MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 10:47:12 AM
Author: SoontobeMrsB
Hand Shot
Ooh so pretty!!

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
I''m officially slobbering all over this thread. Bezels are the BEST! Something about them seems so attractive to me - so sleek. They can be very modern and crisp or quite vintage-looking and romantic. The also look like they are so much easier to wear than rings with prongs. I''m hoping to get the idea sunk into my boyfriend''s head that bezels are where it''s at!!!

All your rings are to die for!
30.gif

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
Also practical! I may end up wearing my .33 bezel ring more this winter than my new .88 prong set one, just because it''s so much easier to slip in and out of gloves. I have five kids, so I''m in and out of the house constantly, from picking up at school, to games, cello lessons... grocery store 3x/week...
26.gif

My daughter, a nursing student, has made up her mind to request a bezel e-ring when the time comes. I understand a lot of nurses wear them.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have this, but I wish I did!

r929_012Ww-1.jpg

tomboyjock

Rough_Rock
This is my bezel. My husband used my mothers diamond (.33 carat), which made this all more special for me. He suprised me with this. I do not have all the information on this. It does major sparkling all the time inside and outside. The wedding band is soldered to it to keep it lined up since it is flat on top. There are two tiny diamonds in the wedding band, (not sure if you can really see that) and it has an inscription "FOREVER 7-2-07". He did get it in bezel because I live an active lifestyle with training dogs and working around our home and he wanted me to keep it safe especially with the sentimental value of the diamond. You do not see very many of bezels in this area (Western KY), I have had a few compliments on it and only had it for a little over a week.

100_0654.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:26:29 PM
Author: iluvcarats
I don''t have this, but I wish I did!

Add me to that list please!

mjohnson

Rough_Rock
I was just proposed to last week in Hawaii. It''s a 1.12 carat round, F Color, SI1 partial-bezel set ring with channel set diamonds halfway down the band. To all those who say that bezel settings don''t shine as much as other settings because they''re partially covered: pfffft! This hurts people''s eyes in the sun :)

Dangit, the picture doesn''t do it justice, oh well.

MJring.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:10:12 PM
Author: mjohnson
I was just proposed to last week in Hawaii. It''s a 1.12 carat round, F Color, SI1 partial-bezel set ring with channel set diamonds halfway down the band. To all those who say that bezel settings don''t shine as much as other settings because they''re partially covered: pfffft! This hurts people''s eyes in the sun :)

It''s beautiful!
36.gif

jfan

Rough_Rock
Great thread! Here''s mine:

IMG_0386_1.JPG

jfan

Rough_Rock
oops...sorry it''s so big.

tomboyjock

Rough_Rock
mjohnson, that is a beautiful ring. It looks like one we saw at the jewelers after we had to go make an appointment for the appraisal. My husband pointed it out and said he considered it. It was beautiful. I liked it too. It would have been easier than mine to have an anniversary band etc with. I do not know what it is called, but mine is kind of shaped like a euro shank, but the flat part is on top and part of the design of the ring, and both the band and the engagement rings are that way. I guess I could always get another wedding band or engagement ring and stack them....but it wouldn''t be the same as a perfectly round.
Anyway, yours is beautiful. I have fallen in love with the bezel now. I love the fact they are unique too!

angeline

Ideal_Rock

mjohnson, please start a thread on your ring, it looks beautiful! I would love to see more pics and closer up and have more info!

Congrats on your engagement!

SoontobeMrsB

Rough_Rock
Jfan, your e-ring and band are GORGEOUS! If you don''t mind me asking, where did you get them?

jfan

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 8:07:51 AM
Jfan, your e-ring and band are GORGEOUS! If you don''t mind me asking, where did you get them?

Thanks so much, SoontobeMrsB!! I always doubt my choice because it''s not the "typical" ering... the ER setting is an antique from Antiquarius in Los Angeles - we had to size it down from a 12! The wedding band is from a local antique shop in LA also...it''s a repro and I think they sell similar styles at Fay Cullen.

I LOVE your ering, by the way - it''s such a perfect balance of a feminine, delicate yet substantial and blingy ring. Have you decided on a wedding band? I go back and forth on whether I should wear my ER alone since it is such a chunky ring, but I feel naked without my wedding band.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:24:57 PM
Author: jfan
Awesome set jfan! Do you have your own thread that I''ve missed?!

SoontobeMrsB

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t ever doubt that its amazing! Its really very striking! I''ve seen the bands like yours on Fay Cullen (where I got my e-ring) and was wondering if it was the same one...

We just went with a plain platinum band for my wedding ring...I had it curved to fit around my ring. I wanted something like yours, but was worried it would be too much/a straight band and curved ring would make me crazy. Does yours ever bother you? I told FI that I could always use the sapphire band as a RHR.... :)

jfan

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 10:48:41 AM
Author: arjunajane

Awesome set jfan! Do you have your own thread that I''ve missed?!

Thanks so much, arjunajane! I do have a thread from a long time ago but don''t know how to link it...maybe if you search my name it will come up?

jfan

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 10:51:39 AM
I wouldn''t ever doubt that its amazing! Its really very striking! I''ve seen the bands like yours on Fay Cullen (where I got my e-ring) and was wondering if it was the same one...

We just went with a plain platinum band for my wedding ring...I had it curved to fit around my ring. I wanted something like yours, but was worried it would be too much/a straight band and curved ring would make me crazy. Does yours ever bother you? I told FI that I could always use the sapphire band as a RHR.... :)

I was actually considering just getting a plain band to go with my ER but the wedding band hasn''t bothered me at all so far...I do like having the space between the rings. I like your idea that you could try a sapphire band and always use it as a RHR or to stack with your wedding band. Oh so many possibilities!
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 10:37:09 AM
Author: decolady
Here''s mine. It''s a 1.03 Fancy Yellow OEC..
I heart this ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

But seriously everyone''s rings are soooo gorgeous!

decolady

Rough_Rock
Awww thanks.. Kim Wheeling made it. It's my everyday ring
12.gif

I love all the other bezels.. and coti yours is just beyond words amazing
9.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 9:15:01 PM
Author: angeline

mjohnson, please start a thread on your ring, it looks beautiful! I would love to see more pics and closer up and have more info!

Congrats on your engagement!

YES YES PLEASE start a thread mjohnson!!!
30.gif

I would love to see more as well!!! It''s gorgeous!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 12:04:05 PM

Date: 10/29/2008 10:48:41 AM
Author: arjunajane

Great thread! Here's mine:
Awesome set jfan! Do you have your own thread that I've missed?!

Thanks so much, arjunajane! I do have a thread from a long time ago but don't know how to link it...maybe if you search my name it will come up?
Found it ! very pretty, loving the 8 prongs - and what long slender hands you have..

...envious....

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
here''s my brand new bargain blue topaz....

IMG_80351.jpg

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
handshot
30.gif

IMG_80221.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 10:46:35 AM
I love bezels! Here is mine. Fay Cullen 1.00ct OEC (G, SI1, eye clean) set in platinum with french cut sapphires and pave diamonds
I LOVE this! What do you plan to pair it with?

SoontobeMrsB

Rough_Rock
Thanks MC! For right now, I have a plain platinum band that we have had curved to fit the ring. I was not sure about how much I would like a straight band and a curved e-ring. However, after seeing Jfan''s set, I''m now toying with the idea of an eternity band like this from Fay Cullen to add in as a stacker....(is it too early to think of 1st anniversary gifts when you won''t be married for another 4 months? :) )

4454.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 10:09:31 AM
Author: waitingpatiently
handshot
30.gif
beautiful.

I love all these bezel settings. Gorgeous!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 5:36:15 PM
Thanks MC! For right now, I have a plain platinum band that we have had curved to fit the ring. I was not sure about how much I would like a straight band and a curved e-ring. However, after seeing Jfan''s set, I''m now toying with the idea of an eternity band like this from Fay Cullen to add in as a stacker....(is it too early to think of 1st anniversary gifts when you won''t be married for another 4 months? :) )
Never too early! And I love that band!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results