shape
carat
color
clarity

buying a diamond...need some help..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
hey guys I am trying to buy an engagement ring and i have one on my eyes from BN here is the info on it, I would like somebody to comment on it. Is it worth buying it for that price or not.. my main concer is that it needs to be sparkly..problem is that when you buy something from internet you cant see it.. so here you go info on it.

Carat weight: 1.20
Cut: Signature Princess
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 64.2%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.13x6.00x3.85 mm
Crown height: 10.4%
Length/width ratio: 1.02
price: $6,200

I would love to buy a 1.5c diamond but thats too much money..I rather go with something that sparkles a lot and looks pretty.. LOL yeah I know..

also will it look good in this type of setting??
Platinum Trellis Setting from BlueNile... I don`t want the diamond to look hidden in the setting...

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The DIY Cut Grading system at www.gemappraisers.com gives this diamond an overall rating of 1A. Very, very good. The tops. But with fancies, specs are only a part of the story. You really need to see fancies in person as they are harder to select based on specs alone.

Just a couple of things that lead me to suggest you have an independent appraiser evaluate the diamond for you,............ Overall depth. Being on the shallower end, the diamond may take on a washed out look. The girdle is thin all around. An expert can look for potential setting and wearing risks associated with the girdle.

Looks like a potentially good candidate. Seems a bit pricey compared to other diamonds currently available thru PS Vendors, but that''s probably a function of the clarity rating.

You might also check out the inventories at Good Old Gold, Dirt Cheap Diamonds, Nice Ice, and the White Flash Expert Selection. All those Vendors stock princess cuts that have been hand selected for performance and professionally evaluated.
1.gif

diamond326

Rough_Rock

what about this one..seem to have a better depth...

Carat weight: 1.27
Cut: Signature Princess
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 67.2%
Table %: 71%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.10x5.91x3.97 mm
Crown height: 9.5%
Length/width ratio: 1.03

Is there a big difference in VERY GOOD&EXCELLENT (polish&symmetry)

from what I''ve read at BN THE BNSIGNATURE IDEAL CUT is the best they have... here are the BNSign.Ideal STANDARDS

Crown Height: 8.5% to 13.5%
Shape: Square (1-1.05 LxW)
Depth: 63-70%
Table: 65-72%
Polish: VG/EX
Symmetry: VG/EX
Report: GIA/GCAL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results