shape
carat
color
clarity

Building a sapphire ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lindsay

Rough_Rock
Hello Londonblue et al,

I am trying to design nearly the same ring, and I''m having the same problems! After 3 months of searching, I finally found a lovely cushion cut sapphire through my ring designer. It has a 5.2mm diameter.

I''m having a hard time deciding what size diamonds to use in the halo and the band. Have you picked a diamond size yet? At my designer''s suggestion I picked 1mm diamonds, but my halo and band look pretty thick in the wax mold....far thicker than the Legacy and Daniel K rings that I tried on. The halo width now is at 1.8 mm, and my designer says that its physically impossible to make that smaller. Does anyone know if that is true? Do you know what a reasonable halo mm width is? And, do you know how thin the halo can get and still look ok?

Best of luck with your sapphire search and ring designing process! I''ve used a lot of patience in my 4-month-and-counting ring design process. I only wish that I found this forum sooner!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindsay I''m fairly sure you can go thinner than 1.8mm... but it may be impossible for your jeweler to go thinner than that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results