shape
carat
color
clarity

Brrrrrrrrrr. Canadian Style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I like Uggs and Crocs, on NON-adults! I think they look cute in smaller sizes, on young children...especially those crocs. I mean, really... what is so attractive about a man with size 10 feet in a pair of bright orange crocs..ICK!! Now I see they have winterized crocs, or rubber shoes with fuzzy stuff attached. I know that whomever invented the darn things is now a millionaire, but I don''t see anything attractive about those shoes, unless you''re occupation is "Gardener"! Sorry if I''m getting off topic, from weather to footwear!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2008 11:57:03 AM
Author: lyra

Date: 1/28/2008 11:20:15 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Beau - how cold is it in Ontario this week????
Here in the banana belt it''s a sweltering +4/-2.
41.gif
HI:

Trade ya. Downright balmy!
emhot.gif

cheers--Sharon

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I''d chime in that it''s only -2C and it''s friggin'' cold here in BC. We''re still expecting more snow this week. We had some yesterday in the outlining areas but with the overnight freezing temperatures, it''s a skating rink out there.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
You guys are making me homesick!
8.gif

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 1:20:36 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
You guys are making me homesick!
8.gif

What part of Canada do you hail from? I''m jealous that you''re in NYC!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I'm from Toronto, Ontario. Heard they had some cold weather there last week.

I thought NY would be cold too, but it's been fairly mild. Last week, we had one coldish day - very tolerable by Canadian standards - I mean, I didn't even need a Tuque, but was warned up and down by the doorman that it was horrible outside.

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 1:34:57 PM
I mean, I didn''t even need a Tuque, but was warned up and down by the doorman that it was horrible outside.

Everything''s relative, I guess!!
35.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 1:40:05 PM
Author: bem3231

Date: 1/28/2008 1:34:57 PM
I mean, I didn''t even need a Tuque, but was warned up and down by the doorman that it was horrible outside.

Everything''s relative, I guess!!
35.gif
So true!
Was in Hamilton over the weekend to watch some hockey (like a good Canadian
9.gif
) and people were walking around clutching scarves over their faces and my husband, kids and I were like "It feels like spring here!!" (I`m from way up in Northern Ontario and our winters are really cold).

But today for a change it`s -1 (Celcius). But in a few days we will get hit with Alberta`s cold spell... we always do!
11.gif

Cachette

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oohh yay more calgarians!!! i can''t really call myself one, i just moved there in december and have since been shipped to chicago for the entire month of january. but yay im so happy to see more people from calgary! i knew about canuk-gal, but hi litigatorchick and bem3231!!!

i was pretty disappointed in being shipped out to chicago since until now calgary has been much warmer. but chicago is finally catching that warm spell you guys had last week, its a balmy +5C here right now at 11pm!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 12:01:23 AM
Author: karasue91
oohh yay more calgarians!!! i can''t really call myself one, i just moved there in december and have since been shipped to chicago for the entire month of january. but yay im so happy to see more people from calgary! i knew about canuk-gal, but hi litigatorchick and bem3231!!!

35.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any more of us???
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara91 hails from here but is living abroad. She pops in once in a while. There have been some fellas from around this area, but have purchased an ER, and not stayed to "chat".

How did everyone tolerate yesterday? MY "Spa" day was 4 hours and I wonderred if the import would start....but it did. No place to plug it in. MY DH has lovely heated underground parking DT-- I never had such luck when I worked. At any rate, I am glad I didn''t see anyone driving yesterday with their extension cord still attached to the car......

Stay warm and safe people.

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the snow is gone today.
38.gif
This means muddy feet on 2 dogs, several times a day. argh.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2008 9:44:23 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Mara91 hails from here but is living abroad. She pops in once in a while.
cheers--Sharon
HI:

Sorry, meant Mara54. Weather has frozen my brain.....
37.gif

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I survived yesterday. Oh, who am I kidding, I spent 5 hours at the spa!!! I was in heaven yesterday.

But today, I am looking out my office window, and it looks cold. I think the river has now frozen over. YIKES!!!

Loving the underground parking at work. I go from garage to underground parking, and then never leave the indoors all day!!!

But I guess my baby (yes, my 19 month old) went outside yesterday. We get home, and the driveway is shovelled. I figured it was the nice neighbour. NOOOO, my nanny got ambitious, bundled up the little man, and they went outside!!! She said he had a blast, and our front yard is very shelted from the wind, so it probably wasn''t that bad.
23.gif
. So if a baby can do it, so can you!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
We got 20cm of snow overnight and it''s still snowing. It''s around -2C right now. It was quite hairy at work and coming home at 1:30am. No plows or salt trucks around.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from a week in the Dominican Republic, where I happily missed all this craptastic weather, but I can''t lie...my body is NOT adjusting well!! I''m sick with a cold and chest infection!
7.gif

boo hoo. Thats what I get for trying to outsmart the Canadian winter
2.gif

PS. I''m in the Tdot.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you are sick Mela Lu. It is VERY freakin cold and windy out today for sure! Well, when you feel better next week, wanna hop a plane and go somewhere hot and sunny again?
28.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 3:25:42 PM
Author: beau13
Sorry to hear you are sick Mela Lu. It is VERY freakin cold and windy out today for sure! Well, when you feel better next week, wanna hop a plane and go somewhere hot and sunny again?
28.gif
ya ya ya ya ya! I''m SO there!
emteeth.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who live in Saskatchewan. I heard the heartbreaking news of a one year old and three year old, found frozen in the snow, and wondered if anyone had details as to how on earth that happened? I mean, I heard the father was treated for frostbite, and when he asked how his children were, police went searching and found the 3 yr old frozen to death yesterday and the search continued today for the one year old (found frozen to death as well). The temp was about -48 with the windchill they said, and the children were wearing nothing but a diaper and a t-shirt? What the heck were they doing outside like that? Any clue? That''s a terrible, tragic story!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 7:15:47 PM
Author: beau13
For those of you who live in Saskatchewan. I heard the heartbreaking news of a one year old and three year old, found frozen in the snow, and wondered if anyone had details as to how on earth that happened? I mean, I heard the father was treated for frostbite, and when he asked how his children were, police went searching and found the 3 yr old frozen to death yesterday and the search continued today for the one year old (found frozen to death as well). The temp was about -48 with the windchill they said, and the children were wearing nothing but a diaper and a t-shirt? What the heck were they doing outside like that? Any clue? That''s a terrible, tragic story!!
I heard that story on the news as well. It just makes me sick to hear these things.

In this case, the father was just going about 400 metres across to his relative''s home. He figured he did not need to bundle up the kids, so just wrapped them in some blankets.

Unfortunately, the father was heavily intoxicated and for some reason, got confused, and the tragedy followed. A link to the full story is here....
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080130.wsaskgirl0130/BNStory/National/home

Unfortunately, they are not uncommon each winter in these deep freeze temperatures. As well, there are some serious problems on First Nations reserves with alcohol abuse. A combination of these 2 factors appears to have lead to this tragedy.

This just breaks my heart.
7.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, thanks Litigator. It breaks my heart too! Very sad indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results