shape
carat
color
clarity

California…

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2::cry2: No surprise here it is almost impossible to beat any D in Ca.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOO HAPPY!
Not if you live here!...seeing so many homeless people living under the freeway + so many crimes, high state tax, high gas prices, high food prices, high housing prices. The golden state is no more! :(sad

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arnold Schwarzenegger would beg to differ ;))
(But yeah, although he won re-election in 2006 with 55.9% of the electorate voting for him -- thereby beating the Democratic candidate by a hefty 17 percentage points, his last year as a Republican Governor was 2010 because he couldn't run again owing to the term limits in California's Constitution.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a good (D) Governor Brown before this idiot came along. I had always liked Brown since he became our Governor for first time in 1975. He used to drive himself around town in a Dodge Swinger. He doesn't waste taxpayer's money on himself.

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nonsense.

Kevin McCarthy, Darrel Isa, Devin Nunez… to name just a few. And probably most county sheriffs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nonsense.

Kevin McCarthy, Darrel Isa, Devin Nunez… to name just a few. And probably most county sheriffs.

VR, I bumped into our Mayor a few times and he didn't like what I had to say about him. :bigsmile:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe you’re too young to remember Ronald Reagan’s solid victory over incumbent , Democrat Edmund Brown. Reagan was governor of California from 1967-1975.

ETA. Apologies if this is considered a political post.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Not if you live here!...seeing so many homeless people living under the freeway + so many crimes, high state tax, high gas prices, high food prices, high housing prices. The golden state is no more! :(sad

Republicans complain about the homeless and crime but want to cut every social program that can help. They want the police to push them out to another neighborhood or state.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well, wasting $276+ million on a failed recall that clearly wasn't supported wasn't exactly bring fiscally responsible, nor was it a "conservative" move. We could have done so much with that money! Seriously, the regular election is next year!

Time to change our constitution to make the recall threshold higher than a measly 12% of previous voters, plus have the Lt. Governor be the successor. Given the huge field of candidates we could have had someone with 5% of the votes!

Crime is not high here overall. Sales tax is high, but the property tax rate is lower than most states. States have to get their money somewhere! Gas and housing prices are partly due to supply and demand, but we also have emissions regulations thank goodness. We are average for food prices. Living here is more expensive than most other states, but places like Arkansas and Mississippi are cheaper for a reason.

The homeless problem is more complex than just "get rid of it." They need affordable housing, jobs, and some need mental health services. Again, the money has to come from somewhere. Also, we don't have the infrastructure to keep building housing. Water is a huge problem impacting building more homes. The minimum wage is a joke and let's face it, people in low-paying jobs are ridiculed for being uneducated and lazy, plus it's not a living wage. People still need support and a lot of it needs to come from the federal government due to their underfunded mandates, especially related to education.

Feel free to move if you hate it so much.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you’re too young to remember Ronald Reagan’s solid victory over incumbent , Democrat Edmund Brown. Reagan was governor of California from 1967-1975.

ETA. Apologies if this is considered a political post.
Yes, I'm old enough to remember Ca. used to be a red state.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel free to move if you hate it so much.
I would if my families aren't living near by. In past few yrs why do you think that there are more people moving out of Ca. than moving in?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe the issue isn't the party, but the person. Plenty of comments above have pointed this out as the party hasn't always been a determining factor. I live in a very blue state, but we have a "red" governor. And I think that's about the person.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he was a (D) this would be all over the news and would be considered as a hate crime.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, wasting $276+ million on a failed recall that clearly wasn't supported wasn't exactly bring fiscally responsible, nor was it a "conservative" move. We could have done so much with that money! Seriously, the regular election is next year!

Yeah, But they didn't have any problem with trying to impeach Mr. T 2X.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PinkAndBlueBling you mentioned water being a problem in your state. Do you have a drought?

Sorry for my ignorance but my eyes perked up at that because we've had periods of serious drought in Sydney where we aren't allowed to wash our cars with a house or water our plants with a hose etc

We're very drought prone here so I'm curious when I hear about other places lacking water.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Republicans complain about the homeless and crime but want to cut every social program that can help. They want the police to push them out to another neighborhood or state.
Help what? Help an able body to stay in poverty forever? Go get a job and work yourself out of poverty.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Help what? Help an able body to stay in poverty forever? Go get a job and work yourself out of poverty.

This is the problem, you don't understand or choose not to care about mental illness, drug addiction, poor education, lack of medical care, sexual abuse, domestic violence, income insecurity and LBGT kids that are thrown out of their homes. Also, veterans suffering from many of the above issues, in addition to PTSD, are a significant demographic of the homeless.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PinkAndBlueBling you mentioned water being a problem in your state. Do you have a drought?

Sorry for my ignorance but my eyes perked up at that because we've had periods of serious drought in Sydney where we aren't allowed to wash our cars with a house or water our plants with a hose etc

We're very drought prone here so I'm curious when I hear about other places lacking water.

Major water resource issues. Look up California and drought....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, But they didn't have any problem with trying to impeach Mr. T 2X.

Well he was impeached, just not convicted by the Senate, for crimes such as inciting an insurrection and obstruction of justice. Was the California recall because there were actual crimes? I wouldn't equate criminal behavior with what might be termed bad management.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major water resource issues. Look up California and drought....

Did a bit of reading! Whoa your drought and crazy rain issues! A bit like us!

Dams were down to 30%ish, we were burning and then a few months later we flooded like crazy and had dams breaking, houses being swept away.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, veterans suffering from many of the above issues, in addition to PTSD, are a significant demographic of the homeless.
Yes, but who cares? lets take care of all the illegals coming across the border first. :rolleyes: Our homeless veterans can go screw themselves.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results