shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a loose diamond online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lachance22

Rough_Rock
What questions should I be asking online vendors (such as Whiteflash) in order to be certain I am getting a superideal cut stone (preferrably AGS000?) Do these vendors post such detailed information on their sites for each listed stone? I can only seem to find very basic information.

Thanks.
emthup.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ags or gia cert
full sarin info
ideal-scope image
Real heart and arrow pictures
inclusion pictures
trustworthy vendor
Some education and good advice.
Use the tools available hca & aga charts.
Some homework if possible looking at different colored diamonds to see where your color sensitivity falls.
A full appraisal by an independant appraiser once its all put together.
good insurance policy
Thats the min. requirements in my book.

There are other reports such as b-scope, isee2, color meter, and others that while nice to have arent required.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
If you scan Whiteflash''s "A Cut Above" selection, you will see icons to click on with ideal scope view, AGS cert and sarin report.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 7
6.gif
3:23 PM
Author:lachance22
What questions should I be asking online vendors (such as Whiteflash) in order to be certain I am getting a superideal cut stone (preferrably AGS000?) Do these vendors post such detailed information on their sites for each listed stone? I can only seem to find very basic information.

Thanks.
emthup.gif

Hi lachance,

For any diamond we have in-house (comes up in a search on our website as "in stock ready to ship") you should see the lab grading report, sarin analysis and ideal scope image online. For many there are clarity photos as well. This goes for Expert Selection and A Cut Above stones. As for H&A - for "A Cut Above" true H&A patterning is guaranteed - and on request we can send actual imagery before we ship.

If you still are only seeing basic info please PM or AIM/yahoo me and I will try to assist you.

Edited: Thanks Pearcrazy - we were replying at the same time.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Also, if you go to the top of this page to the box where it says "Pricescope your diamond", you can check the H&A and AGSO boxes along with your parameters for color and clarity and it will return a list of vendors with such diamonds. You can then begin to do your research from there and start narrowing your choices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results