shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all size 5 Tiffany lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyday

Shiny_Rock
I was browsing on Ebay and came across this set of 4 Tiffany celebration rings (size 5). The auction ends in 20 hours or so. I wish I could bid for them myself, but my husband just paid for my reset and I don''t think he''d be pleased =P. (Although I am so tempted because they couldn''t seem more perfect!!!!) Ok, so someone needs to get this set! Good luck!!!

celebration2.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
If I had $5000 to spare, I''d totally get them!

18.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
LOVELY! I wish I had 5K to spare!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Man I hate my big fingers
39.gif
What a great set!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking about robbing a bank so I can buy them....
11.gif

I'd totally do it if it weren't for that pesky jail time!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Man, I wear a size 5 AND I literally live down the street from the seller''s town.

Unfortunately, I DO NOT have 5g''s to spare... I don''t even have $500 to spare!
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are stunning! How cool they come in one box.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cursing my big fingers
3.gif
Wow-they are beautiful!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I feel envy. I outgrew a size five Tiffany band...and I do love these...(humm could sell all these darned books for $5k lol)

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
This is actually the 3rd time the seller has listed these!

I''ve been following his sale for 3 months b/c I love these! The price went from 8,750-6,500-5,000.

He''s actually selling them for his son. Everything looks in order. I saw the letters, etc. We actually had lengthy email chats.

Unfortunately I already own the channel set band and have my heart set on the Swing ring (not in auction).

The auction just ended with no buyers. Would 2 channel set bands look strange on separate hands? They are exactly the same.

And I''m a size 5 on right hand. Hmmmm.....

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:42:58 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

I''ve been following his sale for 3 months b/c I love these! The price went from 8,750-6,500-5,000.

He''s actually selling them for his son. Everything looks in order. I saw the letters, etc. We actually had lengthy email chats.

Unfortunately I already own the channel set band and have my heart set on the Swing ring (not in auction).

The auction just ended with no buyers. Would 2 channel set bands look strange on separate hands? They are exactly the same.

NO!! I think they would look cool stacked together with another in between. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And come back with pics!
9.gif
27.gif
11.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:42:58 PM

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the info! It just seemed like such a steal at $5K for 4 Tiffany platinum diamond bands. If he lists again and it goes down even further, I''m going to have to twist my husband''s arm! Wanna split the set???

No, I don''t think you can ever have too many channel bands ... would you consider stacking them on the same hand? I wear 2 stacked with my ering (although one is sapphires and diamonds). Sometimes I switch them around and wear the stack without the ering on my right hand and wear my etoile on the left or visa versa ... IMHO, it wouldn''t look strange on separate hands
1.gif

Can''t wait to see if he''ll relist this!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Miscka & Happyday you guys are totally my co-dependent diamond babes
emwink.gif
enabling me to
push thorough the logic and commonsense and buy more diamonds, even duplicate diamonds!

Just Kidding - I think you are my best friends and yes, let''s split the 4 rings - I''ll take the alternating bubble and pave set bands.

Jeesh, it sucks that Tiffany bands cost so damn much I think his son spent like 12K for the set!

Why they didn''t buy an actually e-ring is the question. Seems like e-rings sell better on ebay for some reason.

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 1:30:26 PM
Hey Miscka & Happyday you guys are totally my co-dependent diamond babes
emwink.gif
enabling me to
push thorough the logic and commonsense and buy more diamonds, even duplicate diamonds!

Just Kidding - I think you are my best friends and yes, let''s split the 4 rings - I''ll take the alternating bubble and pave set bands.

Jeesh, it sucks that Tiffany bands cost so damn much I think his son spent like 12K for the set!

Why they didn''t buy an actually e-ring is the question. Seems like e-rings sell better on ebay for some reason.
Too funny!
My arm can also always be twisted when it comes to jewelry.

Background info: I used to work at T&Co before I became a SAHM, and my entire paycheck came in and straight back out on jewelry purchases every week. My husband could not believe it! I figured I''d never have a chance to get Tiffany at a discount again, so I went crazy with it! He made me promise I would''ve spend retail for it again ... so I moved on to Cartier and other!!!! (and Tiffany on ebay!!! HAHA).

Knowing how expensive these bands can be makes this all the more tempting!!!!

As far as the resale question, maybe it''s just the "brand recognition" thing. People don''t want to pay up if it''s not obviously Tiffany. Or maybe the sizing issue on eternity bands??

Who knows ... it''s all REAL PURTY to me!!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
So HappyDay you could be our Tiffany spy mole!

Sorry to hi-jack your own thread but how do people know they are indeed getting Tiff''s diamond (e-ring) when
buying on ebay if they don''t inspect and read the laser inscription on stone or find some other proof that the stone wasn''t swapped?

And would you post pics. of some of your treasures? Afterall this is SMTR.

Does Tiff''s change ownership easily when you purchase off ebay or signed pieces for example?

How would you get proof of new ownership on secondhand jewelry?

And how old is your little one? Mine''s almost 1 (Olivia).

So many questions.

I just love Tiffany''s. I know it''s overpriced and blah, blah, blah...

To quote Holly, "Nothing bad ever happens to you in Tiffany''s."

Except the price tag.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So now I have to ask...what kind of discounts do their SAs get? Maybe I need another job...

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i''m a size 5 (well, my ering is 4.75 and a little loose, but close enough!) and was soooo tempted by this auction - the only problem was the pesky 5K price tag!
39.gif

and the fact that i just had a custom ring made that looks very similar to the Jazz ring with alternating size bezels. if that one had been swapped out for the swing ring (i love that one too, lisa!) i may have cleaned out my bank account for these!!
27.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lisa -
Okay okay ... tons of questions, no time for answers ... yet.
First off, no offense to the thread-jack ... I suppose I prompted it!
emembarrassed.gif

Secondly, I''m crazy busy egg-dyeing (10 minutes of free time while eggs cool down) with the little-uns (4 and 6 now).
Stay tuned and I''ll answer what I can later!
Have a great weekend all!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a size 5.....but I don''t have $5k to spend! Waaaahhhh!
39.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are soooo pretty! I wear a size 5, but I don''t have 5K
39.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 1:03:03 PM
Author: happyday
Hi Lisa -
Okay okay ... tons of questions, no time for answers ... yet.
First off, no offense to the thread-jack ... I suppose I prompted it!
emembarrassed.gif

Secondly, I''m crazy busy egg-dyeing (10 minutes of free time while eggs cool down) with the little-uns (4 and 6 now).
Stay tuned and I''ll answer what I can later!
Have a great weekend all!

OK I''ll be patient........are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Guess that didn''t last long
9.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Boo... not that I have $5k laying around, but I never see my size anywhere
7.gif
(I'm a 4.25 on my right ring finger). Sometimes small fingers can be a curse...and to be in the quarter size... forget it
38.gif

I popped in to say I want to see happyday's pictures! That would be my problem too if I worked in a jewelry store, especially one were I liked all their stuff!

Pictures! Pictures!!! (aren't your little one's ready for a nap??
27.gif
)
9.gif

ETA: maybe I need to get my other finger's sized since I only know the size of my 2 ring fingers....

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Ok ...
kids are settled, eggs are dyed, husband is fed ...

You have been patient, but you are going to have to be even more patient if I can''t figure out how to post more than one pic at a time!!!!

Well here goes ...
I ran upstairs and took as many pictures as I could.
Not sure how they will all turn out, but you asked for pictures (and you wanted them fast) so it''s the best we''ve got
emsmilep.gif

smschllum.jpg

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Oops forgot to tell you ...
Thanks my fav piece - the Schlumberger 16 stone size 5

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Pearl earrings that I''ve worn maybe twice!

smpearl.jpg

happyday

Shiny_Rock
From left to right ... Peretti gold heart earrings, Etoile ball pendant with 6 diamonds, puffed heart pendant, Paloma Picasso loving hearts ring, Paloma Picasso triple hoop earring in gold and sterling. Gosh - I really don''t remember all the official names of these pieces...

smgoldset.jpg

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Maybe these are clearer ...

smgoldpendants.jpg

happyday

Shiny_Rock

smpaloma.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results