clarity

BTDT -- Sex after 50???!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for ladies of a certain age to discuss libido or lack thereof

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not over 50 but I have no libido. I blame the hormones.. again!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I blame the fact that my body looks like it's made of old silly putty, all discolored from newsprint, and sagging down to the ground!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
For me it is not loss of libido, but being tired much of the time. I will say this, in the past month things have vastly improved :naughty:

I have always tried to be a healthy eater, but after the arrythmia problems I have stepped it up even more. I swear making these dietary changes have made a difference in how I have been feeling lately.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
If you used to have a healty libido and now it's gone (and you aren't experiencing some life crisis) then it is HORMONES and it's not your loss of estrogen (that causes dryness, but not loss of libido) it's LOSS OF TESTOSTERONE... yes ladies, we have testosterone too.... no where near as much as men (thank gawd) but we have it, and it's what drives our libido....

There are some good books out there, but my first good GYN, who was also an endocronologist, explained all of this to me... he was wonderful. What he suggested for me to try before I tried HRT testosterone supplementation, was to start taking 25mg of DHEA. It is a hormonal precurser and can sometimes increase your testosterone level by itself... please ladies, find a GOOD gyn and discuss this with her/him. If they poo poo you, find another one... I've had two good gyns (men, somewhat surprisingly) out of several lousy ones and the last one I had to pay for out of my pocket because my HMO wouldn't even DO hormone testing.

Now I have a lovely naturalpathic MD who gladly ran hormone blood tests for me earlier this year, and my levels are right where they are supposed to be. But please don't start the DHEA on your own without talking to your doc... it's available OTC, but that doesn't mean you should start doctoring yourself.

I've been at this HRT thing for over 8 years and with the help of some good docs, I know what I need and what I don't, but it took a lot to get here.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
As far as your title "Sex after 50???!!!" OH Yah!!!!!! :appl: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never had a very high sex drive. But I blame that on being miserable. These days I wish I could enjoy sex but its my fat body that stops me. I hate the way I look. This weight came on over the last two years and I look like this now..

Michelin_Man.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have the same problem as maisie - i have been on weight watchers for some time and have lost a bit of weight, but no where near where i want to be. my husband tries to understand, but i haven't had a good sex drive in a long time -- i also have been on anti-depressant/anxiety meds for a couple of years and i know that doesn't help. I wish i could fix it. any suggestions would be very helpful!

edit: i'm sorry i threadjacked this thread - i'm 34, and didn't mean to intrude, but i was interested in the topic - thanks!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
violet3|1290028649|2770344 said:
i have the same problem as maisie - i have been on weight watchers for some time and have lost a bit of weight, but no where near where i want to be. my husband tries to understand, but i haven't had a good sex drive in a long time -- i also have been on anti-depressant/anxiety meds for a couple of years and i know that doesn't help. I wish i could fix it. any suggestions would be very helpful!

edit: i'm sorry i threadjacked this thread - i'm 34, and didn't mean to intrude, but i was interested in the topic - thanks!

Do you struggle to lose weight or to get into the right mind set to stick to it? My problem is the latter. :blackeye:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
violet3 and Maisie: If by any chance you're taking an SSRI, some of them are notorious for causing weight gain. Something it might be worth asking your doctor about. Although a lot of times general practitioners don't know all that much about anti-depressants, even though they are quick to prescribe them.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1290040016|2770656 said:
violet3 and Maisie: If by any chance you're taking an SSRI, some of them are notorious for causing weight gain. Something it might be worth asking your doctor about. Although a lot of times general practitioners don't know all that much about anti-depressants, even though they are quick to prescribe them.

Yes, I think I am on SSRI anti depressants. I have gained around 84lbs in two years. And I am really miserable about it. I wish I had never started taking them, but they make a real difference to my every day life.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine is RUSTED... ;(

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1290041354|2770704 said:
mine is RUSTED... ;(

Oh no!

Surely there must be some kind of rustoleum you can use?

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Maisie|1290025244|2770260 said:
I have never had a very high sex drive. But I blame that on being miserable. These days I wish I could enjoy sex but its my fat body that stops me. I hate the way I look. This weight came on over the last two years and I look like this now..

Gee Maisie, I think you look cute. Kind of huggable, with a cute smile!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JillyC|1290042260|2770727 said:
mine is RUSTED... ;(

Oh no!

WD-40... ;))

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1290043060|2770752 said:
JillyC|1290042260|2770727 said:
mine is RUSTED... ;(

Oh no!

WD-40... ;))

I'm fairly sure I shouldn't go here, but..... Well....good.....yes....that could take care of a lot of problems........I guess...........there might, however, be better choices?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
JillyC|1290042366|2770734 said:
Maisie|1290025244|2770260 said:

Gee Maisie, I think you look cute. Kind of huggable, with a cute smile!!

Well thank you very much :bigsmile: What a nice thing to say!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to like it..but that was years ago..when I was lean and 6packy and looked hot. Now..I'm squishy and jiggly and tired. I feel like the maid nobody thinks about-"meh, I'll take my dirty socks off and throw them right in the middle of the living room floor. Missi will pick them up" He works 2nd shift and I'm up early w/the kids, and the one who is up w/them at night if need be. I used to try and stay up for him, or to set my alarm and get up for him but you know what? That's hard and it's also a little ridiculous. Now I have to listen to the comments "My wife doesn't like me anymore" "My wife doesn't want to have sex with me anymore". But you know, no comments about how hard it is for me to stay up until Midnight/2am and then get up w/the kids in the middle of the night plus get up and stay up, early in the morning. Or to go to bed at 10, set my alarm to my best guess to when he'll be home, and spend time w/him, then go back to bed and then get up again when Trapper crawls into bed w/us and then go back to sleep and then get up again to get London ready for school. I do everything I can to make sure he gets enough sleep, while I limp along, sometimes for days w/only a few hours a night. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results