shape
carat
color
clarity

Brushed or polished finsh for a men''s wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
DF wants a very plain platinum band, like this: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/platcf4linfo.html. Should I get him the brushed or polished finish? He has no preference.

Also, what''s the typical width for a men''s wedding band? We''re debating between 4mm and 5mm. He''s 5''10'''' and 170 lbs with a size 8.5 finger if that makes a difference. :)

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I say brushed. Personally, I think it covers up scratches better/makes them less noticable.

DHs ring is brushed platinum and hes been pretty hard on it... close up it looks like its been run over by a Mack truck, at a distance it looks fine. Hopefully he will let me take it to get polished for our aniv!

ETA: Ring width -- has he tried on the different widths? That may make a differnce to him, finger real estate wise and weight wise (more plat, more weight).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like brushed better too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for brushed.
1.gif
My DH has a brushed plain platinum band and he''s pretty hard on it....it still looks great. Aesthetically, I think non-shiny bands on a man''s hand are more pleasing to the eye. Just my two cents.

If you pick brushed, over time (like, MANY years) it''ll eventually become buffed to a shinier finish...but no biggie, you can get it re-matted again for very little money.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my FI is 6'' and tried on various widths. the one best for him was a 6 mm band. 5mm seemed too thin and girly and 7mm seemed to thick and bulky. he has about a size 9 finger. i would suggest going to look in jewelry stores. it''s so classic they''ll have that band so he can try it on to see what works for him. maybe he''ll even figure out if he likes shiney or brushed better once he puts them on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results