shape
carat
color
clarity

buying an ideal-scope - WHICH ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rkp2be

Rough_Rock
hi,

i''m about to purchase an IS... i figure it''ll help me out a whole lot in this diamond-buying process, and my friends can use it too!

my question is: what is the difference between the beginner & the expert models practically speaking? is the beginner model (single lens, 6x mag) good enough for me to use to make an accurate enough judgment before i purchase? i really don''t want to spend the extra $$ on the expert model if i don''t have to.

TIA!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You don''t have to buy an expert model unless you want a more costly, daily use type tool. For most diamonds and most consumers, the less costly one will do the trick. If you want to switch up to an expert unit from a fresh purchase of a beginner model, we will accept a trade-in, but the shipping costs make it a costly thing to do. You''ll do fine with the simpler model in all liklihood.

rkp2be

Rough_Rock
thanks so much!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I would really love to see the difference in image from each one. Can any one post pictures of what you see from each one?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely post these days; but, I purchased the professional model years ago and can say that it has been well worth the extra cost.

Of course, I like studying the details in a diamond. If you are only looking for an occasional quick read (general overview) of a diamond - then the begginer model will work.

If you are naturally a detail person (perhaps technical minded, or into various arts and crafts or model building) then I think you will be most pleased with the professional model.

Considering the cost of a diamond - the cost of a good set of inspection tools (Ideal scope, light table, tweezers, and loop) is trivial.

I aslo have a hand held ASET scope as well....

Perry

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I personally prefer the standard model. The loupe in the expert-model is too strong to my taste.

Then again, I am probably not sufficiently an expert to work with that model.

Live long,

rkp2be

Rough_Rock
that comparison shot was very helpful! i''d only be using it to check out potential diamond(s) for purchase, making sure i''m getting the quality that i want (this diamond business isn''t quite a serious hobby for me... yet
2.gif
. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results