shape
carat
color
clarity

cake help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Hi girls,

I''ve made a polystyrene mockup of my cake to help me design the decorations.

The letters are the same font and size as an alphabet fondant cutter I have, but I''m not sure what colour fondant to make them.

I made the toppers out of polymer clay but they need some finishing touches - I need to paint the hair and clean off the frosty residue from superglueing the heads on.. and figure out how to stably attach them to the cake.

Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions? Don''t hold back.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock

SDC10016q.jpg

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
this quote is from Everlong which is our song & my aisle-walk song =D

SDC10017q.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Coral, the cake looks fabulous!!!!

Which text are you going to use? I am assuming all three won''t fit?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Make a clay base for the toppers. Almost like a stand for them. I have clay toppers and they are set on a clay base. I like the letters in black!

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Thanks Honey! It will be one of the 3 quotes but I''m not sure which one yet.

Em : Great idea about the base! That will be perfect.
emrainbow.gif

I am wondering if I should decorate the back of the cake where there isn''t any wording, as it is still just plain white with the ribbon... or whether it will look nice left plain?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
If you have a cake decorating centre nearby, pop in and see if they have the bases for the toppers, they usually pre-make them out of sugar of something.

Cake decorating centres are fabulous, they have heaps of decorations, ribbons and tools to make it easy. I love them
30.gif

ETA - I love that Def Leppard song BTW! It is totally in my head now!!! If you are taking votes, while I love all of them, the third one is my favorite for a wedding cake, especially since you will walk down the aisle to that one!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
What talent you have!

My vote is for #1. I love that it''s sassy and funny. Perhaps the song isn''t as sentimental, but I don''t think it will leave guests going, "Hmm... what exactly does that mean?" Plus It''s a CAKE. So that phrase is just adorable. Sugar. Cake. You know.

Any of them will be just fine, though. Whatever suits you and FI best.

I like the black wording. The only other color I''d go with is a bright (almost ''hot'') pink.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to tell you that I''m def a def leppard fan and I LOVE your first quote...
but since I''m going to a metallica concert on Thursday, the "nothing else matters" quote really "struck a chord" with me! get it! ha ha!
9.gif

All three quotes are great but I think I like the third since it''s a lil more "wedding-y" and it is your song! How great!

"Pour Some Sugar on me" is a lil to "risque" to be wedding''y (that''s just my opinion tho...).. But it''s def cute! Especially with the sugar/cake reference!

"Nothing else matters", is a little vague? "forever trust in who we are and nothing else matters" makes a lil more sense to the general public but that''s a lil lengthy and you prolly wouldn''t have the room on the cake.

But it doesn''t really matter. you would know what "nothing else matters" means so thats really what counts.

As far as decorations go, I think the ribbon looks great! very pretty but not too busy.

I like the lettering in black personally.. since the other accents on your cake are black and pink.

Cute cakes!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
You''re very talented. The cake looks great. I like the 3rd quote and I think it goes best as it''s your aisle song.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I''m not a huge fan of any of the lyrics. I''m not sure any of them captures what you''re trying to say clearly enough. Do you guys have any other special songs that you could pull from?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i like the black fondant.
also, i think a round clay base would be good to glue your little people on- those are so cute!

we played "pour some sugar on me" while we cut the cake! personally, i think it would be so cute to have the lyrics on there, i don''t think it is "risque" at all- maybe because i''m a little quirky like that. i think its funny, memorable, and like nothing i''ve seen before.

our venue had a little alcove where we cut the cake, so there honestly was no need to have the back decorated. also, since we had ribbons wrapping it as well, it was a nice "hiding spot" for the back of the cake. i''d find out if the cake will be at the reception, and if the back is hidden, there''s no need to put anything on the back.

VERY VERY CUTE!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
so fun! i love the idea of using your aisle/first dance song lyrics. VERY cute.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 12:12:34 PM
Author: charbie
i like the black fondant.
also, i think a round clay base would be good to glue your little people on- those are so cute!

we played ''pour some sugar on me'' while we cut the cake! personally, i think it would be so cute to have the lyrics on there, i don''t think it is ''risque'' at all- maybe because i''m a little quirky like that. i think its funny, memorable, and like nothing i''ve seen before.

our venue had a little alcove where we cut the cake, so there honestly was no need to have the back decorated. also, since we had ribbons wrapping it as well, it was a nice ''hiding spot'' for the back of the cake. i''d find out if the cake will be at the reception, and if the back is hidden, there''s no need to put anything on the back.

VERY VERY CUTE!
Honestly, removing myself from bias, I guess I agree that it''s not risque in itself.. It''s just that in a def leppard special I watched, they mentioned that they got their break because Pour Some Sugar on Me got it''s start in strip clubs. Love the song! Great for dancing and partying... I just happen to think of its roots when I hear it tho lol.

But if you don''t mind, I may have to steal the idea of playing it while we cut our cake!
5.gif
No strippers attached! lol

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That cake mock-up is so impressive! Wow.

I''m not so sure about the last lyrics, the sentiment has some doubt in it, as if you''re saying that you''re not sure you trust that this could be forever. Maybe it''s the English teacher in me, but I wouldn''t choose that one.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Great mock up! I love the toppers and the ribbon colours.

I''d stick with black fondant for the letters since you have some black ribbon on there.

I also must complement you on your great taste in music, any other the three lyrics are great. What a neat idea.
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it is a great idea!

But am not a fan of black for the text, I would use a soft pink to match your scheme so that from afar the cake looks more traditional but upon closer inspection your message pops.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
emcake.gif

Thanks for all your help and encouragement! We''re going with the Everlong lyrics =D

And by we I mean me, cause my FI is pretty disinterested in cake/flower/decorations type decisions.. makes planning easier.

Haven I completely get what you mean about the uncertainty in the lyrics, but I just love the song so much, and because it''s written on a wedding cake I figure people will know that it''s meant in a good way.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:10:38 PM
Author: CoralQuiz
emcake.gif

Thanks for all your help and encouragement! We''re going with the Everlong lyrics =D

And by we I mean me, cause my FI is pretty disinterested in cake/flower/decorations type decisions.. makes planning easier.

Haven I completely get what you mean about the uncertainty in the lyrics, but I just love the song so much, and because it''s written on a wedding cake I figure people will know that it''s meant in a good way.
good! i like the last one the best anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results