shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD images of custom WF eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! Just got my CAD images from Whiteflash! The eternity band will have .03 stones, set as low as possible (looks like 28 stones for a total weight of .84). The ring is supposed to be ~ 2.3mm in width, ~ 1.9mm in height, and "finished VERY smooth" (per Leon and Lesley!).

I had to explain to my husband that the CAD images make the prongs and metal look HUGE but it won''t be that way when it''s cast. I think it''s funny that they now put that disclaimer on the email that contains the CAD images! I can totally understand how someone would freak out if they weren''t aware of that!

I told Lesley that PS was a dangerous addiction... I got a credit card refund check the day before yesterday for a little over $1000 and asked Lesley if she thought I should put it towards a bigger ering stone while they had my rings there... She hasn''t answered me yet... :)

katiecad.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one other image

cad2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cad looks great...I say go for the larger e-ring stone
11.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You people are BAD (but in a good way...) :) I haven''t mentioned that idea to my hubby yet. Not sure how he''d take it. :)

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 11:42:06 AM
Author: mrssalvo
cad looks great...I say go for the larger e-ring stone
11.gif
I second that
9.gif

And cant wait to see the finished product.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
That band is going to be stunning!!!! Can''t wait to see the final product! Oooooh........upgrade...........
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade!!!!!!!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely consider that refund fair game for an upgrade. Why not
31.gif
9.gif
?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPGRADE
36.gif
UPGRADE
36.gif
UPGRADE
36.gif
WOOT!

Cool pictures, it is going to be beautiful!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys crack me up! My dilemma now is whether to go with a non-ACA larger stone (in the 1 ct range) or stick with my ACA .806 ct. I''m hearing varying opinions as to whether it will be a noticeable difference in size (which I have to believe it would be!) and whether it''s worth it to go non-ACA to get a bigger rock!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 11:44:57 AM
Author: katiedid
You guys crack me up! My dilemma now is whether to go with a non-ACA larger stone (in the 1 ct range) or stick with my ACA .806 ct. I''m hearing varying opinions as to whether it will be a noticeable difference in size (which I have to believe it would be!) and whether it''s worth it to go non-ACA to get a bigger rock!
Man -- I think I rememember Ebree did this same thing ... but I have to research. Anything over .2 mm will be noticable. Just make sure the new rock is spready. Expert selections are stones that JUST missed ACA I believe.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Haha! This is a deja vu for me.

I first bought an ACA stone...
Then sent my rings to be matched up when I had my wedding ring made.
Upgraded at that time to a bigger stone, but it was an ES stone

Haven''t regretted it since!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow--a little too close to home huh Jelly? That''s funny. Good to hear you didn''t regret giving up your ACA.
Here are the few I''m considering (I don''t have angles on these--just basic stats right now...). They''re all on WF''s web site but are not ACA or ES. They do all have a 4-star rating from WF though. And all are roughly the same price.

1 ct G SI2
6.36 x 6.41 x 4
57% table
62.6% depth
exc polish, exc symmetry
no fluor.

1.04 ct G SI2
6.4 x 6.47 x 4.01
58% table
62.3% depth
vg polish, exc symmetry
no fluor.

1.02 F SI2
6.54 x 6.59 x 3.91 (very spready!!)
58% table
59.6% depth
vg plish, vg symmetry
faint fluor (which I''m fine with)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!! JUST STUNNING!! I am thrilled you may find another terrific stone :) WOOOOO YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be a lovely band...and if you need a little nudging to upgrade...I''m sure you won''t have a hard time finding it here!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
It''s going to be beautiful-and I can''t wait to see it!!! Oh and if I were you, I would upgrade.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 3:08:52 PM
Author: katiedid
Here are the few I'm considering (I don't have angles on these--just basic stats right now...). They're all on WF's web site but are not ACA or ES. They do all have a 4-star rating from WF though. And all are roughly the same price.

1 ct G SI2
6.36 x 6.41 x 4
57% table
62.6% depth
exc polish, exc symmetry
no fluor.

1.04 ct G SI2
6.4 x 6.47 x 4.01
58% table
62.3% depth
vg polish, exc symmetry
no fluor.

1.02 F SI2
6.54 x 6.59 x 3.91 (very spready!!)
58% table
59.6% depth
vg plish, vg symmetry
faint fluor (which I'm fine with)
I have two questions. What are the dimensions of your current .80? Have you confirmed with WF if these SI2's are eye clean?

BTW, the CAD images of your eternity ring look great!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have crown and pavilion angles in order to run these throught the HCA tool?

I have a .831 ACA H&A, and I guess I''d be a bit reluctant to give this too much consideration. My baby''s measurements are great, and not worth an extra part of a mm to go down on cut quality, unless these of course score in the vicinity of your H&A that you own now. I think what you have now looks great on you, and you''ve had a lot of changes recently with the broken stone, replaced stones, setting returns, and wedding band choices. Maybe you should enjoy this one, and keep an eye out for the next arrival of stones at WF, jump on one of the 1 carat H&A ACAs right when the batch comes in!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t remember the depth, but my current .806 ACA is 6.00 x 6.03. One of the stones I listed had a black mark on it (bye bye to that one) and one was in India (so we can''t see it easily). The F is still under consideration. Lesley is checking it out for me, along with one other G SI2 that I think was 1.01 or so. I so want the F to turn out to be a good one.

Cinnamon, I totally see your point. The deal is I either do it now or don''t do it for quite a long time. My hubby is going to grow tired of this and right now, this is still part of the "we have to replace the one that got broken". Even though this is a different stone under consideration, because of the timing, he''s not freaking out on me for thinking about this! I need to either get something bigger/better now or be happy with the one I have for the forseeable future. :) As I said, I can live with either of those options!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I do understand your point and think you will be happy either way, just don't sacrifice cut.

BTW, when you decided to go to WF for the eternity band, was it because of a quality issue with Facets on the bands you had him send you? You know how I keep waffling over "do I match my ring with the WF band or do I go for an eternity band" thing? I am wondering if you are willing to give some additional info about those eternity bands from Facets you had.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinnamon, I''m with you girl! I just hate to limit myself to ACA branded stones. I know there are beautiful stones out there that are ideal or exc. cut. It''s just a matter of finding them and having Lesley look at them for me. I totally trust her on them. I know she''ll tell me if I''m going in the wrong direction.

About the eternity band, I just decided with the low profile of my legato, I needed to have something made to sit as low as possible. The facets bands sat up a little too high and I found them to be a little prongy and rough. I''m sure I''m just super picky--lots of people here have them and love them. The quality of the stones they use is incredible. But I knew WF would use gorgeous stones as well and they have my ering (for resizing) right there to compare the heights, etc. while they make my eternity band. For the carat weight, it''s not costing me much more to go custom with WF than it was for the SP band. And they''ve promised to finish it very smooth and to make sure it sits as low as possible and that the girdles don''t overhang and chew up my ering band. I just felt better going this way than with SP.

Now I just have to figure out if I''m going to fork over the $ for a bigger stone that isn''t ACA but is at least one or two grades better in color, the same clarity, and ideal/exc cut. If I do this, I''ve decided it needs to be over the 1 carat mark for me to feel like it''s worth doing. So we''ll see. There are some possibilities out there and I need to decide just how much more I''m ok with spending.

Feel free to ask me anything about the SP eternity bands. I really think they are super nice rings.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results