shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Asscher owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino,
Thanks a lot for burning me by not being up front about no longer stocking all the diamonds on your site.

mistervoo Im sorry about this.
I honestly didnt know that he was no longer stocking some of the diamonds on his site other than the aditional h&a search.
That is a change in policy that he kept quiet and is against something he has been using as a selling point for years.

mistervoo

Rough_Rock
strmrdr,
No problemo, it''s all a learning experience for me.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2004 2:15:30 PM
Author: Rhino

Do ya''ll think that what I am asking is unfair?
I''d appreciate any input ya''ll would share cause if there is a more effective and fair way of doing it I''m all ears.

GOG open days anyone ?
9.gif

Hm... do you think some would pay just for your demonstration of diamond technicals ? If the proportion of "just looking" potential buyers is high enough, this is really what these guys are paying for anyway, right ?

Antique shops do it... auction houses do this... and the next best place for anyone to learn diamond optics in a pop is GIA
11.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
asschers typically quite deep but i would look for one a little less so..........notice the girdle is thick as well--so your stone will look smaller than maybe you realize..............union is great

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
oh and you should look for an F or G vs2 and you will get much more stone....................please do not pay for a vvs2!

jollyjlr

Rough_Rock
I agree with your request for an insurance coverage ............ if an individual is serious in a stone and a vendor is willing to credit the cost to ship and insure the stones to the purchase price, then why would a potential buyer complain. And if they do ... are they serious about buying?

mistervoo

Rough_Rock
Jolly,
If i''m buying via internet I would agree with you. Shipping cost and insurance is something I would pay for. But I go into a store and request a to see a diamond a store says they have in stock, why should i pay to see it?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 9:25:30 AM
Author: mistervoo
Jolly,

If i''m buying via internet I would agree with you. Shipping cost and insurance is something I would pay for. But I go into a store and request a to see a diamond a store says they have in stock, why should i pay to see it?

Thats the $10000 question.
I agree 100%

Carey

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post, having been a ''lurker'' for quite long enough!
41.gif
But I''m an Asscher-lover (well, I love them the MOST but I love all diamonds!) and my hubby & I recently took the train to NYC just to see the diamond district. We saw a ton of Asscher-types in all the windows (probably just square emeralds, but that''s OK with me), and went in a few stores where many more were brought out for us to view. We are looking at 1.75 - 2 carat size, and saw some very nice ones - and of course I want 2 smaller Asscher-types for sidestones, so we looked at those, too. We told the jewelers that we weren''t buying just yet, be trying to educate ourselves for the purchase (within a year or so), and everyone was so nice! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results