shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamonds online - international shipping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Has anyone tried buying diamonds from Whiteflash and have them shipped the diamonds outside US before? How is the process like?

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I bought a 10 stone diamond ring from Whiteflash (shipped to Bahrain for $75 using FedEx) and was pleased with the buying experience.

The only thing you have to be careful about is if you want to return it as FedEx will only cover you for $500 and you have to find some way of getting it insured if you want to ship it back to Houston. Have a talk to Bob Hoskins if you want to find out what other people in Singapore have done in this situation.

Hope this helps!

I think Tomatoe is in Singapore - but don''t know whether she bought anything from the US

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Return shipping can be a serious pain, expecially if you are in a country with difficult or expensive border controls. Many non-US customers choose to hire a US based appraiser to examine the piece and deliver the report via email prior to shipping the merchandise out of the country. This can significantly reduce the chances that you will need to deal with the return process.

Fed Ex is the usual carrier of choice but this too will vary depending on what country you''re discussing.

Neil Beaty,
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2004 11:46:52 AM
Author:flee12
Hi,

Has anyone tried buying diamonds from Whiteflash and have them shipped the diamonds outside US before? How is the process like?

Hi & welcome to PS,

As just_looking mentioned, I am from Singapore. I haven't bought anything from Whiteflash yet, but I did purchase a regent from Goodoldgold. When I was finally ready to purchase my diamond and started the whole process, it was nothing but smooth. I called them up to place my order and filled up the online form with my information, their charge for overseas shipping was US$100.
I decided to TT the money through DBS and on top of the diamond price, I paid SIN$10 for handling commission, SIN$20 for the TT charge and SIN$15 for an Agent Bank charge. I tt-ed the money on our Friday so I had to wait till their Tuesday, our Wednesday morning (they don't work on their Sunday and Monday) before they could confirm that they had receieved the money and were sending the diamond to me. I was given my Fedex tracking number and basically followed the package online excitedly all over the world to me.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results