shape
carat
color
clarity

BTDT: the Rodney Dangerfield thread

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
"I don't get no respect!"

I'm getting really tired of being low man on the totem pole in this family!! I have to get everyone else fed, dressed, taken care of before I can ever consider what my needs are. Either that or I am the person who somehow magically knows were everything is located. "Mom, where is the ketchup?" It's in the refrigerator where it always is, but they cannot see it until I get up from whatever I was doing and stand beside them. Then their eyes magically open and they can SEE!!!

I'm going to be spending the rest of my life taking care of someone's needs. When is someone going to take care of mine?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe when you are in a nursing home :lol: OMG I so understand where you are coming from, I live in a houseful of men/boys and believe me I dont get any respect/help unless I am screaming at them :o hope your day gets better!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez..if I get going on this subject I fear I might never shut up.

When my MIL was in the nursing home and she used to call and screech at me about how horrible it was and I would never understand what it was like to be in a "place like this" etc etc, I remember finally just laughing at her (tho that didn't really help the situation of course!). So..let's see, you have a tv and YOU get to choose what to watch, and you can watch WHENEVER you want. You could watch a movie or tv. You can go to a movie in the theater. You could put a puzzle together, do crosswords or word jumbles, go for a walk, visit, don't have to cook, but if you wanted to make cookies or lasagna or whatever, you can, you don't have to clean, don't have to pick up after anyone, you could write letters, scrapbook, do crafts, get on the internet, have someone pick you up to go shopping, read a book, hang out in the library, get your nails done, get your hair done...bwahahaha ok, ya got me, I'm sure it's horrible to be told you have to take your pills and meals are at certain times but whatever, sign my ass up.

JD hollers at the kids to "Quit treating your mom like that, she's not the maid"...while I'm busy picking up his socks and underwear off the floor and trying to figure out if his clothes on the dresser are clean or dirty, hanging up his coat, putting away his shoes, cleaning up after his supper from the night before when he got off work, throwing away the dirty q-tips he couldn't be bothered to throw away after he cleaned his ears and just left on the living room end table for me, sweeping up his fingernail clippings from the bathroom sink I just cleaned the day before, dumping the deep fat fryer grease that had been sitting in the kitchen for 3 weeks after he promised every day he would take care of it, finding his coat that he can't find in the closet that I just got done hanging up not 2 minutes ago that he insists is not in there but yet somehow..here it is honey, putting away the roaster he said he would put away after she who is not the maid cleaned up all the thanksgiving things and he insisted it was too hard for me to get back into the cupboard and after 5 hours I figured I'd do it myself.

Whew, it's a good thing I'm not the maid. Actually, I *can't* be the maid, b/c the maid wouldn't be the one to get up w/the kids in the middle of the night when they're sick or have nightmares regardless if I have to work the next day or if *I* happen to be sick myself. I'm the nanny/maid. We'll not discuss a few years ago all 4 of us coming down w/influenza A, and I took care of all of us myself and cooked and cleaned and studied for my insurance exam, AND took it AND passed it.

Uppy, I can totally promise you that when I win the lottery, we're getting a bunch of us together and we're going away for something fun and relaxing, like a spa week or something, and it will be a yearly thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results