shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all pack rats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 4:50:23 AM
Author: strmrdr
Glad too see im not the only one.
I dread moving which is one reason iv stayed in this apartment so long LOL
Actually he is just waitin for me to come so I can clean it out for him - giggle
I was a packrat until we got engaged, and then I said ok sentiments have to go - I can''t take all this stuff halfway across the country and into a new one...sometimes, my mom benefits - sometimes when she isn''t looking then she ends up with a clean sweep too - gotta love that program - was what has helped me some....am afraid tho I might go back to it once I have a place with strm...yes dear, you have been warned - he will think I am a pack rat when he seems my craft stuff - lol - well then again - I have some already stored at his place - giggle :}

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I am a pack rat....its in the family...my dad is the instigator....I know I have some stuff I need to get rid of but i have gotten better....knowing that I have to move 1200 miles away to MD is helping... :)

But a word of caution to people that are going through some of their elderly parents things...
make sure you look hard at some of the newspapers and things for money...when my great grandma died they found hundreds and hundreds of $$ in different places. Sometimes that cash is worth more than the printed value. Also if something has a date stamp on it like keepsakes or furniture hire and appraiser to come through the house...you would be suprised to find out what something is worth.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 2:11:07 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
But a word of caution to people that are going through some of their elderly parents things...
make sure you look hard at some of the newspapers and things for money...when my great grandma died they found hundreds and hundreds of $$ in different places. Sometimes that cash is worth more than the printed value. Also if something has a date stamp on it like keepsakes or furniture hire and appraiser to come through the house...you would be suprised to find out what something is worth.
Alexis, that is what we are going through now. In a pile of 12 years of junk mail at aunt's house, my DH found money and also old geneology info, and sometimes there might be precious old family photos. So we can't just assume it's all just trash, and it takes so long to sort...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl that there are a bunch of packrats!
Im in good company!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results