretchy short underwear with a bralette type thing in the same material. Nothing feels comfortable!

Anyways, I've recently just realized what the contractions actually feel like. I'm not sure if I had them before or if these are even doing anything to my cervix. The feeling is exactly like people have said before- your stomach gets hard. I can usually feel the tightening so I check all spots on my belly to see if it's just near her butt or all over. For some reason she pushes out a lot, so it's not easy for me to tell without touching. Lately though I have been feeling some of them in my lower back. Again, I don't know what they are doing. I keep hoping they are cervix changing ones, but I doubt it. I figure I'll just wait for pain to set in 5 minutes apart...

I hear ya on the jammies! Lately it's a stretch for me to be fully clothed- it's just too darn hot.

Are these contractions uncomfortable or painful for you?

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Oh my congrats to Choro, can't wait to hear your birth announcement!!! Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PPM you look fabulous :bigsmile: Glad to hear your vacation was enjoyable but sorry to hear about the heat back home. A friend of mine told me today I 'should' have my hospital bag packed now. At 27 weeks. Apparently not having it packed at 27 weeks is one of her 'big regrets' (she gave birth on her due date)?!? :?: Anyway my plan is to have it ready by 36 weeks.

Steph glad to hear you are doing well! Hope you're not waiting too much longer!

PetitePoire that haircut was a great idea and I think you should definitely go for the pedicure, you deserve a little pampering at this stage :)

missrachel that blog is fantastic, I spent some time on there last night looking at all the beautiful nurseries! Will you post photos and show us how yours turns out? Our baby won't have a nursery so I am going to live vicariously through all of you ;-)

lulu hope your evening on the couch was nice and relaxing - sounds like it was well earned :)

lizzyann thanks for the compliment! I went with this Etsy vendor in the end: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MegaBeadStore?ref=seller_info I chose that one because I liked that it came with a metal chain that can be converted into a shorter necklace later on.

amc glad to hear your scan went well! It will be very interesting to see how baby's size pans out by the end. I was measuring so far ahead while my Mum was expecting me that they told her it might be twins. Then they sent her for an x-ray and discovered, no, it was just me! ::) I think I was 8lbs 7oz in the end, so not teeny tiny, but not exactly a whopper either.

vintage that was me posted the necklace I got my Mum. Thanks for all the compliments :) Hope you survive your crazy busy month OK, take it easy as much as you can momma!

monkey thank you for the compliment! The necklace chimes ever so faintly, I can hear it if I shake it or if I pay attention but I doubt anyone else would really notice it say as I walked by or whatever. My friend's baby picked it up today and I don't think either he or his Mum actually noticed that it makes noise. It's very subtle but I like it, it's a pretty chiming sound! I'm so glad to hear your getaway went well, you deserved a lovely break after the hard time you had right beforehand :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I've been having both types- BH and "real" ones, although the real ones aren't causing dilation (yet).

BH ones feel like baby is trying to stretch through you. That's what I thought it was, at first, until I realized the area that felt hard is way too big. I mostly feel them in a horizontal area above my belly button. They don't really hurt but are pretty uncomfortable.

Real contractions feel more like a charlie horse. Actually, I feel them two ways. The first is like period cramps with lower back pain. This is what I felt when I went in to the doc and was contracting every minute. Once they progressed, the charlie horse feeling came. I still get these randomly throughout the day. It sort of hits in one spot and radiates over my belly.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Choro! Can't wait for some of the new mommies to come back with more information after they have time to get settled in with their little ones.

PPM, you look adorable. That bump's just going straight out, huh? So far, that's what mine's shaping up to do as well. Do you know if the baby is still breech? Hoping she managed to turn herself around for you!

PP and Steph, sending lots of positive thoughts your way, and can't wait to hear when your little ones arrive!

Rachel, glad to hear I'm not the only one not feeling much. The past couple of days I've noticed a little more movement than before, or at least when I do feel the popping movement, it is a series of pops for a couple of minutes. I only seem to feel it when I have pants with a fully belly panel and I'm sitting down leaning forward. Little man must not like when I do that!

Buttons, thanks for sharing about the necklace. I was imagining a louder noise, which would not go over too well at work, but if it is that quiet, I think it is a very sweet idea.

amc, hope you are hanging in there. Hopefully, the contractions will not pick up and your little (I mean big!) guy will hang out with you at least a few weeks longer.

Missy, I'm sure it is hard to imagine going back to work when your little guy is so new. I'm hoping you can make the most of your time with him in the next few weeks.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Choro and Muff! So many little ones! Yay!!

Buttons, that necklace is cute, and I love your shirt! Looking good, mama!

PPM, you look great! Torpedo belleh! Sorry you're so hot, that must make things even more uncomfortable. Only a few more weeks!

As for "pelvic rest" we have been on it. No reason other than just being too tired/busy/whatever. It's been a looooong time. Maybe someday we'll get back to it. :tongue:

Hi to everyone else, sorry for not replying to you all individually. Busy June continues to be busy!

AFM, Baby Girl has been bouncing around this week. It's gone from swooshing and random little pokes to full on, oh, she must be awake now type movements. DH actually felt her kicking on Father's Day! It was so perfectly timed. Actually, I felt her on Mother's Day...whoa. She's good, this one. I feel like my belly has exploded and it's taking my belly button with it! ;( It's coming out in the next week or two. At least it doesn't hurt yet!

22w5d

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls!! Thanks so much for the congrats etc. I can't believe our little guy, Luca, is here!!

Here is how the whole she-bang went down.

Friday night - had contractions all night that would wake me up. For those of you wondering how they felt, they felt like the cramping you'd get before you had the runs (sorry, gross). Not quite stomach-bug level of pain, but the kind where your lower back aches and you feel like "oh god, this might be bad" and hope you are near a toilet.

However, when I'd get up and walk around, they'd go away. Which is more like Braxton Hicks I've been told. Real labour contractions aren't supposed to get better with different positions but BH do. What do I know. Saturday am at 5:30 I had a bath. Again - no contractions there. When I stood up to get out, I felt extra water come out from, well, between my legs and I think I felt a little tiny pop. Always the second guesser, I wasn't convinced it was my water breaking but kept it in mind to see how things changed. I did make sure that it was clear though.

Saturday - I had a baby shower for a friend that day so I decided that since the contractions had stopped, I'd go to a) take my mind off things and b) to celebrate her the way she'd done for me! I felt like shit because I'd been up all night but didn't have any more contractions that morning. I was leaking a pink-tinged discharge though (again, I'm assuming nothing is TMI here). Went to the shower and felt like crap. Had 2 contractions and ended up going home early. Still didn't think "this is it" but definitely didn't want to sit around at the shower anymore.

By the time I got home, contractions had started up again. I know people say they are like menstrual cramps (bad ones) but I never really suffered from those so to me they were like the severe gas pains I've had in the past. The kind that make you almost hold your breath but that you don't think you need medical attention for. I started timing them and between 4 and 6 pm, they went from just starting up to about one every 3 -5 minutes (sometimes 2!) and 45 second a piece. My timing wasn't necessarily the most accurate because I was constantly second guessing it and only started timing when the pain really stepped up. My husband went to the grocery store (because hello, that is important when your wife is in labour!) and I had another bath. They were coming closer together and as a typical FTM, I became nervous and knew i wanted to go to the hospital asap. Even if they sent me home - i wanted to get checked.

Got to the hospital and lucked out - it was pretty quiet. Got through admitting quickly and up to the L&D triage for them to monitor and check me. That actually took a while (all the doctors were in the OR). Laying strapped to the table with the monitors while going through contractions SUCKS people. Just FYI.AFter a while they told me to walk around to help things progress while we waited for the doctors and boy were they right. Now the contractions were BAD and coming fast (IMO). Finally, I went up to the nurses and said "I don't want to be pushy, but is there only ONE doctor here who can check me?". haha The nurse said she could check me (thanks a lot, lady. Where were you 2 cm's ago?!).

She checked me (which HURT) and I was 3-4 cm. So not the 5-6 I was thinking based on the speed of my contractions, but still pretty decent. They admitted me to a labouring room and I told them I wanted the epidural ASAP. The pain in my lower back was terrible (it wasn't back labour but OMG it was tough to take) and I didn't want to end up missing the anesthesiologist because I was stupidly holding out.

IV was put in, anesthesiologist came in and gave me the epi. Honestly, I can't go on enough about how great it was. The procedure was easy and didn't hurt and after that boy did I feel good. Lights were dimmed, my body felt so relaxed but I could still move my legs. Amazing.

I was checked again maybe 2 hours later and I hadn't progressed past 4. They wanted to give me pitocin to get things moving but I said no - I wanted to wait to see if my body would progress on its own. At first they agreed but when they realized my water had broken at 5:30 a.m. (it was now maybe 1 a.m. on Sunday), she thought it was best to get this party started.

Watching the contractions on the monitor with the pit was crazy. I don't know how women do inductions without drugs. They come hard and fast.

We had one heart rate scare when I rolled over but otherwise the little guy did well and by 3 a.m. I was 7 cm dilated and by 4 I was 10 and ready to push! I think it was a very fast progression which is why by the time I was 10 I was starting to feel some contraction pain in my lower back.

The nurses got the room ready, the lights were still dim and I started pushing. This was quite difficult. It is labour for a reason, girls! I thought it would happen faster but in the end I pushed for 1 hour and 15 minutes (which I think is still quite fast). With the epi, it was hard to know what you were doing although I think that even without I'm not sure how 'targeted' pushing can be. I was able to feel the contractions come on - no pain, just a hint of cramping or pressure.

I thought I would be super self conscious but with the numbness, I think it all felt very surreal and I didn't care. Doctors and nurses came in and out and had their hands everywhere and I didn't care. I just wanted my baby out safely and to not feel pain.

At one point, this senior male doctor came in and started reaching for the episiotimy scissors. I asked what he was doing and he said he was just getting ready because he didn't think I had enough 'room' for the baby. Um. I'm a normal sized person, the baby is average and not in distress. Put the f'n scissors down.

I pretty much told him I'd rather tear unless he saw a problem with that. He put the scissors down and got to work helping me stretch.

At the part where the baby was crowning I was so nervous. I was so scared of the pain but thanks to the best drugs ever, I felt pressure but no pain. The doctor guided me through when to push, when to stop and all of a sudden the most gorgeous little boy ever (I'm biased) was born. Pink and perfect and crying. We had asked for delayed cord clamping so he just lay on the table between my legs for a bit and then hubs cut the cord and little Luca was placed on my stomach. He was crying with the cutest little pouty face and my husband and I couldn't do anything other than laugh and cry.

While we were staring at the little guy, a doctor and an intern were working on my placenta (I guess) when I felt someone's hand up in my uterus. Literally. I found out after the fact that the cord had detached from the placenta and they had to go up and in to take it out. But like everyone says, when you are staring at your little baby on your tummy, you don't care what is going on down below. I'm grateful that I had such knowledgeable professionals with me at that moment (and that it was the doctor with the small hands who was on placenta-duty).

Luca stayed on me for about 10 minutes and then they took him to the warming station for his tests etc (9's on the APGAR whatever that means). I kept yelling out to my husband "does he have all of his toes? Fingers?" haha I think I was paranoid.

I did end up with a small tear so they dealt with that and Luca was given back to me and we just got to hang out. He never left our room.

He did have some mucus in his lungs so for the first day there were some issues with him grunting and whining etc (and there was a 'mucus out the nose' moment) but he's been checked and is in perfect health!!

We are home now and are trying to figure out this breastfeeding/sleeping/caring for a newborn thing. I can't believe that he is here and he is ours. OMG.

Here are a few pics - more to come later!

7402895634_7c6f49ee28_z.jpg

7402901992_713d9a3e6e_z.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Muffdog! Wonderful birth story! Enjoy your little one and don't forget to eat and shower :bigsmile: One thing that I remember having to force myself to do!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Muff - He is SO handsome! Congratulations to you :D Welcome to parenthood!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
MuffDog, Congratulation!!!!!! How are you? What a TROOPER! pushing for 1hour and 15 minutes? I would have given up!!

MP, glad the pink tinge was nothing!

JGator, prenatal Yoga was my life savior throughout my pregnancy! Glad it worked for you!

PetitePoire, my normal blood pressure is low 90s/high80s. I had the epidural, and it plummeted my blood pressure, and the baby's heartbeat was erratic. It was scary, but the nurses and the technicians were very skilled. There is not set level of what to change, and they just play around with the levels of everything. I was impressed by how calm they were, and didn't freak me out.
In the end, my problem was dehydration so they increased the IV and turned of the epi. That helped the baby, and I stilled enjoyed the effect of the epi.
As for the contractions, BH feel like simple tightening belly. I simply keep walking and talking while thinking (oh, BH...). For real contractions, it was concentrated on my lower stomach, and felt like a combination of menstrual cramps and uh...Watery #2. If you think that these aren't a big deal, let me simply say that I thought so too.

Steph, my goodness, how are you? So sorry that you sound absolutely miserable :(( I hope baby will corporate...

Thanks PP and Steph for asking about me! Very, very unprepared and unexpected labor and delivery!

lulu, congratulations on team blue!! Have a smooth pelvic rest :D

Buttons, I've never heard of an ante-natal class! Is it supposed to make you cry and exhausted?

amc, wow, you are a trooper! I would be so stressed to hear a 10lbs baby!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Muff your little man is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations and what a trooper you were in labour!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Choro ante-natal classes are just educational classes you take before giving birth. Over here you can do them with your hospital for free or if you want you can do extra ones privately. Our hospital one is only two hours long and it only really deals with the hospital policies for when things go wrong so I chose to do this private one as it was over two days and it had more of a focus on what happens when all is going well. Plus one of those days was devoted entirely to teaching the Dads how to be useful in the delivery room, which I thought was a fabulous idea ;)) And no, they're not supposed to make you cry and exhausted, that was just me... the teacher did a guided meditation where you focussed on a time you felt like you were failing at something, and then you burned that memory and made new positive ones. I have a lot of baggage from a bad experience a few years ago and the meditation just brought it all back up to the surface. Everyone else in the room was happily meditating away while I sobbed my heart out. Poor DH, stuck with the wailer in the corner :oops: But better it happens now than in labour, right? 8)

sunnyd thank you for the compliment! And that is so sweet about your little girl and her perfect timing! :love: :love: :love:

AFM I am absolutely destroyed today... I'm just going to vent here for a second and get all this stuff off my chest...
* It is a warm day (very unusual here) and the heat is killing me. I shouldn't complain about the heat but I'm giving myself license...
* I slept terribly last night - woke up every 90 minutes so never really got into a good sleep groove...
* To make up for the not sleeping I let myself have a lie-in this morning then as I know I usually get a good two straight hours if I do that, but I had nightmares someone was trying to break into the apartment!
* I'm all achy from my pregnancy yoga class last night (this is actually a good complaint to have I guess)...
* I got a completely unsolicited 'helpful' email from a friend which has really rubbed me up the wrong way... and
* Right now I have to go and make an unpleasant work phone call I'd rather not have to make...

So yeah, basically, I'm just a big ol' whinge today ;))

How is everyone else doing? :wavey:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely ladies!

Welcome lulu! Sorry about the pelvic rest, I hope you and DH can come up with some ways to work through it. Do they think there's any chance of your placenta moving or is it pretty well set completely over the cervix?

Buttons I'm glad your class went well even if it was emotional for you. Sorry you had such a rough night, hope sleep is better tonight!

Mp, glad you had a good vacation! What a sweet gift from your grandmother! I've been so touched by the sweet handmade gifts we've received.

VL, enjoy your trip!

Amc, sorry the contractions keep bugging you. Yikes on the big baby! Will they induce early/do a csection if he continues this growth?

Hi Lizzy! Hope you are doing well, you're in the home stretch now!

MissRachel, I love that inspiration nursery, that was our initial inspiration as well! We ended up moving away from it a bit but kept the aqua walls. Can't wait to see pics of yours!

PetitePoire, we are almost there lady! Good for you for indulging with a haircut, I got a pedi last week and it was fabulous.

Thanks for checking in Missy! Hope life with your little man is wonderful!

PPM, you look fab. I um, still haven't packed my hospital bag. Yup. I moved the suitcase to our room a few weeks ago and have thrown in some items that I'm not using daily when I think about it, but yeah, nowhere near complete. We have a list so I figure it will be a good activity for early labor? I'm still using most of the stuff I want to put in there! No wonder baby girl hasn't been born yet, she thinks her parents are drastically unprepared. :lol: For me contractions feel like tightening all over my uterus.

Sunnyd, wow your little girl has some good timing! Glad you are doing well despite all the busyness!

Muffdog! Thanks for sharing Luca's birth story. He is so sweet! Hope you are feeling good mama!

Hi there Choro! Sorry to hear labor and delivery caught you so unprepared but hope life with your little man is making up for it. Can't wait to see some pics!

Hi to anyone in there I missed!

AFM, I'm 39w5 or 6d (due tomorrow or Friday). Hanging in there, baby has been on my sciatic nerve for about a week now which has definitely been trying, it's worse on the days I spend a lot of time slouched on the sofa so I'm trying to stay sitting on a big exercise ball most of the time. My midwife offered me my first internal at my weekly exam last night and I'm 2 cm, 50% effaced, so yay for some progress, but she was quick to caution it doesn't mean baby is coming any time soon, only thing it meant was that if we did get to the point of an induction it's a favorable starting place, but unless there's a reason won't schedule that until after 42 weeks. So still waiting! Working from home and grateful I have no reason to venture out into the triple digit heat we have here in Philly today and tomorrow! (Unless I'm in labor, then I guess I'll be glad to venture out :lol: ).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results