shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
LV Your daughter is so adorable! Look at those big brown eyes! She is totally a Samantha, such a beautiful, classic name! We have got about halfway through the HBOTB book, but the video might be a quicker way through it :razz: I've heard good things :) I've been trying to walk as much as I can, but it's been really rainy the past few days and walking the mall is not a smart financial decision at this time! I'm doing my best to nap, but it's not something I usually do so I think I've only logged a total of 45 minutes in the past week :cheeky:

NEL Yep, we totally had the same dress :bigsmile: Congratulations on your baby girl. My mom got this book for me for our baby shower, and after reading a little about how you were nervous about having a girl it made me think of you http://www.amazon.com/Do-Princesses-Wear-Hiking-Boots/dp/0873588282. It's a really cute book!

Elle I know I said it earlier, but I hope you feel better! Because shingles is JUST what every 35+ week pregnant lady needs.

Skippy Thanks! I'm super excited, so happy I get to meet her soon! I'm really looking forward to getting the chance to raise a little girl :wacko:

PT Your little girl is so precious! Tiny, but she looks like a tough cookie :) Congratulations!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL, wow, the nursery looks pretty awesome! The crib looks fantastic, and I really like the prints. Is that the bureau you converted to a changing table? You totally have room for a glider and dresser, it looks GREAT! I'm with you, I kinda stalled on the daycare stuff too. One of my coworkers said to just ask parents in my neighborhood where they take their kids to daycare. He said a lot of parents are really helpful etc, especially if they see you're pregnant. OMG I know what you mean about not seeing body parts. My sister asks if I can see my toes, and the answer is only if I lean over. I'll be honest, waxing appts are now a need since I can't DIY anymore.

Parrot, wow, your little Ava looks so great!!! TBH she looks like she's doing FANTASTIC! Small, but look how healthy she looks! I'm sure she must be gaining weight and doing well. Are you trying to do breast milk for her?

Mimzy, sorry the weather's not cooperating for you. You're not in the Midwest by any chance are you? It's been raining in Chicago for like 3 days straight. Boooo! Anyway, I'm glad you have good things to say about HBOTB. I hear so many good things about it, I'll have to get the book/video myself now. :)

Had a midwife appt today. Everything's looking good. I asked her about my SI joint pain, she suggested a pregnancy belt and if that doesn't help preggo-PT (physical therapy). Next month is my last 4 wk appt, then I go to every 2 wks. I'm doing my glucose screen next month too.

I had a second furnace company come out today and HOORAY! I dont' have to replace my furnaces!!!! He did say I should have them checked every year before heating season in case there is a crack. I'll also buy some CO detectors and place them in the furnace closets too, just in case. Better safe than sorry.

~LC (24w, 6D)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
[quote="lliang_chi|1320896835|3058361"
Mimzy, sorry the weather's not cooperating for you. You're not in the Midwest by any chance are you? It's been raining in Chicago for like 3 days straight. Boooo! Anyway, I'm glad you have good things to say about HBOTB. I hear so many good things about it, I'll have to get the book/video myself now. :)

Had a midwife appt today. Everything's looking good. I asked her about my SI joint pain, she suggested a pregnancy belt and if that doesn't help preggo-PT (physical therapy). Next month is my last 4 wk appt, then I go to every 2 wks. I'm doing my glucose screen next month too.

~LC (24w, 6D)[/quote]

Thanks, I'm soaking up every ounce of sympathy right now, so I appreciate it. I actually walked to my OB appt this morning and when i left it was pretty sunny, started raining halfway there, and then by the time I was headed home it was snowing :-o I am most definitely in the midwest (grand rapids, mi) so it's pretty expected for this time of year!

Sorry you're having so much joint pain, have you thought about going to a doctor that does OMM/OMT? I saw one pre-pregnancy, but my OB was able to refer me to one that specialized in pregnant women and babies and she has been a total lifesaver with a lot of the pain that I've had during my pregnancy. I've done PT, chiropractors and OMM and it was by far the most effective for me!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy, what's OMM/OMT? I'm not familiar with that. Yeah it got freaking COLD yesterday! I was SHOCKED when I went out to walk the dog! Any new updates from your OB appt? Hopefully M will be make her debut soon. Come on out M!!! Everyone's having a ball out here :)

~LC (25wk today!)

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick fly by but I wanted to say

PT - What a beautiful little girl! It looks like she is going to be a tall one too. Take care of you two and post more pics and she continues to grow. We look forward to seeing you over in the NB thread when you get some time.

Elle - OMG, the shingles during pregnancy absolutely suck! I got them at about 30 weeks and had them on my left abdomen/rib area too. All I remember was how miserable, itchy and stingy I was. Hopefully your doc puts you on some meds and it clears up soon. Mine took about 2 weeks to clear up, so there is an end in sight. If you have any questions, just ask, otherwise take care sweetie!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, Elle, I wanted to mention, lemongrass bath is supposed to help with chicken pox. Maybe you can try something like that for shingles? Just a thought.

~LC

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
LC - it's osteopathic manipulative therapy. It's pretty much a cross between low velocity chiropractic work and massage but it's performed by a medical doctor (a D.O.) All DOs are trained in it, but not all practice routinely. I'm sure if you did a google search for one in your area you could find someone!

My appointment went okay - the NST was uneventful, baby's heart rate looks good. We set an induction date for Monday (going in Sunday night) so I have an end in sight. Honestly though, I feel pretty miserable. I have been looking forward to experiencing going into labor for 9 months, and the thought of it not happening is pretty heartbreaking. I know that I have a choice, but the pros just outweigh the cons. I just really hate the cons as well :(sad Plus, it means that we'll be in the hospital until Wednesday at least, meaning that my husband will only have thursday - sunday at home with us before going back to work, which sort of devastates me. I am angry at him for not negotiating more time off when he could have months ago. I am just sad at the whole situation :(

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Mimzy - good luck with your L & D! I can understand why you feel bummed and like the control has been taken from you, but ultimately your little girl will make her appearance and I think when you look back later this won't seem like such a big deal.

Elle - you poor thing! Hope you have adequate pain relief, shingles is horrible :( What are they telling you about contact risk for your newborn? Since you have shingles at all, you must have had chickenpox before, and therefore your baby should have passive acquired immunity at birth.

PT - wow, Ava looks amazing!!! Also looks like she is still going along very nicely there - so still on no respiratory support, just there for tube feeds? Hope she is gaining stacks of weight and that you and your husband are not finding the NNU experience too traumatic.

NEL - your nursery is SO gorgeous, that wall is absolutely STUNNING! I am so envious!

LC - solidarity on feeling big and round. It doesn't help that some people say things like, "Wow, it's HUGE! Are you sure there's just one in there??". Har har har. Funnily enough, I think maternity dressing in winter is actually easier - but then again, our winters are piddling by comparison with yours, so it's easy enough for me to say.

AFM, I am trucking along. I was doing consults in the NICU at work this week and it hit me whilst I was seeing an ex 24-weeker who was now 26 weeks corrected, that our Dot is actually older than that baby! Quite a strange experience when I think about it. Dot is getting bigger and stronger and as a consequence is now capable of nearly doubling me over in discomfort when she does a well-targeted kick in my bladder :rolleyes:

The nursery work is coming along. Stumps are done, we are just waiting on a quote for the floorboards and they should be done in the next fortnight or so. We have had one quote for aircon (going with a few split system wall-hung units as they told us it would probably cost $15K to rejig our ducted heating system to cool as well!!) and we're getting another quote on Wednesday. We've hired a gardener to come weekly for a few weeks, then monthly after that - just another bit of maintenance that I am relieved to be outsourcing. In terms of furniture, we are almost sorted - have now bought cot, bassinet (basic wooden frame, mesh sides, on wheels), dresser (matches cot and will double as change table) and pram (which should arrive this week!), and we have an armchair that I will use as a nursing chair to begin with and see how I go.

Shopping news... a couple of things have arrived from my little maternity mini-spree of about a fortnight ago. I received this Maternal America dress in black and a Bravado Body Silk seamless nursing bra a couple of days ago, and I LOVE both of them! The dress is SUPER flattering and easy to wear - runs big though, I was a size 4 pre-preg and the XS is definitely the right size for me. I will be able to wear it as a nursing dress as well as the fabric drapes very well (so it won't be too voluminous) and the neckline is perfect for nursing - can just be pulled aside. The tie looks good tied at the front (my preference) or back. I ordered the sleeveless version in navy from another website so that should be arriving soon. The bra is SO comfortable and whilst it's just slightly big on me now I think it should be perfect for the third tri and hopefully when I start nursing. I'm going to buy more of them once Dot arrives and I know how big I'm going to be, but I think it'll be my go-to bra!

I can't believe the 2nd tri is nearly over. I have just 93 days to go - and that's if we make it to our EDD!

(26w5d)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say, on a shopping note: a few other things I have been thinking about... considering splurging on a Storksak Elizabeth bag in tan for me (I would use it as a work bag afterwards, or if I ended up not using it as a baby bag). Have bought an Isoki change mat and a little foldable clutch thing (for holding a bottle, wipes, phone, nappies etc), both of which clip onto the stroller handles for quick trips. Thinking about which monitor to buy - think we are going to try and find a secondhand Babysense II monitor - and also wondering about buying a second-hand Medela Swing pump...

Sigh. $$$$$$!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT and Sarahbear....your babies are beautiful! Congratulations! PT, I hope your little Ava continues to do well and can go home soon!

Elle...you poor thing! I hope you'll be better soon!

NEL...love your nursery so far!

LV...your little girl is adorable!

Mimzy...glad you stopped in! My daughter and Freke are due the 18th and 20th, so this could be a busy week or so!

My daughter has everything done and now is just taking it day by day. She is still teaching and doing fine since getting over the kidney stones, thankfully! So I am hoping all the new babies coming this week or next arrive safely and uneventfully!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone, for your lovely comments and support. Ava is doing very well. She's up to 2lbs 14oz, and still no respiratory support (except for a back rub for the occasional bout of apnea). They're upping the amount of breast milk she receives every day, and decreasing the IV fluids. Hopefully she'll be on full (breast milk) feeds in a few days. She's been under the UV lamp on two separate occasions for jaundice, but they removed the lamp this morning, hopefully for the last time. We've tried "exploratory" breastfeeding, and she actually latched on today and sucked for a few minutes, so the nurses are encouraged. She is so sweet and feisty - DH and I are ridiculously in love. If all continues to go well, we may be able to bring her home in as few as 3-4 weeks.

smile.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh PT, Ava is just beautiful. I absolutely love the last pic of her smiling--that picture would make anybody's heart melt. She is such a little fighter and I'm encouraged that she's doing so well!! Yay for upping the breast milk and taking away the heat lamp for (hopefully) the last time! Keep the pics coming when you can, we love them!

DS, great news about your daughter, now that she's so close to her due date, I'm glad she does not have to deal with the stones!

Pancake, I'm sorry to hear about the high quote. I'm really hoping the quote you get on Wednesday is much more reasonable. Oh my gosh, it sounds like you have gotten a lot of shopping done! I think I can make it through the rest of my pregnancy with what I've got, but I'm slightly worried that my dresses might get tight in the last month or two. I guess we'll see! You did remind me about nursing bras, I need to invest in a couple of those...just not quite sure if the girls are done growing or not.

Mimzy, I'm thinking about you a ton today as I know your induction is scheduled for tomorrow and you're going in tonight. I'm sorry to hear your husband doesn't have more time off...sometimes I feel like men are not the best planners! Wishing you tons and tons of luck in the upcoming hours!

LC, I'm so glad you had that second furnace appt. I can imagine you were NOT pleased about having to spend an extra $9K right now on top of all the baby stuff and a second car. At least you no longer have to worry about the furnace!

Elle and Freke, I'm thinking of both of you! I hope your shingles are getting better, Elle, and Freke, your due date is literally right around the corner!

Bobbin, S&I, Katy, MQ and anybody I may have missed, I hope you're all having good weekends!

AFM, this morning has not been so great. I got a call from one of my clients as I was leaving the office at 6 on Friday asking if I could please help them out on Sunday. Even though it's not in scope, I agreed because I felt my hands were tied. I got an email this morning saying they'd need my help at 10, but Byron had a vet appt. at 10:20, so I told them I couldn't help then, but I'd be home by noon. Then they pushed back and said that they REALLY needed my help before noon. So I had to send my poor husband (who has a fever of a 101) to the vet alone with a 150 lb. paralyzed dog. I felt AWFUL and I'm so mad at my client right now...and lo and behold, there was a delay and they may not need my help until noon after all. I'm seething.

Other than that, the weekend has been very chore-heavy because we're getting the house and yard ready for winter. We did go pick up the antique dresser yesterday, though, so we did one baby-related thing!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
pancake Thank you! and I think you're right - ultimately I know that it won't be a big deal. I'm sure I'll get over the induction thing as soon as I hear her crying :love: just nervous I guess!

DS that's so exciting! good luck to your daughter! (and Freke of course :razz:)

NEL Thank you for thinking of me today - I am still nervous, but I read a bit more about inductions and I feel a little more prepared I guess. I also feel a little better knowing that the week afterwards is Thanksgiving, so Stefan will be home for half the week anyways :) and he thinks his boss might let him work from home a couple days a week starting out, so that is good too! That's really lame about your clients - hopefully it's a short day and you have the rest of it to relax and/or get your own business taken care of!

Today we are laying low - went to church and out to brunch with some friends, installed the carseat, finished up some last minute laundry and am waiting for the Lions game to come on :) Might try to sneak a nap in too, as, needless to say, I was too anxious to get much sleep last night! Not helping the emotional overload factor is the known fact that today is the last day with just my husband and I. Of course I'm excited that our family is growing, but we have had so much fun for the last three years and I'm scared I'm going to miss being able to give each other undivided attention and time. He is phenomenal and has been so supportive through everything, and I know that he is going to be a really hands on dad, so I'm not worried things are going to go downhill or anything, I'm just going to miss being able to spoil and be spoiled as much as we have been, you know? I know it's cliche, but everything is going to change so much! I like my life how it is! (I know, it's a little late to be having these thoughts now :cheeky: )

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PT, Ava sounds like she is doing amazing!!! She is such a beautiful baby!!! I love her happy smile; so sweet! Yay for taking her home in 4 weeks; that is incredible. :wavey:

Mimzy, can't wait to hear your birth story!

DS, glad your daughter is feeling better! Can't wait to see pics of your granddaughter! :wavey:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT, That is a beautiful photo of your little sweetie! I especially loved the photo you posted the other day of you and her together -- the love between mother and child -- it is a very special photo. :))

NEL, Your client sounds very needy!! Sorry you had to deal with that today. Uggh. I like your crib. I have the same one! I'll be interested to see how your nursery progresses! You've got great style!

Mimzy, :appl: So exciting! Nerve-wracking, I know! You'll do great! :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Back from our belated anniversary weekend. Ugh! I feel like I'm being pulled in different directions (time-wise) with work, my contract gig, the baby, planning etc.

Mimzy, thinking of you tonight! I'm sure everything will go ok and you'll forget all about the fretting and worrying once you have your little girl in your arms. I'm glad you DH will have some the time off during T-giving and crossing my fingers he'll be able to work from home a few days this week. Totally know what you mean about eveyrthign changing, but sounds like you guys are going to do great!

NEL, OMG I'd be seethng right now too. I hope your DH is feeling better. Sounds like you had a crazy Friday as well. More on mine later. Yes, very happy to hear we won't be dropping $9K for the furnaces. SO glad!!! No new car shopping yet but DH wants to get it done before the baby (obviously) so maybe in Dec we'll start shopping. The plus side is we have zero opinion or care about what kind of car we'll be getting. It's a strictly functional thing for us.

Parrot, Thanks for posting the pictures of Ava. I *LOVE* the smiley picture of your little girl! Hopefully she keeps up her fantastic progress! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to improve and she comes hoem with you soon! How are you doing? Are you all recovered, or getting there?

DS, thinking about your DD! Hopefully everything from here on out is smooth sailing.

Pancake, wow, you scored yourself some sweet deals. My friend said she's got a pump I can use, will buy new parts for it. So I'm planning on taking her up on that. Seriously on the "You're HUGE" comments?!?! Dude, some people!!! :nono: I'm super catty and I'd be like, "Wow, you're SO RUDE!" I haven't purchased anythign for nursing etc yet. I dunno, I think I'm going to wait until later to see how big my breasts get. I'm already "ample sized" so I don't want to buy twice if I get any bigger. I did buy "active" wear bra, not quite sports bras, but more the kind you can use for yoga instead of wearing regular bras. Theyre SO much more comfy and still quite supportive.

Freke, Hoping everything's going well for you. Are you down to 3 days in the office now? Hopefully! Take it easy!

Elle, sweetie how are you faring? Did you try the lemon grass baths? I hope you're doing OK. How's your little guy treating you? I hope he's doing well.

Looking forward to more birth stories and pictures from you guys!

AFM, the honeymoon weekend was totally relaxing. Woke up late, made breakfast, took a nap, played with the doggie, did some shopping (apple cider, chocolates etc) and just read and chilled out. Got a little sexy time too, which was really good for my ego too. And, we have a top 3 for names!!! I have a top two but DH likes a 3rd one, and I'm not totally against it, so we're at top 3. Name part in a sec.

My MARATHON Thursday work day. Got up to pee in the middle of the night and checked on the European team for deployment, this was about 2AM. Then again at 6AM, then again when I got into work. Then with the us Chicago folks during our whole business day. Didn't leave the office until 7PM. Got home, BS'd with SIs for an hour, then signed back in at 8PM. Stayed up until 12AM, finally went to bed at 1AM. Needless to say the Production deployment didn't go well. Got up middle of the night, 5:30AM, European team were able to do *some* stuff but still broken. I started up a little bit of work for us. Work up again at 9AM then worked with the Chicago team until 1PM! We were SUPPOSED to hit the road at 1PM latest. At 1PM I still haven't PACKED yet! So needless to say we got a late start. But work stuff was finally done at 5PM that day. UGH! Talk about stressful! The weekend was exactly what I needed.

Names! OK DH and I have a top 3 for first names. I wanted to ask you ladies for a little bit of advice too. So our top 3 names are: Ethan, William and Emory. Question for the group, we both have friends whose son is name Evan. My super great friend and his best man. So would it be similar to have two Evans and us having an Ethan? My friend's Evan will be 1 yr older than our son, DH's friend's Evan will be 2+ yrs older. The middle name is going to be James. DH's name. DH's dad's name sounds like "Jim" so it's kind of the whole Jim-James-sorta named after the dad kind of thing.

OK gonna meet up with sis now. Catch you guys soon

~LC (25 wks, 4D)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
LC - love the names! I don't think the Evan-Ethan thing is an issue. I love Ethan, it's a gorgeous name - and one of my besties has a 12-monther called Ethan so it sounds even nicer to my ears now! Re bras, the change in size thing is the reason I'm holding off buying more. But I think I could gain one strap size and another 1 1/2 cup sizes in the Bravado and it would still be fine. At the moment I am still wearing well-fitting "normal" underwire bras though. It is hard to part with the shaping and support! Your Thursday sounds like a nightmare, thank goodness that is over, ugh.

NEL - how is Byron doing? I would have been mega-disgruntled (read: toxic megacow) if I'd been screwed around like that, how frustrating. How does the dresser look with the other stuff? I am still so envious of that beautiful wood wall you have in your nursery. Sigh.

Mimzy - I'm sure PS is the last thing on your mind as I write this, but I hope everything is going well for you right now!!!

PT - that photo is just ridiculously cute. My hubby had a little chuckle over it too. So glad to hear things are going well - sounds like Ava is just, as we say in the trade, "feeding and growing"! Love the feeders and growers :)

DS2006 - good luck to your daughter!!

AFM, I have come down with a gross virus (tummy, sinuses, sore throat, aching) just as I start a fortnight of on-call at work. Ugh. I am as grumpy and whiney as can be, a total charmer let me tell you! My poor husband is just so lovely and tolerant and has just gone out in search of takeaway food I can eat for dinner which meets my "I'm sick" fussiness.

In other, less grumpy news, I have just arranged to buy a 2 month old Medela Swing pump with brand new spare parts and extra bottles etc for $100. Very pleased, as the new Swing retails for about $300 here (as with everything else, breast pumps are a rip-off here!). I really want this Bombol Bamboo bouncer and am trying to convince my husband that since he vetoed all of my big-ticket Euro/Scandinavian design desires (Leander cot, Stokke cot, Stokke change table, etc) that this would be a nice little compromise. Will let you know how I go!

I got a good scolding last night from a girlfriend. We were talking about what I'd already bought and she categorically told me NOT to buy any more stuff otherwise my friends wouldn't have anything to buy me for my shower! I didn't even realise there was going to BE a shower... :shock:

(27w)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! Finally checking in! Its been a looong time!

Pancake - Sorry you're not feeling well! Ugh!! Pregnant + Sick = MISERABLE. Glad you got a great deal on a pump! That's fantastic! And yes, make sure to leave stuff for your friends to buy, or you'll end up with a huge stock of NB clothes and blankets! :cheeky:

LC - So glad you had a great weekend! Sexy time is super important while you're not huge - makes you feel more connected, and like a woman, rather than an incubator! Glad you're working out the names!! Umm.. your Thursday sounds miserable. Jeez. Enjoy your time with your sister!

Mimzy - So happy to see you check in here, even though you'[re almost done! In fact, you might even have baby girl in your arms right now! I hope your induction is going smoothly! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

NEL - Ugghhhh! Sorry about the doggy/client situation. What a pain in the butt - your husband is such a trooper! Yay for picking up the dresser!! We did lawn work this weekend too - so I feel you on that. Why did I decide to get a house in a heavily treed area again? Leaves, you kill me!

PT - Little Ava is SO gorgeous!!! I'm so happy that she's doing so well, and I can't wait to hear news that you get the go-ahead to bring your little girl home! Congratulations!!!!

Freke - Glad you've gotten pretty much everything done!! It's so soon! Ahhh!!! The anxiety of waiting is worse than LIW! :cheeky:

Jcar - Hope you're hanging in there! You looked so cute in your picture on the site-that-shall-not-be-named! Sooon!

AFM - Thank you EVERYONE for all of your support and sympathy through Shingpocalypse. After my 7 day course of antivirals, they are definitely on their way out. I still have ONE really stubborn cluster that hurts, but for the most part, they have that "healing" itchiness, and the rash is getting smaller by the day. I'm confident that as long as LO stays in until near his due date, my rash should be completely gone. He's got about 2 weeks to hang out! Then its all systems go! 38 weeks today - and I think we're just finally READY. Few more things to throw in the hospital bag, and we're ready for show time. I can't believe this is all coming to an end. I'm super excited, a little sad, and a lot anxious. I can't wait to meet my son!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
pancake, that's funny that you mention your changing center of gravity affecting your pilates. I'm sort of a clumsy girl by nature (as in turning corners too early and ramming my body into walls), so it'll be interesting to see how I'll react to hitting my protruding belly into things. I think the ranitidine is working for me now. Either that, or my nausea has finally taken the hint to hit the road. I'm not sure if I should keep taking it twice a day, or just as needed, going forward. Yay for firming up your work plans. Awesome score on the Medela pump! My work has some sort of partnership with something called LifeWorks, and we basically can get Medela InStyle pump for $125, so I guess that's the one I'll end up ordering when the time comes. I don't even know if that's a good one :lol: Sorry you got sick, and hope you feel better soon! Does the scolding from your girlfriend mean that she'll be in charge of throwing you a shower? :Up_to_something:

LC, I love raw oysters too! Luckily, I haven't been craving them yet. I've been pretty extreme with my food intake, even knowing that some things are okay in small quantities. I just figure that I want to ensure that I'm doing everything in my power to provide a good environment for the baby. I may change my mind once I get past the viability milestones, but for now, that's where I'm at. So sorry that you had such a crappy Thursday at work, and also ended up working the entire Friday too! Glad you were able to finally escape for your belated honeymoon weekend though. Oh, and butt heat is pretty dang awesome - you'll love it! Yay for not having to replace the furnaces! I love the name Ethan, and don't think it'll be an issue with the other two Evans. I have two friends whose sons are named Ethan, and they're both adorable!

mimzy, hope your induction is going (went) smoothly today!

LV, I can't get over how cute Samantha is! You must be one proud mama!

NEL, your nursery is awesome - it looks like there's so much space, and I love the horse prints! Yay for putting together the crib so quickly. So sorry about your needy clients. I would have been so pissed if something like that happened to me.

PT, I'm so glad Ava is continuing to do well, and I love love love that last pic of her smiling!

DS, glad your daughter's kidney stones have passed, and that she's doing much better now. Not much longer!

Elle, so sorry about your Shingles, but I'm glad to hear that the antivirals are doing the job to get rid of them. You're so close!

AFM, my nausea/heartburn is still around, but not as intense, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I can't tell if it's as result of the ranitidine medicine, or if it's just going away on its own. I think I'll keep taking them twice a day as prescribed until I know for sure that I'm feeling better. 16 more days until the anatomy scan!

(17w+3d)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
S&I, The Madela Pump In Style is supposed to be great and is recommended in the Baby Bargains book. $125 is an amazing price, so I'm jealous you get that--I should look into those types of resources where I work, too, although I think HR would have brought them up when we had our maternity meeting. Anyway, I'm really glad the nausea and heartburn are starting to let up...I hope it's a sign of more relief to come!

Elle, the leaves are such a killer! The trees all looked so innocent and beautiful when we bought...in JUNE. Little did I know what was in store for us! I'm so glad to hear that your shingles are (mostly) gone! Hopefully the last couple weeks of your pregnancy will be as peaceful as possible. I can understand all of your emotions: the anxiety, sadness and excitement. I'm really excited for you to meet him, though!

Pancake, awesome score on the Swing! I need to start looking out for these types of options because I've budgeted a few hundred for a pump and I'd love to NOT spend that much if possible. I'm really sorry to hear that you've come down with a bug. Working while sick is the WORST, isn't it? Plus you're up and around and have to be "on". It's not like you can work from home, you know? And I had to laugh about your friend scolding you for buying so much. I've gotten the same lecture, but I mostly registered for things like a noise machine, humidifier, baby bath...the kind of things I don't mind waiting a bit to buy.

LC, a relaxing honeymoon weekend sounds sooooo amazing. Especially after your crazy marathon workday. You must have been so exhuasted and eager to unwind. I second everybody else in stating that Evan and Ethan are different and you have no need to worry. I also like William and Emory...and they all sound good with James. How exciting that you're making some progress on the name front!

LV, thanks for the compliment, but I feel I have very little style. I like old things. And simple things. And I tend to buy things I like without thinking about how they'd look together, haha.

Mimzy, continuing to think about you and am hoping everything went well!!!

AFM, all the breast pump talk has made me wonder if I should look into refurbished models. I'm planning to take a breastfeeding class in December, so maybe I should just ask the instructor about her opinion.

Speaking of classes, I feel like I have so many coming up. I think D and I will be taking the infant CPR class the weekend of Thanksgiving, then in December we're taking a newborn care class and I'll take a breastfeeding class. The actual childbirth class isn't until January, though I feel like that's really pushing it since I'm due in February. But they don't offer any in December...

I just found out that my family is hosting a baby "dinner" (because I keep refusing a shower) while I'm home for Christmas. It sounds very casual and low-key, so I'm happy about that.

I'm attaching a pic of the dresser we picked up on Saturday. it's from the 1930's, but the drawers have been well-waxed as they're all very smooth. I promise no more nursery pics--I think I'm going to take a little nursery break before ordering the mattress, bedding, glider, rug, etc. because I'm a little tired of nursery planning.

nursery2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! I enjoy reading all your updates as well! Love the dresser NEL! And LC, how great that you had the chance for a get away! S&I, my daughter really had heartburn, too, so I hope yours eases up soon! Pancake...yay for showers!!! Hope to hear news from Mimzy soon! Freke...how are you???

I don't think I ever told y'all this. After that crazy weekend with the kidney stones where her OB practice never had a dr. call her after she had called in to the nurse, and three visits to the hospital before they finally let her see a doctor, my daughter had had enough and she changed doctors (and hospital) the next week!!! Yes, with 4 weeks to go, she changed! She changed to a practice with 1 female doctor and 2 midwives rather than the mega practice she had been with where the doctors each only see you once or twice over the whole pregnancy. She felt good after the first visit to the new doctor that following week, and the doctor even called her the next day to see how she was feeling! Imagine that! She has friends who have used this new practice and are very happy. She just wanted a chance at a better birth situation than she had had with the kidney stone and decided changing doctors would give her the best opportunity for that.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DS, I remember you said your DD changed practices. I'm really glad she likes this one better. And it's good that her friends etc have good things to say about it. It already seems like the better choice with the follow up and attention. :)

NEL, the dresser looks fantastic! I love it! I think you'll need some vintage-y crystal sconce light fixtures too. OMG what an AWESOME nursery little Katie will have. OMG you're signed up for classes already? I haven't done that yet. I think I'll talk to DH and sign ourselves up. I"m so glad I have you ladies to keep me organized and in line :) Love the baby "dinner", we're doing a family baby "lunch" when we go down for Thanksgiving. :)

S&I, I really hope the nausea is kicked to the curb. With heartburn following soon too. I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope you can stop the medications soon. I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job keeping the baby baking and safe, so keep up the good work. But for sure miss the raw oysters and wine. It's kind of obvious but not helpful when friends see I'm not drinking or do the swish and spit. They say, "Yeah but you can have a sip/a glass once and while..." (mostly because they know I *love* wine). And yeah, I know that is the case. But why am I going to do that for just ho-hum wine? Like if it's totally OMFG this is what I want to drink on my last day on Earth, then y'know what, I'll take *that* as my free pass. But if it's just the whatever-wine, then why am I going to waste my free pass on whatever-wine? So it's kind of annoying that people say that. I just :rolleyes: and go along my merry way.

Elle, I'm so glad you're done with the meds and the Shingle is on the way out! Sounds like you're in good shape for your son's delivery. Hopefully he'll come right on time :) I totally hear ya on the mixed emotions, and totally normal and expected.

Pancake, I'll have to look into the Bravado brand if they have them in the States. A lot of my friends and the mommies on the preggo thread really like the Target brand nursing tops too, so I figure I'll pick those up as well. I'm so sorry you're sick! Ugh! How terrible. I really hope you feel better. It's difficult as it is just to be pregnant, but to have to work, be on your A-game, *while sick*, :errrr: Your DH sounds like he's realy taking care of you. How very sweet. I hope you get the bouncer you want. :) How sweet of your friend to worry about your shower already :)

Mimzy, I hope from you're snuggling with your sweet DD right now. Lots of recovery dust to you and hugs for your new baby.

Freke, if you keep up this radio silence, we're going to send out the troops to go looking for you! You can't keep us in suspense like this. I kid, I kid. But I hope everything is going well for you.

Katy, where are you lady? YOu have not posted pictures of your nursery yet! We want to see all the goodies your mom brought.

MQ, Krissie, Bobbin, hope you guys are doing well. :wavey:

AFM, thanks everyone on the input for the names. I definitely think Ethan is my front runner, so I'll see if DH will be OK with it. I hope so, he said he really likes it. But I think I'd be happy with any name. My husband was kind of hesitant about coming off as an a$$hole naming our son after him (middle name-wise), but he really likes the whole tradition of the "name passing." Who knows, it might end with our son, but we'll see. And I told him that middle names really "don't count" so he'll be fine.

I tasked DH to go asking around to his friends and coworkers about any cribs/baby stuff that they don't want anymore. He knows more people that are probably done with having kids so hopefully we can poach their stuff.

Posting my late 25wk picture.

~LC (25W, 4D)

LC_25Wks.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for asking about me DS! (And you too LC!)

I'm still hanging in there. I'm sure someone I know on FB will update you guys as soon as anything exciting happens. For now I'm just laying low and trying to take it as easy and stress free as possible, which, with work is almost impossible. Work has been really stressful - I'm still working only 4 days a week, but for some unknown reason they decided to schedule a TON of hearings (which = a TON of work for everyone in the office) within the past two weeks, which means that everyone is in overdrive. We normally have about 15 hearings scheduled and we have a fair bit of warning (1-6 months) but suddenly we have 55+ hearings scheduled with 25 days-2 months warning and everyone is panicking. It is suddenly the worst time possible for me to have to take time off.

So I've been lurking and trying my best to take it easy.

My boss actually said to me today "You know, you could potentially be looking at a Christmas baby. You could end up going 3-4 weeks past your due date!" Wishful thinking on your part lady! There is NO WAY I'd even consider going more than a week past!

I've been getting lots of comments about how great I'm doing, how happy I look, how little I complain. I think I've had a damn easy pregnancy so far and any discomfort I'm feeling could be so much worse (ahem, Elle with her shingles!) and I don't think I have anything to complain about!

39 weeks. If I had scheduled a c-section, it would have been today.

Sorry for the me-centric posts lately - I guess I need to whine somewhere!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! A Christmas baby???!!! She's lucky you didn't hit her! :lol:

Glad you're doing well, Freke! You have the closest date to my daughter so I am always thinking about how you're doing, too! Good luck over the next few days and please don't work too hard!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, OMG I totally would've hit her or plain out told her how stupid she is. YOu have so much more self control than I do. But I'm incorrigible that way :devil:

~LC

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it is 6:40am here and there is no one else to tell this early, so I am telling my PS friends first that my daughter and her husband are at the hospital! I was half asleep but I think he said she was at 6cm. So we should see our baby girl arrive today! :appl:

LC...sorry, I remember now that I posted that already about the dr. change! And you look so cute in the picture!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: How exciting!!!!! Lots of speedy and easy labor dust to your DD!!! I hope you all get to meet the newest family member very soon!!!!!

~LC (25w, 6D)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
DS - How exciting! Best wishes to your daughter for a smooth delivery. Little girls are amazing. :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DS, tons of luck to your daughter today!! So exciting!

Freke, I'm so sorry you're stressed with work, but it's good to hear you're hanging in there. Your boss is clearly in denial about not having you around soon! Oh well, it's going to be her problem and not yours when you're gone!

LC, you're looking fab at 25 weeks!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
DS - congratulations on the arrival of your grandbaby today! :appl:

PT - your pictures of Ava melted my heart. What a sweet little lady, hope you both are doing well.

NEL - love your nursery pictures! The green/black/white combo with the wood looks fab! Little K is going to be sleeping in style. I love the antique dresser the most, but I am a sucker for 30s style decor. I have not signed up for any classes yet. :oops: Should probably start getting on that! How is Byron doing? Was just thinking about you because my aunt and uncle with the Newf just brought home one of his littermates! I have TWO big Newfie cousins now. :bigsmile:

Freke - you sound positively swamped at work. Hope that things aren't too stressful as you prepare to welcome your little girl.

Elle - glad to hear the shingles are getting better - poor girl! Excited for your little one to make his grand entrance soon!

LC - looking good! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your special weekend. Love the name you have in mind, Ethan is a great boy's name. I am going to be shopping my coworkers' basements for baby gear too. ;))

S&I - hope you are feeling better! Having the anatomy scan to look forward to is a plus! 17 weeks already??? Wow.

pancake - sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon!

mimzy - Congrats on your new baby girl! :appl:

I know I am missing a few of you - I hope everyone is doing well!

AFM: Working/posting from home today because I had a bad tire problem with my car last night and couldn't get it serviced until this morning. I think pregnancy may be affecting some of my depth perception in low light - I've found two curbs in dark parking lots in the last month. :oops: Oops.

Weston had another good checkup on Monday. We're almost to 24 weeks now (new belly pic coming next week), and the next doctor visit will include a glucose test. I was able to hear a heartbeat after he stopped hiding behind my belly button - little stinker! I am feeling him moving around a lot more now. He had hiccups almost every day last week - funniest, most amazing sensation to feel this baby jumping around in my tummy. My husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last weekend and enjoyed a romantic dinner for three. ;-) I am getting anxious for him to start feeling Weston moving around - he is looking forward to it very much.

Both of our families are planning showers in late January/early February, and I have NOTHING done to get a nursery ready. School has been really busy and I haven't had the time to begin working on the room I have to move the stupid roommate into in order to start Weston's room. :rolleyes: Hoping to get going on that soon! One of my husband's coworkers just sent him home with three big boxes of baby stuff. Woo hoo, but I have nowhere to put anything!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results