shape
carat
color
clarity

Bubblegum pink tourmaline set and some pastels

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I like the double prongs! Look nice and secure ;-) You really are so good about setting your pretties, something for me to aspire to!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
My first reaction to your pink tourmaline was all about the prongs, but now that I''ve looked at the photos awhile, I know that it''s not nearly so distracting in person. I really like the color, and hope you post some more photos - a little farther away this time, like the distance of the gem box in the hand shot. Also, I''m curious about your bubblegum pink description - I see quite a bit of purple in most shots, something I wouldn''t attribute to bubblegum. Maybe I''m chewing something different, lol. Regardless, your stones are thrilling to look at, and wow, your photos aren''t too shabby either.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 6:38:03 PM
Author: cellentani
My first reaction to your pink tourmaline was all about the prongs, but now that I've looked at the photos awhile, I know that it's not nearly so distracting in person. I really like the color, and hope you post some more photos - a little farther away this time, like the distance of the gem box in the hand shot. Also, I'm curious about your bubblegum pink description - I see quite a bit of purple in most shots, something I wouldn't attribute to bubblegum. Maybe I'm chewing something different, lol. Regardless, your stones are thrilling to look at, and wow, your photos aren't too shabby either.

Thank you Cellentani,
I didn't realize I was using a metaphor to describe the color since we so often use metaphors when describing gem color. It sometimes skips my mind. I consider the color a pink with a violet secondary. Here's a far away shot. The reason I don't do that many far away shots is that when I shrink the photos, the color also gets less saturated. I therefore crop the unshrunken image from the entire photo to retain the color. When I think bubblegum, my mind thinks of a pink with a violet secondary. However, that's the problem with metaphors, one person's "bubblegum" isn't another's. If you search on "bubblegum color" in the images on google, I think this color best describes my gem, although my camera isn't very good with pink stones. I have some really saturated Bob Kast pink tourmalines, and it washes them out as well.

http://nickysnicknacks.com/images/ink-color-bubblegum.gif

TLbubblegumshotfaraway.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 7:51:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Thank you Cellentani,
I didn''t realize I was using a metaphor to describe the color since we so often use metaphors when describing gem color. It sometimes skips my mind. I consider the color a pink with a violet secondary. Here''s a far away shot. The reason I don''t do that many far away shots is that when I shrink the photos, the color also gets less saturated. I therefore crop the unshrunken image from the entire photo to retain the color. When I think bubblegum, my mind thinks of a pink with a violet secondary. However, that''s the problem with metaphors, one person''s ''bubblegum'' isn''t another''s. If you search on ''bubblegum color'' in the images on google, I think this color best describes my gem, although my camera isn''t very good with pink stones. I have some really saturated Bob Kast pink tourmalines, and it washes them out as well.

http://nickysnicknacks.com/images/ink-color-bubblegum.gif
I like this last shot MUCH better, but I see what you mean about the colors being more washed out. What editing software are you using? I use picasa - it''s not as sophisticated as photoshop, but it''s free, very user friendly, and does a surprisingly good job.

Thanks for the bubblegum color link - as I suspected, you and I don''t chew the same thing, lol. I picture gum being a more soft pink without the violet secondary, so your point of reference is very helpful. I don''t see too many tourmalines in this color, so great find!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellantani,
My idea of bubble gum is also a light soft pink.
9.gif

TL,
I too prefer the faraway shot as it also helps give a perspective of size and overall appearance. Now then...where are the profile pictures?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
Thanks. I use old fashioned Microsoft windows paintbrush to crop and resize. It's archaic, but it gets the job done.
2.gif
I actually don't like bubblegum, so maybe that's the problem. LOL!

Thanks again Chrono, I'll get some profile pics when my camera battery recharges.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sleepy, I''m sorry missed your post since it was on the bottom of the first page. Yes, have to get more settings, but I keep buying gems instead!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, profile pics.

TLbgtourmaline_profile1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TLbgtourmaline_profile2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium