shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying over the net

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingdoctor

Rough_Rock
Am contemplating buying a diamond from a company over the net, am not sure if I''m allowed to name the company but are there any precautions I should take with regard to organising payment and receipt of the stone.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Frequently a discount is offered to make a wire payment, and with the vendors on this board, you''re probably fine to do this. I paid with a credit card, though, frequently doing so can provide you peace of mind (in the form of insured coverage by the credit card company) for a modest incremental cost against the truly unexpected, and if you''ll read other threads on this board talking about the same, I think the best arguments here are made in the camp of paying with a credit card. But really, either way is probably fine.

Not sure, but hope this is responsive.

Regards,

staceymiller

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever used iweddingband.com?
I have used bluenile.com and whiteflash.com -- both great!

swingdoctor

Rough_Rock
The company I was planning on buying from is a company called Original-diamonds.com anyone have any experience with them? Any feedback would be appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have never heard of them.
if you are interested there is a list of e-friendly vendors here.

Detox

Rough_Rock
I bought a diamond from one of the vendors listed on Pricescope. I was incredibly nervous buying a diamond over the internet (my friends thought I was nuts).

However, I first developed a relationship with the vendor and knowing htey are active in Pricescope I figured this would be a safe transaction. I considered Visa as my first mode of payment, but late switched to wire transfer to save the additional 3%.

Everything worked out fine for me.

Cheers,

Detox

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
I have never heard of that vendor either. Proceed with caution until you are sure.

I have purchased over the net without any problem...but first, I got to know the vendor, built a relationship and checked them out on PS.

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results