shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all shoe lovers...should I buy these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so torn about these Chie Mihara shoes. I love them, but the heel is kind of putting me off. What are your opinions? Does the heel look too orthopedic (not in a good way)? They're about $315 everywhere online and unfortunately they aren't at a store nearby so I can't see them in person. So I need some outside opinions from shoe lovers! What do you think?! Are they worth it?

chiebeauties.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better side view:

chiesideview.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 1:25:18 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
The question is..... do YOU like them?

Thats a good point if you love them and they are comfortable BUY them :)

The only thing I don''t like about them is that you can see the toe lines but again if you love them snap them up :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I think they''re cute, and personally, I think the "toe cleavage" is fun!

Does the online store have a returns policy? Because, if it does, then what have you got to lose, right? (Besides maybe a few dollars in return shipping costs... but if you really love the shoes, then maybe that''s a small gamble worth taking?)

Keep us posted!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
oh I love them but as stated befor do you love them? I love flats and paired with the right outfit they would be smashing!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love toe cleavage but I just gotta say those are ... interesting... :) Sorry, just not my style....But if you like them, that's all that matters. But i say don't spend that much money on such a trendy shoe...MMM has gone and got practical :)
I just can never spend a lot on shoes since I beat them to the ground.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be perfectly honest, I''m not too fond of them. It might just be me though as I prefer heels and spend hundreds on my shoes. If you like them go for it though. I have many pairs that my friends hate but I adored them so I got them.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Considering that they are expensive and you just have a pic to go by I would not get them.Personally I would prefer to buy shoes that I can try on first...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I do not think they look orthopaedic in the least--they are adorable! BUt what is the store''s return policy if you do not love them? The only time I would buy $$$ shoes online is if I were buying duplicates of a shoes already known to me.

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I''m in the same boat as MMM as I see those as "interesting." I''m not a fan of the little squares that run along vertically.

Also, the price is too high. . .I wouldn''t pay $315 for a pair of shoes unless I''d be wearing them 2-3X per week (but, I don''t wear expensive shoes, but will spend more for boots - up to $200. I must be cheap). . .Plus, since you''re posting about them as being a style you''re unsure of and asking us all, I''d say that is reason alone to search around for a different pair.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m usually a fan of that designer ... but not this design. I don''t think they''ll look good "in action" ... that "t" section will buckle as you walk & look awkward ... especially if you have size 8+ feet.

Think Mary Janes are a super cute idea though. The more flattering ones have the strap further forward -- to keep your leg line going & make folks appear taller. JMHO.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
normally i love chie mihara, but i prefer their heels. i don''t really care for this particular pair, and it''s not because of its heel. i feel like the square beads (marni-esque) don''t work, there''s too much going on. the toe-cleavage is fantastic, however! for that price, i think you can do much better.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Errrr... to quote YOU on an earlier shoe thread, "those are sick".

I love them!!! not sure how they''d look on your feet and obviously, at that price you should try them on or be able to return them. But I definitely think they are worth further investigation.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
As a former owner/wearer of high end shoes (think $500 20 years ago), I think they''re horrible! Sorry
20.gif
. As deco pointed out, the strap is too high on the foot to give a clean line. I don''t mind toe cleavage at all, but in my opinion it should be between the big toe and the next one.

I may have to eat my words, but I can''t think of anyone who could pull off that look.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the style (strap up the middle) that the celebs are sporting right now. I don''t like it on me, but it certainly is in fashion. I''m not fond of the heel on these, just thought it could be a little more special. If you can easily return them, give them a try. Do we ask for feet pic around here?
20.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I guess they''re either a love it or hate it pair of shoes! But I''m with you, IndyGal...they are sick!
9.gif

I do like them and I am dying for a black t-strap flat. I have a great pair of white t-strap flats that I wear pretty often. For some reason I''m just feeling indecisive about these! I think if I could see them in person I wouldn''t be able to resist, but something about them being online is keeping me from just buying them!

I know they''re pricey, but I have long narrow feet, and any shoe in a size 10 (that''s right-I own size 10/41 feet!) that''s under like $150 is always waaaay too wide for me. So I''ve pretty much stopped buying inexpensive shoes because they just don''t fit! Do you like my expensive shoe justification?
12.gif

Hmmm...I think I am going to order them. I can always return them if they don''t work out-I just hate doing that for some reason! Thanks for all your opinions-I do appreciate them, including the dissenters!

And if anyone has seen any other great black flats lately, feel free to tell me about them!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Friends don''t let friends drive drunk...you are obviously under the influence...

Girlfriend, GIVE ME THE KEYS!!!

DKS

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re not my style, and I wouldn''t buy them... but if I saw them in the store I''d think "WOW, I wish I had the wordrobe to wear those"... In other words: funky, and ''sick'' wardrobe.. with a fun personality to match. If that''s you AND they are comfortable (or have a good return policy)? I say GO FOR IT.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 1:14:51 AM
Author:thing2of2
I''m so torn about these Chie Mihara shoes. I love them, but the heel is kind of putting me off. What are your opinions? Does the heel look too orthopedic (not in a good way)? They''re about $315 everywhere online and unfortunately they aren''t at a store nearby so I can''t see them in person. So I need some outside opinions from shoe lovers! What do you think?! Are they worth it?

It''s not my intention to offend you ...but.... $315.00 for those? Shoes your significant other would hate to see you wear? Shoes that make you look like a grade school kid from the fifties? Really?

I think I saw Shirley Temple wear something like them in a movie. She wore a little smocked dress with puffed sleeves; what would you wear with those?

Again, I don''t mean to offend, but my first reaction is "WTH?"
11.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am a Mary Jane lover, whether they''re in style or not, and think these shoes are quite "sick" but not $315 worth. Then again, I''m frugal, my stomach turned when I forked out $100 for a pair of brown Mary Jane style Born''s over the weekend and hubby''s insistance. I only gave in because I wore my last pair out, have back problems and Born is one of the few brands I can wear all day long comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results