- 2 pieces of bay leaves
- a small stick of cinnamon
- half teaspoon turmeric
- one teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- one teaspoon coriander powder
- one teasoon cumin powder
- red chilly powder (to taste), I'd suggest only 1/4 teaspoon to begin with

Directions:

- Chop onions, garlic and ginger into tiny pieces. Fry them in 2 teaspoons of oil till they're light brown
- Add the bay leaf and cinnamon stick and fry
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry the mixture until tomato dries up a bit
- Add spices
- Add peas and fry till they soften
- Add one cup of water and let it simmer for around 10 miuntes on low gas
- Then add paneer cubes (without frying)
- Simmer for another 10 minutes

Optional: Add half a teaspoon of dried fenugreek before you serve. It's called 'Kasuri Methi' in hindi, but it's rather difficult to find.

And enjoy!

If you'd like, you can add cream at the last stage. Authentic mattar paneer doesn't have any, but msot North American restaurants add some.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
mmm... kama thanks! I actually do have fenugeek. I live in a city where there's a big indian population. I get all my spices from there :)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks llang_chi and dragonfly411

I roasted a chicken in my dutch oven last night and that worked out great. Today, I am using the slow cooker to make chicken stock, it should be done in 1/2 hour. If it turns out, I will freeze and use it for recipes that call for chicken broth. I have the slow cooker in a back room so I can keep my cats out. Every now and than I test them and let them in. They throw a fit over the smell, and have approached the slow cooker, but the heat has been detouring them.

Mine is pretty low tech. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that I was not sure I would not like. If I find myself using it, I will get one that has an automatic timer built in.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, I make stock in my crocker all the time. I have a total low tech cooker, and I just an outlet timer (like what you use for a Christmas tree) and that works fine.

Anyone make anything super yummy this weekend? I haven't cooked much this weekend, had an out of town guest so lots of eating out. I think I'm going to try Kama's paneer recipe... Mmmm :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Salsa:

1 jalepeno (remove stem & seeds)
1 chipotle
1 clove garlic (peeled)
1/3 cup diced onion
handful of cilantro
splash (1/4 cup or so --- to taste) lime juice
1 can tomato paste (I use cento)
5 vine ripe tomatoes (or equivalent amount of romas) quartered

Toss jalepeno, garlic, onion, and chipotle in food processor and blend until few large chunks remain. Scrape sides. Add tomato paste, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until no large chunks remain. Add tomatoes. Pulse a few times until you get the consistancy you like.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1290396948|2775152 said:
Ltl, I make stock in my crocker all the time. I have a total low tech cooker, and I just an outlet timer (like what you use for a Christmas tree) and that works fine.

Anyone make anything super yummy this weekend? I haven't cooked much this weekend, had an out of town guest so lots of eating out. I think I'm going to try Kama's paneer recipe... Mmmm :)

I made French Style Chicken in a Dutch Oven. It was really good. I used the recipe below (the pictures made it so easy), and just modified by adding 1/2 cup of white wine before baking. It took me 1hr and 55 minutes to fully cook the bird, but so worth it. I din't do the eggplant b/c my husband is not a fan. But he loved the chicken.

http://www.thecookinghusband.com/fr...ven-with-sauteed-eggplant-and-roasted-garlic/

The stock is a little dilute. I know I am going to make the chicken again. So I will try to make the stock with a little less water next time to see if it comes out better.

Too Patient: Thanks for the Salsa recipe

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results