shape
carat
color
clarity

Cabo San Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
What did you think? Opinions, highs and lows please!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remind me not to check back to this thread, I''m leaving for there in 4 weeks, and I don''t want to hear the negative stuff!!
2.gif

Are you planning a vacation and potentially going there?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to a wedding there this past April. It was really pretty. Nice beaches, perfect weather. The resort was also nice. The only negative is that it is so far away so it was a looooong travel day.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 2:38:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
We went to a wedding there this past April. It was really pretty. Nice beaches, perfect weather. The resort was also nice. The only negative is that it is so far away so it was a looooong travel day.
Where are you located Tacori?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NC....we stayed at RIU Palace. I *think* I did a thread with photos from our trip.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
From Texas it may not be as bad. I guess?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We stopped there last year for the day on a cruise. It was OK, the beach was nice looking, but was really steep, so you couldn''t really play in the waves. We had a snorkling trip booked, but it was cancelled due to wind (they said that was pretty common). There were tons of decent looking bars, and a nice mall.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy!

Hmmm...the beach was not steep where we were (you can see from the photos). The wedding was ON the beach. Very pretty! Much closer from Texas. That is where our lay-over was in fact. The only activity we had time for was horseback riding.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I went more than a decade ago, stayed in a timeshare resort that was stunning and had a similar experience to Haven''s. I cried as we drove through town on our first day there I was so struck be the poverty. I was reminded by a travel companion that many of the people we encountered would have no jobs at all if it weren''t for the tourism industry, and that helped a bit but it was still quite disturbing. We did some amazing things while there (e.g. parasailing, horseback riding on the beach, etc.) and it was an amazing experience but I wouldn''t chose to go back.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED Cabo!

We flew there from Houston and it was a quick 3 hour direct flight.

I'll have to look up where we stayed but it was a hotel/time share resort that I think was also all-inclusive. It was lovely! If you stay at a timeshare resort, be aware that they will repeatedly try to get you to attend their meetings to recruit timeshare buyers.
Some resorts, depending on their location, don't allow swimming in the ocean because of unsafe currents. I didn't mind, but hubby wanted to swim in the ocean. The resort swimming pool with swim-up bar was just fine for me!

There's some OK shopping and if you (or hubby) would like marlin fishing, that's really big there. There were a bunch of activites to do...horseback riding, snorkeling, etc...

We went in December and the weather everyday was absolutely PERFECT!!!!! Low 80's with NO humidity! We also spotted some whales one day while laying on the beach.

We really enjoyed Cabo and would go again in a heartbeat!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i loved cabo!!! i loved all the restaurants along the marina. there was a lot to do during the day if you wanted to venture out. we did atv tours, snorkeling, and shopping. we took a wine boat ride at sunset and it was gorgeous. have fun if you decide to go. we had perfect weather all week...we went in october.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Loved it!

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. The resort was stunning and the service was great. I don't remember if they had a swim up bar, but they had waiters who would serve you right in the pool. (I don't think they actually came into the pool, but they would keep checking that you had what you needed and would bring the drink right to the side of the pool for you). They have a fabulous breakfast buffet served on a gorgeous outdoor patio.

We were there in January, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. We left Newark New Jersey in nasty snow and wind, and landed in sunshine and balmy breezes. There's lots of great things to do there.

The only negative that I can think of is that it is fairly pricey.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are going there at Christmas next year, it has been years since I have been but hubby just went. Many Americans retire there as it is cost effective for them. My hubby played golf on a course that was being torn out to put homes...beach front 8 million US dollars, one level back, 4 million US dollars.

The sad truth is MOST of these tropical places I been, BVI Little Dix, Turks and Caicos, Mexico, St. Barths, Nevs, Jamaica, all have fairly extensive poverty on the islands...the resorts are usually posh and employ a lot of people but still...and my friends who go to St. Thomas and to Barbardos report the same thing. I do not recall Bermuda being as bad but it was 20 years ago, and they are not south of the equator so they have a limited tourist season. It seemed very clean and together there, with supposed mininimal unemployment and illiteracy.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I am glad to hear your reviews.

I agree that most tropical locations do have a lot of vendors on the beach trying to sell something, whether it is cigars, hairbraiding, t-shirts etc.

I went to Beaches/or Sandals in Bahamas a few months back and these vendors were everywhere which I was surprise with it being a resort beach. Oh well, if you tell them your not interested they leave you alone .

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My hubby and I went there last year for our honeymoon. We loved it!!... But you should try not to go in August. It''s HOTT!! We stayed at the MeCabo at Nikki beach for a week and then at the Hilton for the second week. It was lovely, very layed back if you want it to be, but also lots of things to do if you so choose. I would definitely go back.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results