shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek Freke, you're such a trooper! If I understood it correctly, did the nurse pull your baby from your belly and pushed her from your vag at the same time? gah!!! Congratulations beautiful momma!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
choro72|1322281997|3068966 said:
Eeek Freke, you're such a trooper! If I understood it correctly, did the nurse pull your baby from your belly and pushed her from your vag at the same time? gah!!! Congratulations beautiful momma!
Lol. Well basically, yes. The nurse had to push her back up through the vag back into the uterus so the doctor could get her out through the incision. She basically vacuum packed herself into my pelvis. Which, even though I was under plenty of anesthetic, I could feel everything they were doing--it just didn't hurt.

Thanks everyone! We should be getting out of the hospital tomorrow (she would have been discharged today, but I wasn't, so she's stuck waiting for me to get out) and I'm looking forward to it, but also dreading it at the same time. Apparently c-sections come with a lot of requirements for aftercare.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1322286055|3068999 said:
choro72|1322281997|3068966 said:
Lol. Well basically, yes. The nurse had to push her back up through the vag back into the uterus so the doctor could get her out through the incision. She basically vacuum packed herself into my pelvis. Which, even though I was under plenty of anesthetic, I could feel everything they were doing--it just didn't hurt.

Thanks everyone! We should be getting out of the hospital tomorrow (she would have been discharged today, but I wasn't, so she's stuck waiting for me to get out) and I'm looking forward to it, but also dreading it at the same time. Apparently c-sections come with a lot of requirements for aftercare.

I've heard lots of delivery stories, but nothing like you just went through. You were SO brave and strong! Hope you get to go home tomorrow and get lots of TLC while you recover. Looking forward to lots of photos!

Lori

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy SAturday ladies!!

Freke, OMG what a beautiful baby! A looks GORGEOUS and wow, what a birth story. Hopefully recover will be less drama, nice and easy. And more pics of A please!!!!

MQ, so funny that Weston likes turkey! Awesome that your DH felt Weston kick!

Mimzy, your little M looks adorable!!!

PT, so glad A is doing so well. She looks like she's getting even bigger!

I'm in FL wiht family. Tomorrow is the family baby shower. We're driving to the West Coast of FL since MIL won't be able make the drive to the East Coast where my family is. So the whole group of us are driving over there for a family shower. It should be a good time. :)

That's all for me. I'l update everyone how the shower goes. :)

~LC (27W, 2D)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun, LC! Hope you get lots of cute things for baby!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
LC - Hope you had a great weekend and shower!

Belly pic contribution - 24 weeks! Feeling rather big right now, but we've just had Thanksgiving at three different households since Thursday. :wink2:
Baby%20Rose%2024%20Weeks.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies!!!

MQ, you look radiant! I hear what you're saying about feeling big. I feel totally round too.

My family shower was really great everyone! We had it at a seafood restaurant near my ILs. My family (and family friends) made the 3.5 hr drive to come, it was very special for DH and I. We felt very touched that everyone came. We had the shower near my ILs since my MIL wouldn't have been able to make the drive to the east coast of FL where my family lives. There was 23 of us total. We got some lucky envelopes from my family, and a few baby presents. Which is fantastic since we've done ZERO shopping for the baby. We had a great menu and ILs ordered some DELICIOUS cupcakes from a local bakery.

My cousin has a 2+ y.o. son who is now escaping from his crib, so we were offered his crib. We're going to take him up on the offer and keep the crib in my family's house and take the PnP to my ILs so the baby has somewhere to sleep when we go down to visit family.

I don't have a 27 wk belly pic, but there were a lot of pictures taken of me, so I'm sure I'll post one soon. I bought a mat dress for the shower. It actually looks quite pretty and is quite comfy so I'm glad I got it. Unfortunately it's short sleeves so if I ever wear it in Chicago, I"ll have to layer it with a sweater. I found it on Gilt for $40.

That's all for me.

Hope you other ladies are doing well and enjoying the weekend.

~LC (27w, 3d)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone looking for a BOB stroller? Just noticed Amazon has them at 15% off this week. I haven't price compared, but considering Amazon usually has very low prices, I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone was looking for one! :wavey:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, thanks, LV. We're going to be getting a BOB--I just went to Amazon to check out the sale, but I couldn't find it. Albeebaby has them for $322 right now (which I think is 15% off of Amazon's regular price), so I may hold off for a bit.

LC, your baby shower/seafood dinner sounds fantastic!! I'm so jealous that you've had your shower and now you can sort through the things you have and the things you still need. Are you doing another shower in Chicago or are you done with the showers?

MQ, you look radiant as usual. Three Thanksgivings? I think I could handle that! :)

How was everybody's Thanksgiving? Is anybody as depressed as I am to be back at work on a Monday after having so many days off?

AFM, D and I had our infant CPR class yesterday. If anybody else is taking it, I'm sure you'll be watching the American Heart Association video and it is hilariously cheesy. Next weekend is the Newborn Essentials class.

I intended to follow up on the childcare calls while I was off, but didn't. I really need to do that this week/weekend.

I did find out who my replacement was going to be at work while I'm off, so I can start getting her up to speed starting next week--that gives her a couple of months to shadow me before I leave. That makes me feel a little better.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL, We're doing an infant CPR class too, it'll be next month. We have our L&D class in a few weeks time, I think the same weekend you're doing your Newborn Basics class. I signed us up for 3 classes: L&D, Infant CPR and Newborn Basics. It's probably best that you're following up with the daycare places this week, as I'm sure last weekend with the holiday there wasn't a lot of people around to answer your questions. I think Bella started a thread with what questions to ask day care centers. I'm going to dig it up and bring the list of Q's to the day cares when we do a tour. DH and I will have to take a day off and tour all the schools because they only do tours during the week.

DH and I still have 2 more showers. The plan is mostly they'll just be regular parties and there just so happens to be a pregnant lady there. Not really feeling the whole SHOWER thing. But his friend's wife is planning one with his whole college gang in Jan, and then Sis and I will plan one with my friends in Chicago on Super Bowl Sunday. I want to do a Soup-er Bowl party. It'll be like a pot luck, everyone brings a soup and we eat soup and hang out. And there just so happens to be a pregnant lady attending. I've been wanting to do a Soup-er Bowl party for like a whole year, so I'm pretty excited about that. DH is down with it since he loves soup. I told my brother about it this weekend, and he was like, "Dude, you *can't* do it DURING the Super Bowl!" So maybe we'll start the Soup-er Bowl party about 2 hrs before the game.

~LC (27W, 4D)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there everyone - after such an extended break, I'm not even going to try to catch up, sorry! I'm just going to jump back in with a few remarks, an update, and a promise to be better about posting :))

NEL - I am not back at work today, as I spent the whole weekend sick! I thought I was on the mend yesterday, and woke up sicker than ever today. :(( I think I have bronchitis, so I have a doctor's appointment at 11! So my relaxing weekend was definitely spent mostly on the couch, but I don't feel all that rested as I haven't slept very well. Lucky that you know already who will be working while you are on leave... my department is a little screwy right now, and they keep hiring people for us only to end up using them in different departments, and we definitely don't have the extra hands at this point... not sure what they plan on doing, but I guess it's not my problem??!! We haven't signed up for infant CPR yet, but we did sign up for a weekend Childbirth Prep class and a Holistic Birth class, as well as our birthing center tour. It's starting to seem really real!!

LC - The shower sounds lovely! Looking like both of mine (DHs family, and my friends) will be in early to mid January... I'm supposed to have a list to my friend for invites early this week! And your two showers to come seem like they'll be a great time!!

Girls with babies - your girls are all too gorgeous.. I can't wait to meet mine!! :))

AFM...

Well, sick as a dog right now, but what kept me away before was being so darn busy! For a couple weeks there my social life seems to have exploded, but things are quieter now. We do however have parties both nights this weekend, Friday at a friend's place, and Saturday is my work holiday party. It's a drunk fest, so I expect to not have nearly as much fun as usual. ;)) They get every employee a hotel room though to ensure no one drives, so it's a fun night out regardless.

Madeline is a little more lively these days than she used to be, I definitely feel her more often and her kicks have more oomph! Not really psyched that I already have stretch marks, come on little one, you couldn't have given me a few more weeks?? Otherwise I normally feel pretty good!

I borderline failed my GD screening, though :(( I'm more angry than upset, as my numbers were largely normal, and I was barely over the limit for the blood draw I "failed". I know sluggish metabolism runs in my family and I am basically convinced I don't actually have GD, but I have to see the diabetes educator and start screening my blood sugar anyway. :angryfire: I am so mad! The one time in my life I didn't feel guilty about having the occasional treat when I would normally have denied myself, and now I can't have them at all! At least, not without feeling horrible. I just hope screening regularly proves out that I am fine, as I have none of the other indicators - I am only up 12 pounds so far, no swelling or bloating really, and I eat a pretty balanced diet in general anyway! So, we'll see I guess. A healthier more rigid diet won't hurt, it can only help, right? Even if I am super bitter about it? ;))

I think that's all I've got! Nothing too exciting happening here, just waiting for the Christmas holiday to arrive. My mom is coming into town the 18th, and my dad and brother follow on the 22nd... our first family Christmas in WI!! I can't wait. :)) We were supposed to get our tree Saturday but it was drizzly and I was sick, so we're hoping for better weather this coming Sunday. It'll feel so fun to have decorations up. :))

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the link works for me--thank you again, LV. They had a sale like this back in September (only the orange and blue strollers for $322), but that was when I was still thinking of getting the Vista. I'm going to keep price shopping, but I appreciate the link!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
15% off is great and REI has that for the BOBs too once or twice a year.

If you don't mind waiting ZOOLU has the BOB's 20-25% off a couple of times a year. I got mine when it was 20% off and then a month later they had 25% off. I signed up for cheapskate.com and they usually alert people to discounts on the BOBs.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
mimzy, I wouldn't mind a big baby, as long as I knew it ahead of time and could be prepared for a C-section. Reading Freke's experience with Aralia getting stuck is exactly what I would worry about. My MIL also scared me by telling me that my DH caused her partial temporary paralysis when he came out! That's when she said "no more kids". I'm glad Matilda is being such a nice baby so far!

PT, love the Ava pics - keep them coming! It is hard to tell that she's just barely 3 pounds in pictures, but it sounds like she is gaining more weight and getting stronger each day.

Freke, thanks for posting Aralia's (what a beautiful name!) birth story, and so soon too! She is absolutely adorable! I can't imagine having to go through what you went through - you are my hero! I'm sure my DH would freak out if he saw me "like that" too. So glad that everything turned out okay, and that you all got to go home quickly. Hope your recovery goes smoothly. More pics please!

MQ, great 24-week pic, and 3 Thanksgiving meals sounds like fun!

NEL, how did your GD screening go? I'd love to hear how the rest of your classes go, and what you thought about them, in terms of which ones were valuable, etc. Yay for getting a replacement named at work. I have yet to have that discussion with my manager, but it's still a bit early for me.

LC, sounds like you had a nice family shower. My sister is going to arrange something like that for me and my cousin who's 5 weeks ahead of me, after Christmas. That's the only time my sister will be in town, so she's doing it for her own selfish reasons, so she can participate. Those red envelopes do come in handy, especially if you don't know what all you need yet - and they take up less room in your luggage. ;)) Your Soup-er Bowl party idea is cute and sounds like fun!

Katy, so sorry you're sick - hope the doc can give you something to fix you up quickly! Sorry about the GD screening results. Was this the 3-hour test that you did, or just the first 1-hour one? Do they go immediately into the regular screening, versus waiting for the results of the 3-hour test? Either way, I hope your regular screening clears things up. Yay for your family coming into town soon!

AFM, I've started having some trouble finding a comfy position to get into for bed. I was tossing and turning so much last night and the night before - nothing feels right. I'm normally a sleep-on-my-back person, but I've been trying to stay on my sides, without much success. I'll even find myself rolled over more towards my belly at times, which is probably worse than being on my back! Ugh, I hope it doesn't just get worse as I get bigger. Anatomy scan on Wednesday!

(19w+3d)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
S&I, I'm a sleep on my back person too. My sister's coworker said his wife slept on her back her whole pregnancy and she's a doctor. So I don't freak out too much about sleeping on my back. However, I do notice I get KILLER calf cramps when I'm sleeping on my back, so I dunno if it's worth it. But my MIL said I should look into taking mineral supplements to help with the cramps, she used to teach pharmacology in med schools. But anyway, I did a quick search and they said some combo of potassium, magnesium and calcium. I'm going to get some supplements and take a few and see how it goes. I'll post it here.

ALso for side sleeping try putting a pillow between your knees. That helps make it a little more comfortable. I think Dreamer posted to try sleeping with your bottom leg straight-ish, your belly on the mattress or on a pillow and your top knee bent (90-ish degrees) and supported by a pillow. I find it more comfy to sleep on my right side than my left. I do find it weird what should I do with my arms, though....

NEL, I hope you find a Bob stroller at a good price. Still not sure what I'll use. I heard good things about the Vista, but I dunno, a part of me thinks having big tires would be better in the snow. But now we're getting a second car, maybe I don't need to be so snow sensitive....

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Like Katy I am too behind to catch up on everyone individually but wanted to say - Freke, Mimzy - congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful, bouncing girls! Hope you are recovering well and enjoying time with the new little people in your life.

I have been a very slack, bad PS-er!! My news... well, I am now 29+1 weeks and things are going well. I did my glucose challenge test last week and it was fine, which was a relief, but I am now frankly iron deficient which surprised me as my stores were really good at 12 weeks! Just goes to show the parasitic powers of the fetus :lol: Anyway, I'm now taking an iron supplement and trying very hard to remember it, I am a typical doctor-as-terrible-patient. My belly seems to accelerate in its growth every week and Dot's movements are now sometimes quite uncomfortable for me, especially when low down in the pelvis (read: bladder). I am getting loads of BH contractions but nothing out of the ordinary.

Cannot believe that I have just 2 1/2 months to go! We went to our antenatal class weekend before last and that was not too bad, a little boring in places and wasn't quite as practical and pragmatic as I would have liked, but we still gleaned some good insights from it. At the moment my "plan" for the birth is "Go to hospital. Have healthy baby. Stay healthy myself" but my tentative sub-plan is to go with nitrous for pain relief and see how I go, then to an epi if necessary and there's time. If I end up being induced, I will go with an epi from the beginning.

At our 28 week check-up Dot was breech and the obstetrician showed us how to "ballot" her head - it was hilarious! My husband took a very embarrassing (but admittedly amusing) video of me ballotting Dot's head and giggling repeatedly. He wants to show her later on. Poor bubby - she's probably all addled from having her head bounced between my hands! Since then she's been doing a LOT of manoeuvring around in there - this morning her head was on the side in the middle of my abdomen and then today it's up the top again. Since only 3% of bubs are breech at 37 weeks I'm not too worried. I suppose the worst that can happen is that she is one of those 3%, in which case she comes out the sunroof!

I have a 31 week and a 33 week appointment planned, then weekly from 35 weeks. Unless anything becomes out-of-the-ordinary, no further scans planned. In the back of my head I am thinking about requesting a 34 week scan but this is mostly just because I want to see her, not because anything in particular is worrying me :oops:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Pancake's post reminded me that all of us who were in the JBP thread together are now in the final trimester. It's unbelievable, isn't it? I just want to say that I've really enjoyed having a group of lovely ladies to talk about all things pregnancy with. Here's hoping our last weeks are comfortable and uneventful! :)

Pancake, I think the "Go to the hospital, have healthy baby" plan is perfect. I always think flexibility is key when it comes to something that may be largely out of your control (as Freke most recently demonstrated). I remember asking D if we should take the regular childbirth class, the natural childbirth chass or the c-section class and D said "Hmm, all of them?" Seriously, who knows how it could turn out!

So fun that Dot is continuing to be her active self, even if it means taking a few kicks to the bladder now and then--the fact that she's breech for now probably doesn't help in that regard!

LC, I'm a back sleeper as well and definitely notice the leg cramps. I move if I wake up and notice on my back, but who knows how often I sleep on my back without noticing. And I wouldn't sweat the stroller, you'll figure it out. It's not even like it's something you need right away. I bought a soft carrier with an infant insert, so if I don't have the stroller when I deliver, it would be fine.

You still have 2 showers to go, that's great in terms of stuff you'll get! And you'll have to let us know how the classes go. I'm actually looking forward to all of mine.

Katy, ugh, so sorry to hear that your GD test was borderline. What a pain in the butt, I assume you have to do the follow-up test? I'm also sorry that you're sick--I was sick last week and I have to say, being sick and pregnant is the WORST! The only thing I took was Tylenol and I even took that sparingly, so I felt like I was at the mercy of my cold. How are you feeling now? And I'm taking a natural childbirth class, too. How long is yours? Mine is 2 full days (normal childbirth class is only one full day). The only issue is that it's not offered until January, so I have to wait a bit.

S&I, my GD screening went well. I was a bit nervous because the sugary drink made me feel a bit jittery, but they called on Friday and said my results were normal, so no need to follow up.

I've been living on broken sleep for many weeks now, too, because I can't get comfy. I've decided it's our way of prepping for mommyhood. I did buy one of those body pillows and I sleep with one of my legs over it, so it's like having a pillow between the knees. It really does help, but it doesn't keep me from waking up multiple times a night. Plus I have to wrestle it a little if I'm switching sides. Still, I think it's worth the purchase--I think I got mine for $20 on Amazon. The biggest issue is keeping your husband from stealing it.

AFM, a homeless man told me today that he felt sorry for me because it looked like I was about to pop. And I have an entire trimester to go!

Nothing exciting happening here. Honestly, I was really worried about how the rods on my spine would affect this pregnancy. I was worried it would be really hard on my back, but so far I've been feeling really good. I know the most critical weeks are still ahead of me, but I'm encouraged by how comfortable I've been up to this point!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello pregnant ladies.

Jumping over here from the JBP thread. Feel like I'm joining a support group or something. "Hello, my name is ChinaCat, and I'm a preggo. It's been approximately 104 days since my last drink." ;))

I have a 2 year old son (27 months) and was around these boards for that pregnancy- before there was a JBP thread.

I'm 14w6d today, and have 176 days to go according to some pregnancy app on my phone.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
LC, thanks for the advice. I do try to stick a pillow between my knees when I'm on my side, but I always end up losing it some time throughout the night. :confused: Dreamer's side-sleep technique worked for me earlier, but now I seem to be putting more pressure on my growing belly or something. I also don't know where to put my arms! Hope you find a remedy for your cramps soon. I usually only get them if I haven't had enough water during the day. Good luck with figuring out which stroller you want.

pancake, my mom said I was breech close to the end, and her doctor had laying upside down to try to trick me into flipping over. I guess I was hard-headed. I ended up coming out the normal way, a few days past my due date. That's so awesome that you can feel Dot's head and other parts! Your birth plan sounds good to me!

NEL, the only baby-related purchase we've made so far is one of those body pillows, although the one I have seems to be a small version - almost bean-like in shape. My DH has already asked if he can have it after the baby is born! He hugs a regular pillow right now, and he'll sometimes end up with my "snuggler" as he calls it - he says it's a lot softer and more cushiony than his. I'm glad your spine is holding up and not causing you any pain or problems! Yay for passing your GD screening!

China, welcome! :wavey: I've been waiting for you and Missy to make your appearances over here. I'm jealous that you already have the sex of your baby in your hands. We find out tomorrow at our anatomy scan. We haven't bought a single baby item yet, so we're planning on getting a little something once we know what we're having.

AFM, today was our last day of open enrollment for 2012 benefits, and I made a last minute change to my health insurance. It'll no longer be free, but this higher plan has no deductible and a lower annual out-of-pocket maximum, so it makes more sense, since the hospital bill will push me over the max, come April. Did I tell you guys that I will just barely be reaching my deductible this year after tomorrow's ultrasound? :rolleyes:

(19w+4d)

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: I'm here! I'm waiting for my appointment tomorrow afternoon to get the results from my 24 hour urine collection. I'll get into details about that later! Also, just waiting to hear the heartbeat again tomorrow so I know everything is okay in there! DH is finally able to go with me so he'll get to hear it for the first time :razz:

So I will make my formal jump into this thread tomorrow :D

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!

I just got back from dinner with a friend. I'm SO FULL! Mostly because the food was tasty but also because the baby's now taking up digestive space. Anyone else noticing that as well??

S&I, I agree with you, the leg cramps are usually worse when I drink less water but sometimes they're just BAD. I didn't stop @ CVS, so I still need to pick up vitamins.

Missy, glad to see you poking in these parts. Hope your results come back OK. I have my glucose screening this coming Monday. I plan on hitting the gym for the rest of this week to get my metabolism all up again.

China, WELCOME! 14 wks! Hooray!!! You'll be having your anatomy scan soon!

NEL, funny my DH leaves my body pillow alone. He said it's kind of creepy because it's almost person sized. Ha ha. I'm glad everything has been pretty comfortable for you during the pregnancy. WOW! I can't believe we're all almost at our 3rd Tri!!! That's funny you've got people telling you that you look like you're about to pop. I've had a couple of my friends tell me I look tiny. Either way I think the baby will grow how he wants to grow, I'm not really letting what people perceive my size to be bother me. I guess it's easy to say that now though...

So today my boss asked me if I could fly out to PA for a training trip the week of Dec 12th. I'd be 30-ish weeks by then. He did give me an out since I'd be in my 3rd tri. I gracefully told him that air travel is getting difficult for me, and I'd rather not make the trip. So he's sending someone else.

Oh and my friend I had dinner with tonight, she's the sweetest! She gave me all her maternity clothes, a maternity coat AND her son's infant car seat!! Wow! So we've slowly stocking up on all the baby stuff we need. DH asked his coworker about a crib, but his son is still using it. The coworker suggested to ask their boss, that the boss has a nice crib that he's trying to get rid of. His coworker did say that he has other baby stuff that he could give us, so we'll probably take people up on that.

Have a good night everyone!

~LC (27W, 5D)

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
S&I- Waiting to hear about your gender scan!! :appl:

Missy- How did your appt go?

Lliang- That's awesome about the mat clothes and car seat! Jealous on the mat clothes. I have a bunch from last time but they are all summer. I so don't want to buy anything. I have to go to a black tie thing next week and am emailing everyone I know, even those across the country to avoid buying something. Car seat- make sure you check the expiration on it. I had no idea that they expire, but apparently they do.

AFM- 15 weeks today and while the nausea has mostly passed, now I get major headaches every day. Fun times. Luckily my doctor prescribed a little bit of caffeine for them, so I am enjoying a hot tea right now. ;))

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
China, thanks for the tip about the expiration. My friend had her baby in April last year, so the car seat is practically new. Our car is so old though I don't think I can use the "fancy" latches that is on the base, and I'll have to use the old seat belt method. We're going to get a new-to-us car (start shopping next week), so DH's car will hopefully have those fancy latch thing-ies. I basically dropped everything into the baby's room yesterday and haven't thought about it. The baby's room is a dumping ground right now (I feel so guilty!).
Hm, for the black tie thing, I hope you can find something from your friends. How far along will you be by then? I had a two layer (slip & overlay) dress that had an empress bustline for the overlay. I couldn't fit the slip, but I just bought a cheap buff colored slip and wore the overlay. Maybe you can try that??? Otherwise if you know anyone that has those "infinity dresses" maybe you can wear that instead. Of course you'll have to pair it with a sweater, if you're in a cold climate. Hot tea + cold winter = :)) I hope the headaches aren't too bad for you. Now that you mention headaches, I'm starting to get one, LOL!

Missy, how was your appt???

Pancake, Glad Dot's getting bigger and healthier and that you passed your glucose screening! I'm not that great about taking my vitamins either, I'm still taking prenatals mostly because I bought a BIG OL JAR and I want to use them up. I was 100% on taking HBC and now I have the DARNDEST time taking vitamins! Go figure. Ha ha! Right now I'm not feeling any kicks to my bladder, but definite pressure if I've been sitting for too long, like a 2 hr meeting... UGH!

Not much going on for me. I had a dentist appointment today and DH asked if the baby moved while I was in the dentist chair. Rationale: no one likes going to the dentist, if the baby moved, then movement = dislike. If the baby didn't move then movement = like. I told him the baby didn't move at all.

What else have people done to prep for the baby? DH and I assigned ourselves the task to do a super purge this weekend. I already did a pretty good purge of the baby's closet a few weeks ago. I now need to do a super purge of our storage unit and maybe some other storage/cabinets that we have. Next we'll have to buy a 2nd car (not looking forward to that). I started poking around the Cloth Diaper thread and I think I'm going to do a CD experiment. DH didn't say No, so I'll probably sign up for a trial. A lot of websites do trial periods anywhere between 2-4 wks. A few website also let you RENT newborn sized CD's which I'm pretty tempted to do since they say the NB sizes only fit for 3-4 months. Anyway, I'm not going to fill this thread with CD stuff, so I'll shut up now...

~LC (27W, 6D) Holy cow! 3rd Tri tomorrow!!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Posting from my phone, so I'll catch up properly later.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we're having a boy!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Yay S&I! You sound so excited! Are you going on a shopping spree now?

ETA:You should add yourself to the preggos in waiting list!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
S&I! Hooray for baby boys!!!! And I totally agree with Bobbin, you need to put yourself on the Preggo in Waiting list!

Bobbin, how are you doing friend?

~LC

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, stepping in over here for REAL this time! Just a quick introduction:

DH and I met in 2007, engaged and then bought our house in 2008, and married October 10, 2009 :D We decided this May that I'd stop my BC pills after the last pack and try for our first baby. So we officially started TTC in June this year. We found out I was pregnant on September 26th on day 52 of my cycle! I had just started temping that month so I wasn't too sure of my real O date. I had an early ultrasound and I was told I was 6 weeks 4 days along. So fast forward to now after not having many symptoms at all, up until about a week ago I could have been on that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show because other than no AF I haven't felt different! I just started to notice a minor "bump" hidden under my flab this week :lol:

I had elevated blood pressure at my first 2 appointments so they requested a 24 hour urine collection and blood test. I had my appointment yesterday and I got my results back! She said my creatine level was at a normal level for pregnancy, I believe she said 135 was my level. She said it is always elevated somewhat when you're pregnant so she was happy with the level. DH got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was 155bpm. She said it will vary between appointments (last one was 170) depending on my blood pressure and heartrate. Last appointment my blood pressure was high, so baby's heartrate was higher. This time my blood pressure was 136/80 (yay! it was 160/100 last time!) so she said 155 was a good heartrate for baby. My uterus size is measuring accurate too. So they're sticking with EDD of June 10th, so I am 12w4d today! My next appointment is December 29th for a monthly checkup. Then I go back at 20 weeks for an ultrasound where we can find out the gender if we choose too! Still undecided about it...

S&I - YAY for a boy!!! DH and I both want a boy!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
S&I|1322695608|3071862 said:
Posting from my phone, so I'll catch up properly later.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we're having a boy!

S&I, congratulations on your boy news! How exciting! How is it possible you are this far along already?

Hi to the rest of you!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
bobbin, thanks! We did stop by BRU after lunch yesterday to pick up a couple of little onesies - one with little footballs on it that says "Daddy's MVP" and one with a doggie that says "Mommy's Big Boy". A lot of the cute clothes were wintery, so I had to remind myself that Baby Boy isn't arriving until April. :lol: Are you going to find out? Your anatomy scan should be coming up soon too, right?

LC, thanks! I finally added myself to the list today. Awesome that your friend gave you all her maternity clothes, and a car seat. That's a huge score there! We haven't done any prep. I felt a little like a bad mommy-to-be when the NP asked if we had thought about classes or pediatricians yet, at our appointment yesterday. While browsing around at BRU, a worker there suggested the Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller/Car Seat, so I guess that's a start. I drove it around in circles for a while - seemed pretty sturdy.

Missy, welcome! :wavey: I'm glad your urine and blood test came back normal. Funny comment about that TLC show - every time I watched it, I would start wondering if I could be pregnant without knowing it, with the BFNs or still getting AF while pregnant, etc. Luckily, it didn't. :cheeky:

MP, thanks for stopping by! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? Even with all my nausea for the past 3-4 months, it still feels like I was POASing only a couple of weeks ago! I guess it goes faster after those critical first weeks when you have no idea what, if anything, is growing in there. I'm still following your story, and rooting for you silently!

AFM, I started freaking out a little bit at BRU yesterday, thinking that we had to decide about so many things to buy. My DH had to calm me down and say "You don't have to figure it all out today." My sister wants me to start a registry before she comes home in December though, since she's organizing an early family shower for me and my cousin. We also have to start thinking of boy names! Oh, and the first thing the NP said after finding out the gender was "so now you have to decide - circumcision or not". Gah!

(19w+6d)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results