shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying online after working with a nice store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure they''ll set the stone onto their setting. Not all stores will do this (for liability and other reasons).

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Call Matthew''s Jewelers - They are Michael B. - Have them set the stone. I''m also betting they will give you the best price on the Trois setting.

Scintillating...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 11:38:29 AM
Author: Bobby74
Thanks everyone for your notes and guidance.

Michael B would do the setting, so the jeweler would just send out the stone that I brought in.

Also, $3k was the savings, not the price of the dimaond
1.gif

bobby already said Michael b will be setting the stone
1.gif

Bobby74

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Good point, I will check with Michael B on prices for the setting. If they are more competitive, then that might be the way to go.

Exciting stuff
10.gif

in-situ

Rough_Rock
So your local B&M store have been good and serviced you well. So what! That is what they are paid to do and MUST do in order to sell jewelry. No outstanding customer service is worth an additional 1/3 added to the price of an item. Surely?

FYI, generally speaking online sellers will be significantly cheaper (and in many cases more knowledgeable) than your local B&M store. The main reasons for the fantastic savings you can achieve online are the intense competition and the simple fact that online sellers do not have to pay high street rental prices just to have a storefront like your traditional B&M jeweler as it is all done electronically. I have been told by an online seller that I know that he is seeing a growing trend of people visiting B&M stores so that they can "see" and touch and get a solid idea of what they want / can realistically afford and then using this information to shop online and make teriffic savings.

If I were you I would also see what I could do with regards to finding the setting that you want online very likely saving even further.

The only point that I will make (even though it has already been made) is that if you do end up sourcing your diamond online and then having the stone set by another company, do make absolutely sure that they agree to be liable for any damages that could potentially occur during the setting process. Whilst it is not likely it is possible so do cover your assets.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 7:14:58 PM
Author: in-situ
So your local B&M store have been good and serviced you well. So what! That is what they are paid to do and MUST do in order to sell jewelry. No outstanding customer service is worth an additional 1/3 added to the price of an item. Surely?

FYI, generally speaking online sellers will be significantly cheaper (and in many cases more knowledgeable) than your local B&M store. The main reasons for the fantastic savings you can achieve online are the intense competition and the simple fact that online sellers do not have to pay high street rental prices just to have a storefront like your traditional B&M jeweler as it is all done electronically. I have been told by an online seller that I know that he is seeing a growing trend of people visiting B&M stores so that they can ''see'' and touch and get a solid idea of what they want / can realistically afford and then using this information to shop online and make teriffic savings.

If I were you I would also see what I could do with regards to finding the setting that you want online very likely saving even further.

hmmm. we''ll I don''t entirely agree with you. There is something to be said for having a good relationship with a local jeweler. It can become a huge pain if you have to ship your ring away everytime it needs checking or if there is a problem. I''m not saying he sould pay the extra 3K but I would at least give them a chance to offer him a closer price. There is something to be said for old fashioned customer service and if this store has helped him, there is nothing wrong with rewarding them with his business. Not all B&M''s have good customer service or will go out of their way for a sale. Also, many of our wonderful online vendors are B&M''s. There might be the best of both worlds out there. It''s will probalby be difficult to find someone who will give a huge deal on the designer setting. Designers have certain price requirements for their vendors in order to keep the price of the settings consistant no matter the vendor. He may find someone to give him a little off, but his I think his best chance for a discount would be to get the stone and setting from the same vendor where they might have a little more wiggle room.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The local jeweler has been very helpful and candid. Just my personal feeling.....I think that earns him a bit of candidness in return from you.

Tell him your dilemma.....and ask him for the best price he can give you. If it''s acceptable to you, then stay with the local guy. If he can''t come to a price you''re comfortable with, then it''s fine to thank him for his time and decide to purchase elsewhere.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 10:14:52 PM
Author: aljdewey
The local jeweler has been very helpful and candid. Just my personal feeling.....I think that earns him a bit of candidness in return from you.

Tell him your dilemma.....and ask him for the best price he can give you. If it''s acceptable to you, then stay with the local guy. If he can''t come to a price you''re comfortable with, then it''s fine to thank him for his time and decide to purchase elsewhere.

That''s it in a nutshell. Make sure he knows that you appreciate his customer service and (after getting qoutes from other Michael B vendors) tell him candidly what will cost you how much where. Tell him you''d like to reward his customer service, but also want a good deal.

Bobby74

Rough_Rock
Good plan. Thanks gang!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results