shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from BlueNile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlliBaba

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Has anyone bought from BlueNile? I have some questions...

1) Regarding the ring sizer, what if you already know what size ring you are, according to your local jeweler? Do you really have to do the ring sizer? Are their sizes different or something?

2) Will they send the stone to an independent appraiser, free of charge (like WF)?

3) Do you find their stones to be well-priced according to quality, especially compared to some of the other online vendors (WF, GOG, etc.)?

4) Will they send you sarin reports, GIA reports, pics of the diamond and hand pics upon request?

5) If they DO send you these reports and pics upon request, will they let you place a hold on a particular diamond you''re looking at? If so, how long?

Thanks mucho in advance for your help!!! You guys have been so helpful already
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t bought from BN but i''ll try to answer what I can..

1. ring sizers can vary from vendor to vendor.

2. other than the Signature Collection stone, BN doesn''t own the rest so they couldn''t send them to an appraiser for you. Don''t know about the stone''s they own

3. BN used to be higher than other vendors but I don''t think that is the case so much anymore, but from the few stones I''ve looked at and priced BN had them priced slightly higher.

4. see #2..i don''t think they can or will run a sarin on the stones they own..

For completely accurate info your best bet is calling or emailing BlueNile, they are the only ones who know their current policy''s
2.gif

AlliBaba

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friends got her e-ring diamond from there when I got my setting (couldn''t buy just a setting so we worked together)

1. I never used their sizer and my setting fits great
2. No, but it comes with an appraisal done by them, which was only about $200 different than my friend''s independent appraisal
3. Yes, my friend got a steal on an ideal cut .75 ct stone and its a real beauty and it was better priced than a nearly identical stone on WF
4. You can see the GIA/AGS reports for nearly every diamond but they can''t give you anything more than that since their diamonds aren''t actually there with them
5. No, its pretty much first come, first serve

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results