shape
carat
color
clarity

Butterfly theme wedding, anyone?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Georgous pendant Gypsy.

I have to play so.......... Butterfly cake!

3587443743_259d1d1bf4_o.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
More... I love the butterfly placecards, especially.

butterflies in hair.jpg

Butterfly Veil.jpg

butterfly_place_cards_02_LRG.jpg

Butterfly barrettes.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Butterfly Bouquet (26).JPG

butterfly.jpg

butterfly-centerpiece.jpg

butterfly-themed-wedding.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Butterflu bouquet.jpg

butterflies and pansies.jpg

butterfly napkin.jpg

butterfly-wedding-hand-bouquet.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And more still...

butterfly aisle runner.jpg

Butterfly_Topiary.jpg

butterfly-wedding-cake2.jpg

Butterfly wedding bouquet.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love butterflies!

Here is a bouquet made by the same seller who is doing my flowers. They are made out of porcelain and is done all by hand. She's great to work with!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/27919771/butterfly-bouquet

She has lots of other great stuff too like hair pieces, pins, corsages, EVERYTHING.

I can't say enough good things about her.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The butterfly place cards are really very cute. I'm really not a butterfly person and FI super hates them, but planning a butterfly wedding is fun.

mla102472_0607_lights_xl.jpeg

images.jpeg

Screen Shot 2011-11-01 at 8.38.58 PM.jpg

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I decorated my friend's wedding cake similarly to the martha stewart butterfly wedding cake and everyone loved it. I bought the butterflies from etsy. Let me know if anyone wants the link to etsy shop.

ifb_fullxfull_5910445.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I like a lot of the pictures, but the cakes with butterflies kind of gross me out... there's a swarm of flying insects on the FOOD! :errrr:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever|1320133434|3051544 said:
The butterfly place cards are really very cute. I'm really not a butterfly person and FI super hates them, but planning a butterfly wedding is fun.

I ADORE the butterfly lanterns.

All we need is a bride and groom and we can plan their wedding for them!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ah Gypsy you posted my wedding shoes (I had them in blue!)

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Some of these things are really beautiful. (I especially like the cakes...it didn't even occur to me that it is a swarm of insects on the cake!)

...but too much butterfly theme could go really bad, really fast...IMO.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1320188417|3052049 said:
Some of these things are really beautiful. (I especially like the cakes...it didn't even occur to me that it is a swarm of insects on the cake!)

Butterfly BM's dresses would put that bride on her BM's sh*t list immediately. LOL.

Too much of anything isn't a good idea though-- even just wedding colors. I my colors were orange and green and the only orange was in my flowers and the ribbon for the favors. Green was flowers only. Everything else was white or cream with a few dark brown accents (fonts and stuff like that).

We had gone to a wedding the year before that had fushia and orange and they had the colors everywhere. Fushia and orange tablecloths, napkins... you name it. No white or cream or neutrals anywhere. My husband leans over at the reception and says: "Am I the only one who feels like I'm sitting in a Tequila Sunrise?" LOL.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1320182441|3051964 said:
4ever|1320133434|3051544 said:

I ADORE the butterfly lanterns.

All we need is a bride and groom and we can plan their wedding for them!

Now accepting volunteers?

ChloeTheGreat said:

..but too much butterfly theme could go really bad, really fast...IMO.

Yes, but I'm imagining attending this crazy, all out butterfly wedding with butterflies on EVERYTHING. It would we so terrible, it would just be just so. totally. Amazing. :bigsmile:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1320193294|3052111 said:
ChloeTheGreat|1320188417|3052049 said:

Butterfly BM's dresses would put that bride on her BM's sh*t list immediately. LOL.

Too much of anything isn't a good idea though-- even just wedding colors. I my colors were orange and green and the only orange was in my flowers and the ribbon for the favors. Green was flowers only. Everything else was white or cream with a few dark brown accents (fonts and stuff like that).

We had gone to a wedding the year before that had fushia and orange and they had the colors everywhere. Fushia and orange tablecloths, napkins... you name it. No white or cream or neutrals anywhere. My husband leans over at the reception and says: "Am I the only one who feels like I'm sitting in a Tequila Sunrise?" LOL.

:lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was really bad 4ever. The bride's mother wore fushia, her sister orange... they were the only two colors ANYWHERE. They had hung orange and fushia fancy umbrellas from the ceiling. The flowers were EIGHT arrangements on each tables -- all roses. Alternating with either solid fushia or solid orange flowers at each table-- no greenery. And whatever color used for the flowers -- the other was then used for the tablecloth for that table.

The spent a TON of money (the MOM was bragging that they had requested the florist use at least 250,000 roses at the wedding and let me tell you the flowers were everywhere-- only orange and fushia though). The altar arch was beautiful and since the ceremony was outside the colors worked out there as a contrast to the grass and the beach nearby. But inside it was another matter gold chivari chairs just blended with everything and they had fushia or orange bows on them. The gold chargers made the table settings blend with the orange and fushia.

The who reception was overkill. It was in LA though, so....

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1320296310|3053063 said:
It was really bad 4ever. The bride's mother wore fushia, her sister orange... they were the only two colors ANYWHERE. They had hung orange and fushia fancy umbrellas from the ceiling. The flowers were EIGHT arrangements on each tables -- all roses. Alternating with either solid fushia or solid orange flowers at each table-- no greenery. And whatever color used for the flowers -- the other was then used for the tablecloth for that table.

The spent a TON of money (the MOM was bragging that they had requested the florist use at least 250,000 roses at the wedding and let me tell you the flowers were everywhere-- only orange and fushia though). The altar arch was beautiful and since the ceremony was outside the colors worked out there as a contrast to the grass and the beach nearby. But inside it was another matter gold chivari chairs just blended with everything and they had fushia or orange bows on them. The gold chargers made the table settings blend with the orange and fushia.

The who reception was overkill. It was in LA though, so....

:lol: Sounds like they really committed to their colour sceme. At least it was very memorable.

KA

Shiny_Rock
I'll volunteer for you guys to plan the wedding for. I don't know about the full out butterfly theme, but if you all want to volunteer as a team to pick out colors and flowers and stuff, then I'm game. We can even incorporate *some* butterflies :razz:

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I fully acknowledge that the swarm of insects thing is my own personal hang-up :twirl: I also find cakes covered in flowers a little yucky, which I know makes me weird!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
KA|1320416069|3053813 said:
I'll volunteer for you guys to plan the wedding for. I don't know about the full out butterfly theme, but if you all want to volunteer as a team to pick out colors and flowers and stuff, then I'm game. We can even incorporate *some* butterflies :razz:

Budget, date of wedding, location and pictures of ceremony and reception site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results