shape
carat
color
clarity

buying a stone at whiteflash-what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

targa

Rough_Rock
2 questions---

1. having had bad results purchasing goods on the internet, i am a bit hesitant to do so with diamonds-- if i find a stone i like on white flash (simply by numbers and price), how can i know i am getting what i want and like without seeing the stone?

2. any thoughts on the following? EGL cert
1.6 ct
7.68-7.63x4.60
round
table 54
depth 60
crown 14%
pavillion 43%
med facet
G/VS2
no fluor

thanks for the help.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash will send it to an appraiser of your choice. If one is near you then you can ''visit'' the stone while it is in their possesion. Have them grade it blind and see how it does. A very good idea....Cindy

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been wondering the same thing.

Tho being in the Uk, I was wondering about the possibility of having it sent to a US appraiser who posts on here... at least then I would feel confident of who (s)he is. before sending it onto me. (but i''ll organise that near the time i can purchase - shouldnt been too long now)

From back reading about Whiteflash here, they seem genuine, tho i havent so far purchased anything from them, but where freindly in the inital contact i made with them just before christmas.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
WhiteFlash has sent many stones to me for independent verification and is very above board with their clients. They are a very good company...I would have no qualms dealing with them, Cindy

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
whiteflash --or any other pricescope vendor like Dirt Cheap Diamonds, ERD etc, are reputable and are at the very least HONEST and are in the business of doing the right thing. I would not worry and follow the advice re an appraiser...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
First thing to do would be to have wf pull that diamond in and have Brian look it over if its the one your interested in.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my ring from Whiteflash and I was very pleased with the service and the stone. The stone I wanted was not easy to find but Lesley was very patient. You might want to call her directly and tell her what you want. (My stone was not on multiple listing or in their inventory. They get new listings frequently.)

Finally she contacted me and said she had received specifications on a stone that sounded right for me. She had the stone called in and Brian, the cutter, gave me a very detailed report on every aspect of the stone. It was below my budget and I asked him if I should wait for a better stone. He said the stone had perfect proportions, was extremely lively and that it "spoke to him."

Whiteflash had the stone sent to an appraiser of my choice(listed on Pricescope) where I was able to see it. The appraiser did tests and said it was a gorgeous and lively stone. Actually, if I had to do this again, I would just rely on Brian's judgment.

Whiteflash arranged to have the appraiser ship the stone back to them for setting. The stone is large so the setting had to be custom made. It took about a week. Then Brian sent me photos of the ring in the setting and I approved them. The stone was then sent to Whiteflash's appraiser to make certain that it was the same stone as in the GIA report and had not been damaged in setting. He also gave a value for insurance purposes.

Until this point, I had not paid Whiteflash anything. I sent them the money and received the ring the next morning by overnight Federal Express. I highly recommend Whiteflash for service and great prices. The reputation they have here is well deserved.

bobswench

Rough_Rock
I agree. I bought my diamond from Whiteflash and I am thrilled with it. One of the best service experiences I have ever had.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The first time I bought from WF, I had 2 diamonds sent to me to preview. We didn''t have a PS approved appraiser in our area at the time so I paid for both up front. After I selected the one I wanted to keep (Very hard choice I might add, as well), WF promptly refunded the purchase price of the second diamond. I have since traded the first diamond in and upgraded to a bigger one. That process went smooth as silk as well. The folks at WF are great to work with.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes that looks like a virtual stone so they would need to call it in and have a look-see at it to give you their opinion, it first of all. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results