shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying BEST possible ring soon, please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

n0t0ri0s

Rough_Rock
hi diamond gurus... this is my first post. i''m buying a ring soon, and i''ve gone through a lot of the educational stuff on this site. basically what i am looking for is the absolute best possible stone in a 1-1.5 carat size. i understand that means ideal cut, D-F color, F-IF clarity. i''ve been to alot of stores, who simply don''t have anything like this... and instead kind of play my requirements down, saying "oh.. just get the big size... that''s all she''ll notice". should i just go through the internet? the pricescope search shows a 13.8k 1.01/D/IF ring, ranging to a 26k 1.5/D/IF. the stone will be set on a tiny size 3 tacori ring (See attached, top ring). any thought on how i need to go? i''d really appreciate any advice. THANKS!

serh 10937.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The most important factor by far when buying a diamond is cut. In order of importance, (IMO)

Cut
Color
Clarity
Carat Weight
Cost

Do a search here on cut to see what you should be aware of when evaluating the cut of a diamond. The cut of a diamond will determine if the diamond is a stud or a dud.

As for color: D is the rarest, whitest diamond. I have an H color 1.5 carat stone and it is icy white! As for clarity, you could save some money by going with an eye-clean (no inclusions visible to the naked eye) VS2...I mean with the human eye you can''t tell the difference between an eye-clean VS2 and a FL... Color is more personal, if two diamonds are side by side.. say an H and a D, the D will be whiter.

In the end it is your choice whether you go D - IF/FL or a VS2 E combination...the latter will provide you with more money for a larger or better cut stone. Do your homework before you buy.. you won''t be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results