shape
carat
color
clarity

Brunch ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Our team at work is having a breakfast/brunch get together. Does anyone have any lovely recipes to share?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi pinkflamingo!
35.gif

If you would like to do something involving fruit, I like to do a basket full of fruit kabobs! I know it sounds silly but it is a hit every time I make one. You just need some bamboo skewers, a head of lettuce or cabbage, a 10-12 inch basket (you can find them at a craft store or party store if you want a seasonal one), and various fruits like strawberries, canteloupe, honeydew, grapes (red and green), even raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries, oh, and fresh pineapple! You just cut up the fruits into bite size pieces and skewer them, leaving a few inches on the bottom of the skewer so you can poke it into the lettuce/cabbage. It looks like a bouquet of flowers when it''s finished! It''s always a healthy and easy treat for brunches or buffets.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH! I love that idea! :) :) :) It sounds beautiful!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Monarch--love the fruit kabob idea!

Baked Apple French Toast

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
3-5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced
8 oz cream cheese
12 slices of firm bread, cut into cubes
8 eggs
4 cups milk
2 Tbsp vanilla
cinnamon sugar

Instructions:In a skillet, melt butter with sugar and water. Add apples and cook 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish, 13 by 9 inches or larger. (I use a slightly larger pan, so that it doesn’t bubble over). Cut the cream cheese into cubes and arrange over the apples. Top evenly with the bread cubes Beat eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over the bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (may vary slightly with the oven). Let stand 15 minutes before serving.Serves 9 generously.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock

fruit kabobs-great idea

1.gif

apple french toast mmmmm

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am totally gonna do those fruit kebobs next time!!!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
This one is always a hit, especially with kiddos:

Fruit Pizza

sugar cookie dough (either from scratch or premade)
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
1 cup cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar
your favorite fruits (I love it with sliced strawberries, kiwi, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and cantaloupe)

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Press cookie dough onto round cookie sheet like you would pizza dough.
Bake according to directions or until dough is golden on the edges.
Set "pizza" crust aside to cool.

Meanwhile, with mixer blend together the cream cheese, cool whip and powdered sugar.
Refrigerate until "pizza" crust is cool.

While crust is cooling, slice your fruit.

Once crust is cool, cover with a nice even layer of the cream cheese icing. Top in a decorate pattern with the fruit.

Serve chilled. SO GOOD!
It is easy and good.
You can make it with low-fat ingredients too if you like.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Can you serve any alcohol? If so, I got this idea from someone on PS a couple months ago for a bellini-fied mimosa:

put a frozen sliced peach in the bottom of a champagne glass
pour mimosa mixture over it and serve

This was a big hit at my bridal shower in March. No one got tipsy, it was just kinda "fancy" and fun.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm, I love that fruit pizza! When we had dept. mgr. meetings at another company I worked for a few years ago, one gal would bring fruit pizza on her assigned Monday...it was always a huge hit.

Last time we had a "potluck" at my current workplace I brought the fruit kebobs and even the non-health-conscious men absolutely loved them! Fresh fruit and veggies are all about presentation...if you stick them on a big platter with dip in the middle it seems like no one really eats them and you''re stuck with leftovers, but stick them on some skewers or a "pizza" crust and everyone goes "OH! FANTASTIC!!!"
2.gif
9.gif
I wonder if you put peas on toothpicks would children want to eat them??? I don''t have kids yet, but I think I''ll try it, lol!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
definitely no alcohol at this brunch.. we will be at work when it happens! I could make some kind of virgin drink though, right? It would be fun to bring a blender!!
I am definitely going to bring the fruit basket! that is just so cute!
How do you refrigerate it? just put the fruit filled skewers on a plate and assemble it in the morning?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
is there a kitchen on site or do you have to prepare in anvance and transport?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
menu:
fresh fruit in season
eggs benedict
orange juice - cranberry juice

equipment:
hot plate or stove
frying pan
saucepan
microwave oven
spatula or slotted spoon, ladle
cups paper plates cutlery napkins

Night before:
toast english muffins in oven at home and pack
pack canadian bacon, raw eggs, and orange juice in cooler
make up a large quantity of hollandaise (knorr swiss), put in tupperware and put in cooler
do whatever you are going to do with the fruit

On site:
poach eggs in water with a dash of vinegar
heat saucepan of hollandaise

assembly:
warm muffins and ham in microwave
top with a poached eggs and sauce
serve with salt and pepper

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
menu

croissants from sams with homemade chicken salad
marinated vegetables and artichoke hearts
curried red potato salad
punch

homemade chicken salad variations:
cook up some boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut off any yicky bits, chop up fine
mix with mayonnaise and seasonings, apples and walnuts, anything you want to throw in

steam/boil some red potatoes. drain, cool. chop up some green onion.
mix up some mayo with some curry powder. toss all togther. this is really good served hot also.

marinated vegetables
celery asparagus green peppers onions veg in season. toss with marinated atrichoke hearts and add some italian dressing of your choice. soak overnight. drain and serve pretty with cherry tomatoes.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2006 9:20:04 AM
Author: pinkflamingo
definitely no alcohol at this brunch.. we will be at work when it happens! I could make some kind of virgin drink though, right? It would be fun to bring a blender!!
I am definitely going to bring the fruit basket! that is just so cute!
How do you refrigerate it? just put the fruit filled skewers on a plate and assemble it in the morning?
Last time I made one, I just washed and cut up all the fruit and put it in separate bowls in the fridge. I got up about 30 minutes earlier than usual the next morning and assembled it all then. You could definitely assemble the skewers and refrigerate overnight. One thing to think about is car transport--you might want to find a box big enough/tall enough to put the whole thing in before you drive around with it, especially if you have upholstered seats that could get stained! If you could stick the skewers in once you get to work it would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results