shape
carat
color
clarity

Brrr...My babies needed inexpensive jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debhew

Rough_Rock
Yeah!! I finally have jackets too!! After admiring all of the gorgeous micropave halo diamond jackets here on PS, I''d been wanting a pair myself but didn''t want to spend alot on them. I was so hesitant but decided to give it a shot and ordered these from jewelrydays.com. Boy, am I glad I did. They were $350 including tax & shipping!!(I asked if I could get a new customer discount and they were very sweet about it and gave me 10% off).

Although the item description states the jacket fits a stud between 1/2 to 1 ct, my studs are 1 ct each and the jacket looks like its custom made for it. I wish I had a 1/2 ct. stud so I could see how that would look but I don''t. I''ll post a picture of the profile too as I love how the martini setting fits snug into the jacket and doesn''t protrude too much. Sadly, the jackets have now fueled the jewelry fire and I''m on a new quest for morganite studs, sapphire studs, etc....
8.gif
It never ends!!

earrings with jackets2.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Comparing with and without jacket

earrings with jacket compare.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock

earrings with jackets profile.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow Debhew!
They look fantastic! Perfect size for your studs--
36.gif

I''m on the hunt for jackets too, but I need octagons for princess cuts--so hard to find! I''m waiting to hear back from a ton of vendors.
No, it never ends
3.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earring jackets just make studs POP! Your studs look so much bigger snuggled inside their new jackets. Beautiful!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
really beautiful and they look LOTS more expensive!!!!! Enjoy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really like the way those look and the price is certainly appealing! They look like they fit your stones perfectly, so my only question would be how they could possibly work with 1/2 carat stones.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those jackets look amazing with your studs
30.gif
Any ear shots?

I love how you stacked the rings as well
30.gif
I think we need some close-up of those as well!

debhew

Rough_Rock
I wish so badly I had a 1/2 ct stud to stick in it to see how it would look. Oddly enough, the jackets come with empty 4 prong martini 14Kt WG earring mountings that they stick inside the jacket(they must be 2 ctw mountings though as each mounting fills up the entire jacket just like my studs). I plan on buying a pair of gemstones to make use of these empty mountings (with the price of gold nowadays, that was such a great little bonus). I''m going to a jewelry store tomorrow and will try and take a picture of a 1/2 ct in the jacket. I''m almost positive that WF makes a jacket for a 1/2ct stone that is almost the same price as these so for 1 ctw studs, this jacket is not such a great savings. For 2 ctw stud jackets, this jacket is significantly less $ than everything I had priced (although much less diamond weight as well but I only wanted a thin micropave bezel). I would love to actually get to see what their yellow sapphire halo jackets look like in person.
3.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous gorgeous jackets! I''m sooooo loving the look.
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, very pretty. Congratulations.

debhew

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words - I just love PS!!! I took one ear shot but I''ve come to realize that I might possibly be the world''s worst photographer. I don''t know how I can photograph something so full of sparkle and it can turn out looking dull??
20.gif

jackets in ears.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! Congratulations and wear in good health!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Your earrings and jackets are gorgeous! What a marked size difference w and w/o the jackets!
23.gif

Can''t wait to see the sapphire ... morganite etc studs as well!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results