shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget Beauty''s...Lets see ''em !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock

Vix, that''s a fireball alright! Very, very nice diamond.

This is my 1.10 oval, reset from a white gold pendant into a rose gold lucida setting. The stone (in it''s originally pendant) was from a B&M here in Scotland and the ring setting was done by DBL last year. Pendant + re-setting into pink gold cost just under £1k, which is just under $2K US. The stone was reduced from £3k (I eyeballed it weekly at that price) to £800 (I grabbed it at that price) and I''m still trying to figure out what''s wrong with it! I can''t remember the specs, but it''s eyeclean (I think SI2) and white. It was my lifetime lucky find, I think!

Anyway, point is that it was well under $3k, even allowing for having it put into a new setting. I wear it with a 2mm plain 14kt rose gold band that I got on ebay for £25 as an alternative wedding set sometimes.

ovalinrosegoldbydblsized.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Handshot. Shrek fingers - 7.5 but getting bigger by the minute as my pregnancy progresses!

sdkfjoiwUTAERDFN.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Original incarnation as a pendant. I liked it, but this particular stone seems to be much happier and sparkle more now that it''s out of its bezel. Not sure why. I can''t leave things alone, is my trouble. I''m thinking it should move on into a halo soon...

Jen

ovalpendantinbezelbeforesetting.JPG

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Mine too! .73ct I/SI1 in white gold, about $2500.
Everyone''s rings are so beautifull!

sarasset.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I really love that look - smooth band on an ering paired with an eternity band. Beautiful rings!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous bling, all of them!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here's my budget beauty: .50ct EX/G-SI1 with .26ctw EX/G-VS2 marquise sides stones in a 14k WG/palladium setting, size 4.5. It cost us $2800 CAD (with the exchange rate of the time about $2400 USD).

IMG_16442.JPG

Close-up
Photoanchor310133copy1.jpg

With the w-band (the set went up to $3100 CAD).
3stoneplusband.jpg

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Anchor,

Thats a terrific set you have there! VERY white, and the band goes great with your ering.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, a halo would be gorgeous on that oval Mrs. Mitchell!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 2:44:13 AM
Author: captainobvious
Anchor,

Thats a terrific set you have there! VERY white, and the band goes great with your ering.
Thanks, Cap! Are you looking for a ring or do you have a budget beauty to show off yourself?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a hand shot as I don''t have a digital camera. But this is my e-ring. Can''t take credit for the photo, this was Alj''s amazing photo skills.

1 ct exact, F color, SI1. The stone was about $2200 I think (even though we looked at it together, DH didn''t want me to know the actual price) The plain setting is yellow gold, platinum prongs, $80. Ring size 8.

12-29-07%.jpg

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
GRRRR- I can''t post it for some reason. But there is a pic of it in the Boston GTG thread in Hangout.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2008 2:20:46 AM
Author: Vix
And in another plug for seeking out older stones/settings....

Long story semi-short, when my sister visited me last summer she fell in love with an antique setting/OEC stone and ended up trading in her (rather bulky setting/chain store stone) for it. The vintage ring''s selling price was ~ 3K, give or take some negotiation -- though she did a trade in and paid out some cash.

I finally got a few decent shots of it when we overlapped during the holiday -- it''s def a warmer stone than many would like, but like many old cuts it tends to face up well. The cut is *miles* better than her old stone -- it''s a fireball -- and the .88 center looks bigger than her former center did despite being a bit smaller. [She''s a 6.5 -7 ring size]

[Not to mention that IMO the platinum setting is beautifully fluid and much more flattering on her finger than her prior one! I love the triple-claw prongs.]
Absolutely love it! I would gladly trade my 1.5 RB for a 1carat transition cut. They are the best IMHO.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I bought this .94ct oval diamond on ebay for $400 or so in a yellow gold mounting, then bought the platinum Scott Kay ring for $300, and paid around $100 to have the ring sized and the stone set. The platinum and diamond band was just under $1,000, so total set was $1,800 or so.

jewelry004.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
A few months later I hit my hand on a filing cabinet and put a nice fracture in the diamond, so I had it carefully remounted into this pendant for $250.

pendant014.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wow mustanggal! you def. got a deal!!!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if the stone had issues before, since I cracked it pretty easily, but $400 still won''t get you a "frozen spit" diamond this size, so I''ll just keep it safe around my neck instead.

I never thought I''d be wearing a diamond this big in a pendant!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Cool pendant...is it a custom setting or a shelf setting?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
So many pretties for good prices!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results