shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Jas, I was so sorry to read of your loss! I hope your boys are giving you lots of TLC and that you are able to conceive again and carry to term very very soon. Hugs!

Basil, your nursery looks great!! I'm glad you made a decision about the shower at your DH's work that you're comfortable with. I think you did the right thing! Bummer about your heartburn - boo for indian food giving you such pain! I LOVE indian food but I'm sure it would give me bad HB too... something to look forward to, I guess. re: your hospital bag, I'd so DO bring a "going home" outfit for the baby. I didn't really think that through last time and she was in a terribly ill-fitting hand me down mismatched outfit and I felt like a bad mom. Also consider bringing an eye mask so that you can sleep a little during the day and at night (I found the hospital room was really bright even then). I didn't bring a computer with me last time and don't plan to do so this time either. hope this helps :))

skippy, thanks for the good luck wishes! I hope you and your boys are well!

lliang_chi, thanks for the dust! I hope you're feeling good and enjoying pregnancy so far!

NEL, I'm looking forward to seeing you here in this thread more regularly very soon! I hope your morning sickness is lessening!

Janine, I'm glad you had a nice time in MV! I haven't been there in years but love it! Good luck finding a name - I know it's not easy! I like the ones you're considering though :)) try not to stress about everything you need to get done before she gets here - you WILL get it all done and it will be fine. And try not to stress about the weight - I kind of think our bodies do what they need to when pregnant. You'll have the rest of your life to get the weight off!

jcarlylew, yay for girls! I'm so excited for you!!

modern, you look so great!! Youa re so smart to get the late work nights out of the way before the baby comes but I'm sure it's no easy being pregnant! I hope your hips feel better soon and you get some sleep!

charbie, it sounds like you're making great progress on the nursery! that's great!

dcg, the nursery looks great! Sorry you're dealing with lots of late pregnancy discomforts but your little girl will be here very soon! Hang in there :)

Sarahbear, yay for finding nursery bedding you love! post pics where you get it!

Dreamer, thanks for chiming in on what gave you a feeling you would go early! I had a totally emotional breakdown the other night and thought, maybe this is it!! but no luck... I hope your sweet boy get some gas relief soon. We miss you here but I'm excited to see you soon in the other thread shortly.

elle, you look wonderful! congrats on being half way there! I hope you're well

parrot tulips, so glad to have you here! congrats! I hope you find some great maternity clothes this weekend!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I'm trucking along at 36 weeks, 5 days. Feeling VERY uncomfortable and ready for the baby to get here already! I started wearing wrist braces to bed which helped the carpal tunnel a little at first but now I'm back to waking up non-stop at night. Just cannot get comfy... either I have to pee, BH conx wake me, or my hands/fingers hurt. It's so frustrating since I know I will get so little sleep once the baby's here. Also, my daughter has been a handful lately and I'm just hoping she gets whatever is making her a terror out of her system before the baby comes! I feel bad for my DH since I know he's tired of hearing me moan and groan about it all. Oh well. Only 2 more weeks..... hopefully they wont be too terrible!

Hope everyone is well!!

Mrs

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, time for catch up! :) It's been a while, so bear with me!

Charbie - You look SO cute in your 28.5 week picture! I'm behind, but I just wanted to tell you that! Love your bump! Good luck on the rest of the unpacking and settling into the house! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery when you start in on it! Looks like you've gotten some good deals already!

Dreamer - Congratulations on the BOY!! Sorry I'm so late to the game! So glad Ryder is doing wonderfully and that your labor went well! Such a cutie!!! He looks JUST. LIKE. HUNTER! Hilarious! :)

Kay - Sorry nursing wasn't going well at first, I hope the procedure makes this go more smoothly for you guys!

Diamondseeker - Congrats on a little granddaughter! How wonderful!

dcgator - Glad your DH will be home for good!! Always nice to have great appointments, and how exciting that you're moving to weeklies!! My how quickly things move! The nursery looks fantastic! I'm so excited to start on mine soon!!

Mrs - Sorry the last few weeks of pregnancy have been uncomfortable! I can imagine it really is a relief to have an exact countdown to baby! It'll all be over soon! :)

Maya - Glad your 1st tri tests came back normal! I hope you feel better soon! A prenatal massage sounds AMAZING right now, I've been looking into it but haven't booked yet! I also plan on getting around to yoga... yes, plan on! :razz: Anatomy scan is exciting! Do you have a clue whether its boy or girl?

basil - Getting close, lady! Glad you're feeling pretty good besides the heartburn! Sounds like you're keeping busy! I know i'm late to the party, but that whole baby after party is bizarre! I can't imagine any woman feeling up to that sort of gathering so quickly after baby arrives! Sounds like you're getting down to the wire, but you seem prepared! Not much longer now!

jas - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Heartbreaking. Please take care of yourself.

janine - Glad you had a great vacation! Good luck on deciding names! It's so tough! I totally hear you on the lemonade -its irresistable! Especially when you can't have a margarita!

modernsparkler - you look SO CUTE! Sorry about your hip pain! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

Sarahbear - Looks great! I love etsy - I can get lost in there looking at baby stuff for hours!

PT - Thank you! I'm sure you look fabulous as well! I would definitely blame twins! :)

NEL - You should just jump right in! It'll be nice to have you here! Can't wait for all of you JBPs to come over!

I think I got everyone! If not, I'm sorry, and I'm sure I'll catch you on the next round!!

AFM - As you know, I just hit 20 weeks yesterday. This is the week the cats are getting booted from their "bedroom" and then the nursery work starts. We need to wash down walls, get the carpet cleaned, and paint. My parents are visiting for a week and they'll be helping out a lot around the house. We SHOULD have the nursery set up in the next 2 weeks, except for the accessories. I'm so excited to start in on it. I teared up a little bit when I hung his tiny little clothes up in his closet the other day. I'm feeling great, minus heartburn, which is getting worse every day. Thinking of switching from all those tums, and starting on Zantac. And back pain. I have a 48 degree curve in my spine, so I have chronic back pain anyway, but the pregnancy is really making it miserable. I have no idea what i'll be like in 10-20 weeks from now. I have been trying to stretch a lot, and will start yoga, and possibly massage in the next few weeks. Its getting ridiculous - I can't walk for more than about 20-30 minutes without severe pain. Yup. This should be fun! :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm totally crashing the party over here again--I'm like a gopher who keeps poking its head into this thread. Anyway, Elle, your bump is adorable and I just had to say that I had no idea you had issues with your spine, too. I had severe scoliosis as a child and had Harrington rods attached to my spine when I was 12. I mentioned it in the JBP thread, but back issues are definitely on my mind! I wish you as painless of a pregnancy as is possible!

And :wavey: to all the other ladies over here! Okay, poking my head back out. For now.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1310069574|2964074 said:
DD: sounds like you are doing well! I hope I'm not early, if LO shows up 3 wks early we will have 2bdays and an anniversary on the same day/week!

That would be a busy week! And I don't want to scare you and Mrs but a newborn and a toddler is crazy town! Honestly, the newborn is by far the easier creature to manage. Mrs Hunter has been a maniac of late as well. He still insists on waking up around 5am, which is ungodly. Thank goodness for daycare. I don't know what I am going to do when DH goes back to work tomorrow. When Ryder has a good day and sleeps all is well. When he has a day like yesterday and wants to nurse 24 hours in a row and be held to sleep... this is me :errrr: Add a pinch of guilt about not enough time to spend with my older child and woo hoo, fun times ::)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer! I know you don't want to scare us, but you are a *little* bit, hehe. The good thing is you'll be able to tell us when it gets better so we can look forward to that when we are at the same point as you are now!! I can totally imagine the toddler being the tougher one.. DD is already acting up a bit. She might sense something or maybe it's just the 3s but she even tells me I can't talk to anyone else but her!! What on earth will happen when I'm actually watching a newborn round the clock, oh dear. I know in the long run it's for her best b/c my DD is a bit spoiled, but not looking forward to the stress of transition. Do you have anyone coming over to help when your DH goes back to work? Daycare seems like a great relief, may have to start looking into that preschool in Sept asap, lol.
Hang in there, if anyone can pull it all off, you can! We're all here for when you want to vent (and also so we can learn from you to ;)).

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
janinegirly|1310069574|2964074 said:
DD: sounds like you are doing well! I hope I'm not early, if LO shows up 3 wks early we will have 2bdays and an anniversary on the same day/week!

That would be a busy week! And I don't want to scare you and Mrs but a newborn and a toddler is crazy town! Honestly, the newborn is by far the easier creature to manage. Mrs Hunter has been a maniac of late as well. He still insists on waking up around 5am, which is ungodly. Thank goodness for daycare. I don't know what I am going to do when DH goes back to work tomorrow. When Ryder has a good day and sleeps all is well. When he has a day like yesterday and wants to nurse 24 hours in a row and be held to sleep... this is me :errrr: Add a pinch of guilt about not enough time to spend with my older child and woo hoo, fun times ::)

Dreamer, I'm not at all surprised to hear that Ryder is the easy one but I am sorry it's been so crazy for you!! The 5AM wake up is no fun! Sage has been sleeping a little longer the last couple of days but she's been struggling to fall asleep at night. Naps have been rough lately too.... I wish I could get her on a sleep schedule that's reasonably reliable before #2 gets here since she is so much more difficult when she's tired. We'll see. I'm so glad you decided to keep Hunter in daycare - I had thought it would be better to wait to get Sage in pre-school since I worried about germs and the new baby but now, I kinda wish I had started her already so that the newborn and I would have some alone time together. Oh well - you know what they say about hindsight Hang in there and keep us updated please :)) We'll be sending you good vibrations tomorrow when your DH is back at work!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hi preggos!
Sarah: that bedding is adorable! I cannot wait to see pictures and how it ties together. As for art....hmmm...what about some still-life nature shots, like a poppy flower picture in the same color as the pink? I bet you could find some cute stuff....on etsy of course :razz:

Basil: getting so close! Eeeee! How nice of your mom to get you nursing pjs. I have tons of nursing bras, but need to get some nursing tanks. Hope you find a cute going home outfit...Im sure with all the clothes you have, something will work out.

Janine: my to do list freaks me out all the time. That's great that you're feeling good still! Keep it up! I've come to accept my body is going to gain the weight it needs....and the occasional DQ blizzard (ok, weekly) isn't that bad, since my diet hasn't changed too much, and they say you need some extra calories while preggo anyways :)

Modern: any chance you can link the mobile :naughty: I can't find what you're talking about, but it sounds great! Hopefully you'll get the chance to post some pics, can't wait to see what you've put together!

Elle: the belly! Its so cute and I luuuuurve it! Thanks for the compliments on my bump. I took a new picture today, and im blown away by how much the belly grew in a month. Ummm, its kind of out of control and I feel like I look like I should give birth any moment....not in 9 weeks. Not.cool. pictures of the nursery will be forthcoming in a few weeks...my shower is at the end of the month and I hope I have items to put in it by then ;-)

Parrot:. Welcome to the 2nd tri! Im so excited for you and your twinies....so fun!

Mrs: booooo to DD acting out a bit. I've got no words of wisdom, but do offer virtual hugs! Youlll have a baby in your hands in no time....so excting!

And to this crazy talk about two LOs....eeeeeek!

AFM: well, as mentioned to elle, I feel as though im huge for 31 weeks. Baby has hit her growth spurt. Painting is done, I love the color. And we also put up a fan in the babies room....I don't know if I mentioned this before, but DH picked out the girliest little ceiling fan ever. It has a different color for each blade, and little flowers that hold the blades to the rest of the fan. He insisted we get this fan....and it is pretty cute....just so unnecessary....I have a feeling DH is already in for it....this little girl is going to have him so wrapped around her finger. She is so active, and im carrying her all in my ribs. I've started getting the shortness of breath thanks to my diaphragm getting pushed on....but im trying to remind myself to savor every littlle kick and moment of discomfort, bc this is such an amazing experience as a whole..

Oh....and my grandparents bought out stroller for us...we got a City Mini. Cannot wait for it to arrive! Yay!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my favorite preggo mamas,

I hope you all are doing well. So halfway through another week, yeah, because we are one day closer to the weekend. :bigsmile:

Lliang - Thanks for the nursery love. Yep, DH is home all is rolling along so far so good. How bout you? When are you going to "officially" join us over here?

Dreamer - You are naughty hun. If that is the case, I would heading in tomorrow, eek! :shock: I feel like we are getting there as far as getting stuff ready, but we are definitely not where we need to be yet. We are planning on doing our "big shop" next weekend and buying everything left on our registry that we need for the little one. Also, my DH is going away this weekend for the wedding of one of his best childhood friends, so Sophia needs to stay warm and cozy for at least another week or so, lol.

Charbie - Word on the king bed. I am loving it right now, plus I feel like the new bed supports me better, so my tushie is not hurting as much when I wake up in the morning. I do also love Etsy. it really is too hard not to go a bit overboard when buying there. Oh well, it's all for the baby right :naughty: That is super exciting about the new stroller, yeah for grandparents :bigsmile: As for the getting big part, I remember feeling big and thinking how in the world am I going to get bigger, and well, I am bigger now, lol. Just hang in there lady, only about 8 weeks left.

Sarahbear - Thanks for the nursery love. I have to say your bedding is just precious too. I :love: the bright colors and pattern. Unfortunately, I am not so great at the matching thing (hence the store bought bedset), but I'm sure the ladies on here can give you some great ideas.

Basil - So the GBS, definitely not horrible, but not pleasant either, esp the part where I warned the doc to be careful b/c of my H's and then he is like wow, can't really avoid them. Gee, thanks for that observation. :evil: I think the internal was MUCH more unpleasant. He finally just gave up after poking around and said I am presenting posterior or something and said they will try again tomorrow. The work thing is interesting. I just realized the other day that I had less than 15 word days left (now 12) and it kinda made me gitty. I'm not sure exactly what I am feeling, but I would say its close to a senior-itis type thing where I know "graduation" is close, and I just don't want to work, :cheeky: . Oh well, I do have a couple RFP's that I HAVE to finish before the end of the month, as well as get a jump on the quarterly reporting process, which will kick off on Friday, so that should keep me plenty busy. That's great news that you got the party moved back to a decent day. Yeah for DH stepping up. As for the packing list, I will get back to you on that one. At the birth class the other day, they had a really great list they gave us, but I need to look for it.

Janine - Indeed, we are getting warmer, almost into the teens now :o Thanks for the comments on the nursery. As for the getting ready part, I would say divide and conquer. It's so hard when you think of everything you have to do in one go, so just try to set little goals and tackle them one at a time. Although some things, like potty training, might be a ongoign task, lol. As for the weight thing, I know it sucks, but hopefully you will be able to get ris of it once the LO comes, especially when you are chasing after two babies, instead of one.

Modern - Congrats on the 35 week mark. You are almost at the 9 month mark too. Uh oh, one more on the watch list now, hehe.

Jcarly - Congrats on joining team Pink again. Sorry you didn't get your boy, but I guess your LO had some different plans, :cheeky: I'm sure it will be a ball making more cute clothes for her though. I like the underwater thing. I get pics of nemo and other brightly colored, pretty fish in there. Very cool.

Elle - You look too cute with your little baby bumb lady! Congrats on reaching the half way mark, its all down hill from here, =) Btw, it all goes really fast, especially the second half, so enjoy it! Thanks for the nursery love. I'm sure you will have a great time designing yours
too! Sorry the kitties are losing their space, but they better get used to it, right? Mine our not allowed in the baby's room unless we are in there, so hopefully they are getting used to the ground rules. I hope they are ok with the baby too, but I'm sure they will find somewhere to hide out if the crying gets to be too much, lol. Yeah, HB is fun, but I think you will appreciate the Zantac. There are a few of us that live on it. I am sorry about the spine issues too. Hopefully it won't get too bad, but at least you know it is only temporary.

Parrot - Congrats on jumping over to the big girl thread, we are soo excited to have you hear. Correct me if I am wrong, but you are having twins too, right? If so, double congrats :appl: Also, I wouldn't worry about the weight gain as much. Just think, double the babies, double the parts and weight associated with it. I am glad to hear that the ms has cleared up and hope it will be better from here out.

Mrs - Ah, I think late pregnancy is just not comfortable for anyone, so I'll deal with it for the few more weeks. But, ohh, you are so close lady! Only about a week and half left, so exciting! As for DD, I am sorry she is acting up, but maybe she is just feeling some excitement/anxiety too. Have you talked to her about it a lot, or is she talking about the new baby a lot. I would guess just reassure her as much as possible that everything will be ok and hopefully she will calm down a bit. Then again, maybe this is just a symptom of the terrible two's. Either way, hopefully it works it self out in the coming week.

AFM - Trucking along and will hit 37 weeks (aka full term) tomorrow. Gezz, where did this pregnancy go? Well I have my next doc appt tomorrow, and will meet with a new doc. I am kinda excited for the next 3 appts, as they are all with nice looking lady docs, but I will let you know how it goes. Btw, I had my first internal last week. Not fun at all, and really uncomfortable. So, not looking forward to that part of my appt tomorrow, but a necessary evil. Oh and while the guy doc was a bit more pleasant last week, he is still too condescending for me. The first doc I went to told me I would get a scan around 37 or 38 weeks to check Sophia's size and when I asked him about it, he is like, why? blah blah blah. Oh well, I am going to ask this new doc tomorrow and hopefully she won't be so dismissive. Otherwise, we are busy getting some clothes washed and making sure we are as ready as possible for the LO, should she decided to come early. DH has his money on Aug 1, and I say July 27/28ish. We shall see though. DH is actually heading out of town this weekend for the wedding of his best childhood friend (which I am bummed I have to miss) but I think my mom or sis will be up here with me while he is gone, just in case. On that note, we are going to pack bags and have our hospital directions and such ready to go. Oh, I almost forgot, DH and I took the Safe Baby class last week, and it was really cool. We did CPR and hiemlick (sp) on both infant and child dummies and did car seat installs and some other safety stuff. DH loved the hands on aspect and I think it is great to know those things, so I would reccomend it for everybody with a baby/child in the house. Sorry PSA over now. Anywho, I need to get back to working now. I hope everyone has a great week and please let us know if we have any movement on the baby front, esp Mrs and Basil :naughty:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Oh,, and I now have little stretch marks on my belly :(
one is around where I had a belly button piercing years ago, one is about an inch below it (and only 1/2 long) and one about an inch next to my belly button, about 1/2 inch long. Sad face.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1310570625|2968047 said:
Oh,, and I now have little stretch marks on my belly :(
one is around where I had a belly button piercing years ago, one is about an inch below it (and only 1/2 long) and one about an inch next to my belly button, about 1/2 inch long. Sad face.

Awww! I'm sorry Charbie! I know they're coming, but I'm sure I won't feel any better when they're actually here. I should just toss my 2 piece swimsuits now!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Still here - not going anywhere quickly!

Charbie - sorry about the stretch marks. I have them too but way down on my belly so I can't see them without a mirror at this point, so I just ignore them. Did your belly button pop? Mine hasn't yet and at this point not sure if it will.

DC - awesome on the countdown of work days! And yeay for not seeing the condescending doctor again. I didn't end up getting an internal my GBS visit or the visit after, which is just fine with me. I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Are you going to stop working if you go past your due date? I would like to but they don't have any patients scheduled or anything so I'm not exactly sure how that all works.

Elle - sorry about the back pain. Definitely give the Zantac a try. Don't know how people lived without it. I've been taking it since my morning sickness went away. Have fun with the nursery! That was one of my favorite parts so far.

Mrs - thanks for the input on the hospital bag. sorry you're still having problems with your hands and sleeping.

PT - welcome and congratulations!

Jcarly - congrats on a team pink! So funny you were convinced it was a boy!

Modern - is your call over yet?

Janie - yeah, the time does go by fast...but I'm sure you are more prepared than you think you are!

Anyway, hanging out at 37.5 weeks here. No nothing going on so I'm just going about life as usual. I've pretty much hit the "ready as I'll ever be" stage, which is not to say that I actually feel ready, just that I'm done with preparations. Crazily, I can't seem to wrap my head around the whole thing, cause I just today scheduled a surgery for 7/28 - 3 days before my due date! And I'm not quite sure what to do if I end up going earlier than that. But I just so don't expect that to happen so it seemed like the right thing to do. I'm getting relatively uncomfortable though...my new symptom is that if I eat too big of a dinner (i.e. a normal portion), I can't get the food to go down before I go to bed. So then I end up regurgitating food when I lie down which then makes me puke. Yeay, just like morning sickness again!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
dcgator -- heimlich on an infant? I didn't know you could do that? Other than that, so excited for you! BTW -- I love the name Sophia!

basil -- you too! Nearing the end! And I can't remember...are you having a boy or girl? Name?

I peek on this thread every now and again, but don't know where most people are at, so if you are coming up on your due date and I missed you, sorry!

RMFA

Rough_Rock
hello everyone!

Just joining in on this thread as it is time to "graduate" from the JBP thread! i am looking forward to experiencing this with all of you -- and also having such wonderful resources for questions and concerns.

A little bit about me --- I am 32, DH is 33. We were married in July 2006. Had some fertility issues with PCOS and thyroid issues. This is our first baby -- and we were successful (with multiple medications) on our first IUI cycle in April!

I am 12 weeks 1 day today and have been feeling great -- no morning sickness at all, just a few minor food aversions.

yesterday had my NT scan and got my blood work results. Got to see the baby for over an hour because it was being stubborn and not moving! It took forever to get all the measurements they needed. The baby was taking a nap curled up with it's back facing out. So, they got a lot of pictures of the spine and legs.....but then it would not move. After the sonogram tech pushing hard, jiggling my stomach, my going to the restroom, walking, coughing, drinking OJ -- it finally moved a bit so we could get a profile shot! My DH says we are in trouble -- the baby is already not listening to directions! The blood test came back good too. our Down syndrome risk and Trisomy 13/18 risks came back within range -- so not in the danger zone. Although, the Trisomy 13/18 risk came back higher than my age range ( I am 32 and the risk is the same as a 39 year old). The Down syndrome risk came back the same as a 25 year old!! so that is good news! I will have another blood screening at 16 weeks to confirm all is well, but I am feeling very positive! Also, no early gender predictions by our technician -- because the baby would not cooperate!

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to being an active participant on this thread. :bigsmile:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Elle: Congrats on the halfway mark! Cute little bump!

Parrot: Congrats and welcome to the 2nd trimester!

Mrs: I totally know how you feel about the discomfort at night! Ugh the insomnia is so awful! Hope you are hanging in there.

Charbie: I will post a pic at the bottom of the mobile. I couldn't find it online either but there were tons in the store. That is cute about your DH and the fan. My DH is totally smitten about his little girl too! I am trying to savor each movement too but it is so hard at this point because I am SO excited to meet her! My old belly button piercing is awful lookng too. I certainly wish I had listened to my mom when she told me not to get it!

DCG: Full term now, yay! Hope you get more appointments with the good docs you like. When you had your internal was there any dilation or progress?

Basil: I am almost done with nights... 3 more this week and I will be done with them! Sorry about the 3rd trimester morning sickness. I can't eat much at one sitting either but the weight keeps going up. Hope the LO is gaining most of it!

RMFA: Welcome! Congrats on a good outcome from your NT results. Hope the LO cooperates at the next scan.

AFM: 36 weeks today! I saw my doc today and I am already 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Hope that means the LO wont stay in for 4 more weeks. We are finishing getting stuff ready too, clothes washed and bags packed. I think we might even put the carseat in the car this weekend just to make sure it is in safely. Better now than when we are racing to the hospital.

Charbie: here are some pics of the butterfly stuff from pottery barn. More pics of the nursery to come

mobile small1.JPG

wall butterflies.JPG

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I hope the weekend it treating you all well. My mom is up here with me but we are on a bit of break while she does some work now so I thought I would check in with my preggo ladies.

Charbie - Ugh stretch marks. I didn't get any till about 2 weeks agao and I am so p*ssed. Almost got through it :twisted: Although now I guess there is something other than my shingles scars. Boo.

Basil - I did see a better doc, thank goodness. I also got another internal this appt, but it wasn't as bad because apprently my cervix is beginning to soften, so it didn't hurt as much. Right now I am planning on stopping work a few days before delivery, and I don't think I could work more, even if I didn't deliver. It's getting hard to sit all day and I am just uncomfortable, so I don't think working is the answer. If I go longer than my DD, then I will just keep myself busy with reading or errands or something. As for your new symptoms, I am so sorry, that sounds just awful. So, can I ask why you think you won't go early. For some reason, I am thinking I am going to go early. It could also be that she is dropping like a hot potato :naughty:

Lanie - Thanks for checking in lady. As for the heimlick, its not the same type as you would do on a kid of adult, but a modified version where you alternate back patting and respirations. It's interesting. Thanks for the name love. We are still trying to find a middle name though, lol.

RMFA - Welcome to the preggo thread! :wavey: We hope you will have a lovely and informative stay here. Congrats on getting preggo on your first IUI, that's awesome. I got preggo on my 2nd IUI, but I don't think there are anymore ART ladies in here right now. I know there are a couple in the barely preggo thread who should be making their way over soon though. That's great that you had a long peak at your LO. To funny about it not cooperating, but maybe you were interrupting it's nap time. I'm glad the Trisomy results came back well and I'm sure the other ones will be fine too.

Modern - Oh, I love the butterflies, how pretty. I can't wait to see more pics soon. Wow, already 50% effaced and starting to dialate, I think you might get the jump on Basil, Mrs and I. So exciting! Please let us know if you get any movement. More on my status to follow...

AFM - I had my weekly appt on Thursday and things are looking good. The strep test was negative, so one less worry there. The doc was also SUPER nice and said that the mean doc is going to be on vacation next week, so now I am kinda thinking Sophia arriving then wouldn't be a bad thing, hehe. She also said that my cervix is softening and that Sophia had decended down to a -2 station, so she is making progress :bigsmile: My braxton hicks are definitely on the upswing, and you can really see how she has dropped too. So I am hoping she comes a little bit early (although not quite yet, lol). Well, I am going to get back to some QT with mom now, so I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Basil - Per your request, here is the packing list(s) I have; one for Labor and Delivery, one for Post Partum, and one for baby:

L/D Bag
- Hair brush, elestics, etc.
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste
- Music player/Ipod
- Warm socks or comfy slippers
- Reading material, dvds, laptop and phone AND ALL Chargers
- Camera and batteries
- Chapstick
- Extra pillows (if you want them)
- Contact lense case and/or glasses
- Contact info for everyone you want to know you are in labor
- Bathing suit, if you want to get in the shower during labor
- ID cards, insurance cards, pediatrician info, etc

Post-Partum Bag
- Appropriate sleep apparel
- Flip flop or comfy shoes
- Robe or Cover-up
- Bras/panties
- Lounge pants/shirts
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.
- Deodorant, lotion, etc.

Baby's Bag
- Going home outfit
- Couple of blankets
- Hand mits
- Socks
- One or two onesies (if you don't want the baby in the standard issue ones)
- Baby album (if you want the footprint, etc)

Hopefully that helps!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the list, DC! I will have to go through that soon, I guess. That's awesome that Sophia is dropping! I guess I think I'll be late because I don't think my baby has dropped at all, and I wouldn't even know a BH contraction if it hit me on the head. Plus, my mom said that both my brother and I were 5+ days late, and so was my cousin's kid born 2 years ago. Anyway, how are you doing now?

Modern - can't wait to see the rest of your nursery - I love the butterflies! Tonight is my last night on call til January so hopefully it stays quiet...you must be so psyched to be almost done. Wow, already dilated and effaced - that's great!

RMFA - welcome! when will you be able to find out the gender?

Lanie - I am having a boy...we're not really sure on name yet but have 2 that we keep going back and forth between and one as a "backup". Someday I guess we'll be forced to make that decision.

Anyway, I got my first cervix check today. Wow, that was NOT comfortable. I thought it would be on the level of the regular yearly exam, but ouch! Anyway, she said my cervix was soft and fingertip dilated. So as far as I remember, that doesn't mean much here or there. But baby is measuring right along with a nice strong heartbeat, which is the important thing. Today is my birthday, but unless something dramatic happens in the next few hours, I guess the baby and I won't be sharing a birthday!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Has anyone heard from Blenheim lately? I was thinking today how I don't think she's posted in a while, so hope everything is ok.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Happy Birthday, Basil!! sorry the internal check was so uncomfy but that's exciting that you're making some progress. You made me laugh with your braxton hicks comment - be glad you don't get them! Even if they are normal for a lot of women (me included) they can be rather uncomfortable! I hope your last night on call is a quiet one and that you're feeling a little less puky

dcg, sounds like you're getting close! :appl: I'll send labor vibrations your way this week in the hopes that she comes soon!! re: my daughter, I have indeed been talking to her a lot about what to expect regarding the baby and I'm sure that's part of why she's been out of sorts. oh well.. I'd rather manage her expectations than have her life change dramatically without any warning.

modern, seems like you may go early too! very exciting!! The nursery pics you posted are great. nice work. :))

RMFA, welcome and congrats!! glad your NT scan went so well and that you're feeling good!

charbie, I feel your pain re: stretch marks! my belly is hideous now! I keep telling myself that they will fade over time.... yay for having gotten so much accomplished on the nursery and yay for the stroller! I've never tried that one but I have friends who really love the city mini.

janine, how are you doing? hope you're feeling well!

elle, how was your parent's visit? And how are the cats doing now that they've been booted? I'm sorry to hear about your back pain! I hope you find a way to manage it!

NEL, yay for a good u/s - hope you'll be posting here more now

hi to everyone else

AFM: I'm hanging in there. still uncomfortable but getting excited about the baby being here very soon! My DD has continued to act out and now her sleep patterns have started getting all wacky which is the last thing I need right now, but I'm trying to roll with it. Even on the days where she's a nightmare, she's also super sweet and loving (today at one point she was holding my face in her hands repeating, "I really love you very much! I really do!") so I'm trying to enjoy those moments since she and I will have much less alone time come next wednesday... I have my last dr's appointment tomorrow before the c-section which is exciting! My mom says I'm dropping (from what she can see over video chat) and I think I have a little but I really don't think he'll come early. We'll see.

Anyway, I hope you're all well!!
Mrs

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! Sorry its been awhile - work is busy, and i am usually to tired once i get home to do anything. at least i am finally cooking again, so no more Mac&cheese for dinner, ever.single.night. Poor husband.

Elle - hi again! Your bump is super cute!! One week apart is just crazy!! I have another friend who is due at the end of december, and my sisters best friend is due about two weeks after me. Eric and I joke that we're having turkey day at the hopsital!

MRS - if we dont see from you by next wednesday, good luck!!

DC- i know the list was for basil, but thank you for posting that! I know i will need it much later on :)

AFM - well, i had a pretty scary afternoon yesterday. the most important is that, for now, the baby and I are fine. But, i was HIT by a truck while walking in a parking lot yesterday. I am still shocked i didnt piss my pants. Poor Eric saw the whole thing happen, and he is convinced he will never get the image out of his head. I try to reassure him as soon as Emi (her name is emily today) is born, he will not relive the incident. Also fortunately enough, we were right across from the hospital, AND the truck driver hit my left side directly (think, t-bone) and i fell on my right side. Amazingly, my stomach and back were never hit. Needless to say though, we did go to the hospital to get checked out, and Emi only had the hiccups! We have another ultrasound tomorrow because she is measuring on the small side, so I will get another reassurance that she is okay.
So, little side note/PSA - Being preggo means you are also invisable in broad daylight. who knew?

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So quick update it looks like I am next! Water just broke this afternoon so we are getting checked into the hospital! We are a little early at 36 weeks and 4 days but she will be fine! And tomorrow is my moms birthday!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Yeay Modern! Good luck! And how awesome to share your mom's birthday.

Can I admit that I'm a little jealous? :mrgreen:

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Jcarlylew!! I am so glad you and Emily are okay!! Beautiful name, btw! How the heck did he not see you?!!

Modern, Best of luck to you momma! Wishing you a speedy, healthy and safe delivery!

Basil, haha. I am only 33w4d and I AM JEALOUS! haha. I by no means want to go now, I want little Liam to be as healthy as possible! And he sure isn't ready yet.. but still, I want my baby! :love:

AFM, Sorry I haven't been around. I am super exhausted lately and I just hurt. I had to go to the Dr's today because I have been swelling very badly. Legs and all. So Dr wanted to see me. My BP was high and so they had me lay on my left side to see if it'd go down; it did, thankfully. Dr says I have to take it easy as my body is telling me that I am doing "too much." Really? Cuz all I do is go to work and come home and lay down. That's too much? So anyway, he says if at my next appt I am showing any signs of bp issues, we will have to talk about bed rest. Ugh. I am hoping this was a fluke as I truly do not want to be on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy.

On a brighter note, had my baby shower sunday and it was awesome. So much cute stuff. The only thing that annoyed me was that I had a hard time with the registry when I did it and vowed to never do one again after this lol and hardly anyone bought off it! lol. So yeah, definitely never doing one again! haha.

That's about it for now... I hope everyone is doing well!! I'll post a 34 week shot on Friday or Saturday.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
modernsparkler|1311114891|2972542 said:
So quick update it looks like I am next! Water just broke this afternoon so we are getting checked into the hospital! We are a little early at 36 weeks and 4 days but she will be fine! And tomorrow is my moms birthday!
Yay MS! Good luc, and can't wait to hear all about it!
my moms bday is 2 weeks before my DD....maybe both of us will have little girls sharing grandmas bday!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies,

Sounds like we are about to kick off some exciting times around here!

Modern - YEAH for the LO making her arrival. :appl: I share the jealous sentiment with Basil, but wish you all the best! How cool that she will likely be born on your mom's b-day. :bigsmile: Hopefully you are already holding your LO. Please do post some pics or at least let us know the details when you get a chance. Congrats mama!

Basil - Happy belated birthday! :bigsmile: Sorry you and the LO won't be sharing a b-day, but now the LO will have it's own special day, so you can emjoy yours, hehe. You are too funny girl with the BH comment. Btw, BH don't necessarily hurt, but if you ever feel your tummy getting super tight, that is them. Only recently have I had some pain or menstral-like cramping with some of the BH, so you might be having them and not even realize it. ;-) I hear you on the cervical check, so not pleasant. But, my second one was not as bad as the first, so I am hoping that as your cervix continues to soften/open, they won't be as painful. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow though. I am also really hoping that the doc says she has continued to make progress. She has without a doubt dropped, and my lower belly has responded by getting a crapload of stretch marks on it. :knockout: Grr, I had gotten this far without them and I was really hoping to avoid them, but maybe they will go away :rolleyes:

Mrs - Thanks for the labor vibes. Still no movement yet, but we'll see what the doc says manana. As for DD, I think prepping her for the new addition is defintely better than a surprise, so don't feel like I was advising against it. I was just thinking that maybe DD is getting nervous/excited too, which is making her a little out of sorts. Hopefully once the LO gets here though she will realize that all is well and she will get back to a more normal routine. It would be hard to get upset with her when she is acting like such a sweetie pie, but enjoy those last few quiet moments before the new one arrives, lol. Good luck at your appt today, and let us know how it goes. You never know, the LO may have plans to arrive before your induction. :naughty:

Jcarly - OMG, that is insane that you got hit by a car, but I am so glad that you and the LO are ok! I sometimes have a fear about something like that, but it sounds like if you had to get hit, it got you in the best place possible (ie no tummy or back contact). Poor DH for having to watch the whole thing, I'm sure it was like being in a bad nightmare for him. Did he totally freak out at the driver, b/c I think my DH would have gone nuts (after making sure I was ok). I really hope the cops came too, just so you have that driver's info. I am glad they are keeping an eye on you, and please let us know how the scan goes.

IHA - Hey lady, glad to see you. As for the BP issues, you definitley don't want to mess around with that, so if your doc wants you on bed rest, then you just gotta roll with it. No need to stress Mr. Liam out, you know. Hopefully that means he will be a chill baby, :wink2: I am glad to hear that they are keeping a close watch on you though. Please do let us know how it goes at your next appt. That's great that you had a nice baby shower. Sorry for the issues with the registry. Can I ask which one you used? Either way, I'm sure you got lots of lovely stuff, and if it isn't right, you can always exchange it, right? Btw, I can't wait to see your new pic =)

Charbie - How are you hanging lady? Anything new with you?

AFM - I am still here and hanging low, lol. I have my doc appt tomorrow, so I am hoping for some good news, but we shall see. Otherwise, got my bags packed and planning my last big trip to BuyBuyBaby to finish out some registry items. I will update you all more tomorrow, but until then, keep baking mamas!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
yay modern!! I hope you're already holding your sweet little girl and that L&D were a breeze! Can't wait to hear how it went. Sending good vibrations your way!

Jcarley, so sorry to hear about your accident! How scary! Glad you and the baby are okay though! thanks for the good luck wishes.

basil, I hope you're feeling okay today. I totally feel you on being a little jealous of Modern... hang in there, hun!

iha, bummer about the swelling and BP concerns! I hope it resolves itself without bed rest! Glad you had a great shower though!!

dcg, let us know how your appointment goes today!

hi to everyone else!

AFM: my apt yesterday was fine. I'm up 30 lbs total which is great. I expected to gain as much as I did last time (38 lbs) but was hoping not to so I'm glad about that! My dr gave me a prescription for some pain killers that I need to fill this week in case I need them when I get home from the hospital and he gave me the paperwork that I'll need when I get admitted to the hospital. It definitely feels more real now.

Last night I went to see Bridesmaids with 2 girl friends and it was fun but kinda bittersweet since I know I wont be able to do things like that for a while starting next week! It's different this time since I've already experienced it all so I know more about what to expect. I'm really excited but I already miss the autonomy I've gotten back since I weaned my daughter...

Anyway, I hope you're all well!!

Mrs

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
modern - congrats! hope everything is going well and we get an update (with a pic :D ) soon!
DC- thank you! poor hubs broke down last night after talking about it. We decided you can never love someone too much (or enough) but to really be put through the test of that (ie, watching someone get hit) really just put him through the wringer. And then having the relief of hearing the heartbeat - whew! I have a feeling today's ultrasound appointment will be a little emotional as well.

IHA - apparently one of the super powers of being preggo is invisability :shock: it truely was an accident, and for all i know he could have sneezed right when he would have seen me. I am still wondering, how did i not see him? Sorry your BP is not doing awesome, but yay for a fun baby shower! I have been hearing/seeing on other birth boards that registries are almost pointless to do, since no one wants to follow them.

AFM - i have an appointment in 2 hours and 25 minutes (who's counting) to see our little girl again. As i mentioned in my response to DC, DH is really overwhelmed with seeing me get hit, but i have a feeling seeing our girl today will really help him through. As easy as it is for me to be okay with the accident, i know once i see her i will feel even more relieved.
Honestly, this cold is kicking my butt more than getting hit. or, it is just making it worse :???: I have resorted to taking tylenol cold rather than try to stick it out. If anything i need it for the pain reliever part. But i am going to bed at night with ice packs!
Also, we might have to move, and it might have to be back in with one of our parents. which isn't horrible (we get along with both sets great) but the idea of moving into a one bedroom location kills us both. but, rather have money for food and baby then be piss poor with a nice apartment!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Modern - Congratulations! Hoping everything is going well and you're holding your beautiful baby soon (if not now).

JCarly - Hope you're feeling better soon. What an awful scare! As for living with the parents...since you get along with both sets, it might be nice having some extra live-in help with a new baby, crowded as it may be. :) I can't imagine the stress of being a new parent, in addition to worrying about finances.

AFM, I'm feeling pretty good overall. I'm tired today, with a headache, which might explain my current fuzzy brain status. First, I forgot the paperwork I needed to get my second trimester blood work done, which I realized right after the hospital valet took off with my car. Second, I borrowed my father's minivan for the day, which I thought would be great practice for driving around a bigger car (I currently have a 2-door, which will not do with twins and a larger dog). Well, I didn't realize quite how wide the vehicle was, drove too close to a curb, and lost a rear hubcap. All this after I scoffed at my sister for accusing me of already having "preggo brain." :rolleyes:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Jcar, you and I share a due date, depending on the mood of my doctor. He switches back and forth between Nov 20 and Nov 21. :cheeky:

Either way, it'll be thanksgiving babies for us! And Elle too!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Freke - I didn't realize you and I were so close to delivery dates! There must of been something in the ol' LIW board :naughty:
Parrot - i feel you on fuzzy brain status. I am getting over a cold (thank goodness it has only lasted one day), but i was about to ask our front desk where the closest mail box was. Nevermind the fact that every day i get the mail and drop off mail for my department. :shock:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is able to stay as cool and comfortable as possible in the summer heat!!! We are going through a HEAT WAVE here in the midwest!

Modern: you've got to be holding your precious little girl right now...squeeee! can't wait to hear how the first few moments of mommyhood have been treating you, and i'm sure that little girl is lighting up your life! and you and i are totally on the same wavelength for nursery decor- those 3D butterflies are what i'm putting up as well- so so cute!

jcarly: double whammy with being hit by a truck and the cold! holy moly! i'm so glad you and your little lady are both doing ok. my husband had a terrible health scare a few weeks ago (hes much better now!) but i can sympathize with your husband- there's not much worse than seeing your other half going through something that can be life-threatening. especially when a baby is in the mix. are you feeling much movement yet?? i feel your pain on the cold- i had one for much of my second trimester, and it was the worst. hope you're on the mend!

Freke: that's kinda funny your doc switches your due date depending on the appointment. we discussed my due date one time, one time only, and that was at my 11 week u/s. and that was when i asked him what he thought my dd was. never again has it been mentioned.

PT: uggh. fuzzy brain. i don't THINK i've had much of it. a few times i've done dumb stuff...but that's par for the course for me. i've just been really ADD and easily distracted...again...kinda par for the course :cheeky: do you know what kind of car you're going to get? DH and i are looking to sell my corolla soon, and he will get a camry. i'll drive around his escape, much more baby friendly!

Mrs: wow this really is the time to tie up your loose ends- can't believe you're going to have your #2 so soon! i bet it feels like such a relief, and i'm sure you're ready to quit thinking about what's to come and just get this show on the road! the past two days i've run errands on my way home from work just spontaneously, and i've been thinking about how that's just not going to work come shortly. it is going to be very different for me to adjust to all of this...i'm getting a bit anxious about it all to be honest! i hope we like the city mini...it's reassuring that your friends have liked it. it got great reviews, and seemed to be a pretty good "all in one" type of stroller. i'll let you know how we like it in a few months!

dc: hope your appointment went well today! heck, maybe your doctor sent you over to L&D from the office!!! sorry about the late stretch marks. mine are getting a bit longer daily, though luckily they have stayed in the same 3 little spots. no new ones have sprouted yet. i laughed at the dropping like a hot potato comment...i'm looking forward to some droppage so i can BREATHE again! hope the time with your momma has been good- can you believe your own daughter one day is going to have the same love for you that you have for your mom?? i think about that sometimes....it's pretty awesome to imagine!

iha: eeek! hope your bp and swelling issues go down! i cant imagine that is any fun. i am also rapidly approaching the, "i'm uncomfortably pregnant so leave me the heck alone" point. i told DH to hold on, bc i'm sure the next few weeks are going to be quite the wild ride of misery. sorry you had registry issues...and that people didnt buy off the registry! i don't get what people dont understand about registries- if they want to spend their money, why not buy the things that you can really appreciate? i always buy off the registry- weddings, showers, whatever. my shower is next weekend, and i cant wait so that afterwards i can really start to feel comfortable about this little girl making her appearance.

RMFA: welcome and that's AWESOME news about the NT scan. you know, i've read everyone on the JBP thread talking about NT scans- that wasn't even brought up to me by my doc. maybe its because i'm only 27? either way, glad you got to spend some time staring at the little life in your belly! are you going to find out the sex? you've got a lot of company on this thread coming your way soon...so hopefully all of us griping about the last weeks of pregnancy and wanting to evict our tenants doesn't scare you too much! although i'd imagine winter deliveries might be at least a bit more comfortable since the heat isn't a factor.

elle: :wavey: hi friend. you keep up with me on the forbidden site and get to hear all my b*t%@:@ and moaning over there...hehe. i haven't worn a true bikini in about two years anyways...sigh. hope baby boy is rocking away- any big movements yet?

AFM: whew. it is HOT. 100*F this week, with heat index over 115. sick. you step outside and instantly sweat. which prompts everyone to ask, "wow, isn't it miserable to be pregnant in this heat?" or "wow if i'm this uncomfortable, i can't imagine how terrible you feel." geee. thanks a flippin lot. jerks. glad you can remind me how i'd love to just sit around naked and not move a damn muscle. as i mentioned before, shower is next weekend, so i'm really looking forward to that. it'll be great to have family around to see our new house, too! plus this little girl is getting restless in there. the constant swipes across the top of my belly (right under my boobs) are uncomfortable and give me the heeeeeby jeeeebies. i'm used to them now, but sometimes it just gets downright painful.
i've complained about my receptionist who is due a few days after me, but shes about driving me and everyone else in the office nuts. every day she has something else wrong with her, and she is honestly TRYING to get herself put on bedrest. not kidding- she comes in after each of her appointments in a sour mood that her doctor hasn't given her restrictions. and i dont get why...she complains about having no money, and how her husband still has no job, but does she not realize that she will NOT get paid if she is on bedrest?! and if she wants to take even MORE time off after the baby, she doesn't get paid for that either! sorry i've griped about her a lot- she just frustrates me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results