shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD Help, 4 or 6 prongs?

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

I am working with David Klass again to design a setting for my 2ct stone. This design is based off a ring I feel in love with. My only worry is about it only being 4 prongs, with a larger size diamond. If I did 6 prongs, I dont know if it would look right. Any suggestions? Or any other feed back on this CAD at all?

Thanks! ring structure.jpg

I like it as is! I feel like with the basket and the shanks as they are, they should provide some extra protection against knocks or what not. So safety might not be as much of an issue?

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Just my thoughts..have you considered doing double prongs? Also, where the V is on the shank adding another smaller diamond, so that the sides and vertical row of diamonds meet?
Good luck!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added prongs to the top view and don't really care for the extra prongs but??? Of course, the sides would have to change.
6 prongs.png

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I added prongs to the top view and don't really care for the extra prongs but??? Of course, the sides would have to change.
6 prongs.png

oh yeah, im not fond of the 6 prong. Im wondering if the double claw would look good?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results