shape
carat
color
clarity

Broadway Proposal?

lulzano

Rough_Rock
I''ve been bouncing ideas around for a while now for the girl I love. She loves NYC and she loves musicals. She isn''t expecting a proposal (but will say yes) and I am taking her to see Wicked this summer after I graduate from my current school (I am a submariner in the US Navy).

We are going to spend the day in the city. I''ll be in my dress whites all day. I think it would be perfect if I could somehow manage to accomplish this involving the musical. Intermission or at the end? I really am clueless.

Anyway, I am here to ask for advice. Would this be a good idea? Does anyone know if this is feasible? I don''t want to waste time thinking of this if it won''t happen due to the show and/or theater. Any opinions or advice is appreciated.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
It''d be great in the lobby or on the sidewalk a few minutes after the show when everyon has cleared out.

But...if you call the theater they be be able to arrange something on stage at intermission, or a backstage tour.

Us theater people can be pretty dramatic and romantic
2.gif
you never know unless you ask...(plus it might get them some good press:)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes call ahead and see what they can do...otherwise i think if you prepare something after the show that would be a great ending to a great day! maybe have some flowers and/or champagne ready :)

lulzano

Rough_Rock
Thank you two for your encouragement. Today I have spoken to several people and managed arrange something. We will get a backstage tour after the show during which the tour guide will "be needed" somewhere for a moment to allow me to propose. I''m excited about it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that sounds perfect! good luck!

OMG! I am the biggest fan of Wicked, it is truly the most amazing show i have ever seen on the face of the planet! That night is going to be the best night of her life! Congratulations and good luck!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds really fun and special. Good luck!

Captain Ice

Rough_Rock
If you call the management company for the show directly you should be able to work something out to possibly incorporate it in the show? I have seen things to this nature. I live in NY and have seen crazier things than that:)

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I love Wicked! Definitely do it afterwards--the musical is too expensive and too wonderful to miss it/stop paying attention to it over a silly proposal! I'm kidding!

Love that you are going to do something backstage...private and yet still really special.

jthompson

Rough_Rock
So what happened? Did you propose? Please share.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results