shape
carat
color
clarity

California Coast New Years!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we drove to mendocino, which is a small coastal town about 4 hours north of us from where we are...for new years with some friends. i wasn't going to post pictures (well i was going to put a sunset one in the WWT thread since i mentioned it) but i got so many fun ones that came out pretty, i thought i'd make a little coast-loving thread for those who are craving some ocean views. enjoy!!

where we stayed, Sea Rock Inn, we loved it.

sea rock b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
our cute junior suite...tres cozy.

sea rock e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
view from our suite...beautiful. you could hear the waves crashing outside at night when the ocean was stormy.

sea rock c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
coastline shot from walking up to town from our inn. the weather was awesome, about 60 during the day and 40 at night.

mendo coastline.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops, picture didn't attach.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
a yummy blueberry cheese pastry that i had both mornings at mendocino bakery and cafe mmmm!

pastry mendo a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few pictures of an amazing sunset we caught one night, these were all taken in the space of about 15 minutes as the sky was deepening!

mendo sunset 2007 a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

mendo sunset 2007 b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the last two shots were taken with the camera on different settings, i love the blues in the first one. in person this was the most amazingly INTENSE sunset...the camera doesn''t even capture all the colors. this one is a bit granular as i was macro''ing in too much. but i love the colors.

mendo sunset 2007 c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful greenery along the road.

mendo feathers.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute little church we happened upon.

mendo church b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we weren''t sure if this was a house or what, but it was cool.

mendo barn.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
loved the sky in this shot...taken from main street in town.

mendo view town.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so incredibly envious! I was born in the Bay Area, and have always loved how beautiful the coastline is. Texas is just so - meh.

What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!

Cute room, too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
where we ended up ringing in the new year (one of mendo's 2 bars!) after an amazing 5 star dinner at cafe beaujolais...this place was really interesting!!! we were seriously overdressed. love the foggy glass hehee.

mendo nye b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
local beers...!

depot beer.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
our in-room old fashioned fireplace which greg had a heyday with, making huge fires that roasted us like little peanuts in our small room.

mendo fireplace.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
demolished dessert at one of the diner places we ate at for lunch, coconut cream pie!!

depot dessert.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last but not least, us on nye right after ringing in the new year with some drinkies. YAY for 2008. thanks for looking!!
(ps i noticed how you can see the chain on my pendant here but the pendant itself is being sneaky! i also have my earrings and jackets on, again, sneakily hiding!)

us nye small.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, your pictures are great!!! It reminded me of our trip to Carmel/Pacific Grove; we stayed at the Seven Gables Inn and the B&B was right on the water like that and our room had views of the ocean. Wow lovely sunset; ahhhhhh!!! The food looks delicious too; the bar looked fun!hehe Thanks for sharing and of course you and Greg look adorable.
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like great fun mara. thanks for sharing the pics!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, Mara. Looks like you and Greg had a blast, ya''ll are too cute
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, you take the best pictures!!!!!!!! Glad you and Greg had a wonderful time. Rick and I will have to go back to Mendocino, we love it there.

Linda

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures, Mara! I''ll have to post some of mine when I get home (I live in Santa Cruz, used to live in Monterey).

Stay dry, we''ve got some pretty intense rain and coastal flooding on the way!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures and views! Thanks for sharing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone, i love taking pictures as you all know, so i am particularly jazzed when i get good ones, and i have been yelp''ing a lot too so i take pictures of food almost everywhere we go now (to greg''s chagrin!!) too...hehee.

star sparkle...yeah i hear it''s starting to get crazy outside...it was pretty windy driving into work this morning. everyone is starting to prep for getting home not too late.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 3:02:31 PM
Author: Mara
thanks everyone, i love taking pictures as you all know, so i am particularly jazzed when i get good ones, and i have been yelp''ing a lot too so i take pictures of food almost everywhere we go now (to greg''s chagrin!!) too...hehee.

star sparkle...yeah i hear it''s starting to get crazy outside...it was pretty windy driving into work this morning. everyone is starting to prep for getting home not too late.

Yeah, and I have to go to San Jose today after work. I''m not sure that driving over Hwy 17 in this weather is really the smartest thing to do, but oh well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful scenary! You guys don''t look too bad either......
3.gif
9.gif
Great way to spend the New Year me thinks....

cheers--Sharon

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
GREAT photos!! Thanks for sharing
2.gif

We absolutely fell in love with Cali while we were there too, and it made us re-ask the same ol'' question "what in the DANG are doing living in Canada!!!"

31.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Mara those pictures are absolutely beautiful. I think I''m going to use the first sunset one as a screensaver if you wouldn''t mind!

BTW: So sad the bling was hiding
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results