shape
carat
color
clarity

Brittany Murphy died...she was 32

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That`s terrible. I really liked her.
8.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to say the first thing I thought when I heard the news was: cardiac arrest=drug OD. It''s sad no matter what happened though. 32 is very young.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 6:37:07 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
rollin'' with the homies!!!!

sad
7.gif

Love this quote!!! She was too cute in Clueless!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
rollin' with the homies!!!!

sad
7.gif
I loved her in this.

so sad
7.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Soooo SO sad and tragic.
39.gif

I haven''t a clue about her personal life or what could have contributed to her death, but regardless - that is so sad and she was so young
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What sad news. The last thing I would have expected to read here on PS tonight. I liked her.
7.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 9:38:44 PM
Author: Bia

rollin'' with the homies!!!!

sad
7.gif

I loved her in this.

so sad
7.gif

me too - so sad and so young which just makes it doubly tragic
7.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I also read that her husband said he would not have an autopsy done. How would anyone ever really know without an autopsy? I also didn''t know that there was an option in a case like this.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
re: the autopsy I''m not surprised. It seems the exception rather than the rule to have an autopsy. Basically unless the police think a crime was involved, they are not going to do an autopsy. If the family wants it done they will have to pay for it (and why do that when you know the results will be splashed across the tabloids?).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t believe there is an option. I read that the state or county was pursuing an autopsy.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
This is very sad. In one way I''m shocked, and in another not terribly surprised... but my heart still aches none-the-less. Clueless was such a cute part of my teens - and her character was so memorable. I remember at the time thinking that she was the fat friend on the show- and now looking back - realize she wasn''t at all - she just had a rounder face and was a perfectly healthy young girl.

Then I don''t recall seeing her again until the Michael Douglass thriller Don''t Say a word, when she was much MUCH thinner - that I barely recognized her. Then she just EXPLODED... and was in everything for awhile. It seems she did get a lot of attention for her new figure - or just the fact that she grew out of her baby fat. I''m sure it was difficult to be known as the fat friend during the formative years - just as people were pretty cruel to Alicia Silverstone for her role as "fat girl" aka batgirl.

Sometimes I do wonder what hollywood does to the fragile self esteem of their actors/actresses in that they only receive validation from external indicators. I hope that this was not the cause for her heart attack... and do hope that whatever reason that she passed - whether it be from life choices, or just being her time, unless foul play was involved- no autopsy performed on her body, that she and her family receives some peace during the season of love and giving... and that her family is able to grieve in peace and quiet w/o the papos bothering them for rather insensitive photos.

my prayers to her family and friends.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 8:11:44 AM
Author: beechezz
I also read that her husband said he would not have an autopsy done. How would anyone ever really know without an autopsy? I also didn't know that there was an option in a case like this.
I have a feeling maybe the husband already knows (??) and isn't worried that other people will just have to accept that it is cardiac arrest.

If I were in his position, I would definitely want to know exactly why... I guess maybe it could be different since there aren't kids involved though, and he doesn't have to worry about it being a disease that could have been passed on.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 9:59:00 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 12/21/2009 8:11:44 AM

Author: beechezz

I also read that her husband said he would not have an autopsy done. How would anyone ever really know without an autopsy? I also didn''t know that there was an option in a case like this.
I have a feeling maybe the husband already knows (??) and isn''t worried that other people will just have to accept that it is cardiac arrest.

If I were in his position, I would definitely want to know exactly why... I guess maybe it could be different since there aren''t kids involved though, and he doesn''t have to worry about it being a disease that could have been passed on.

From what I recall (''cause I''m a celeb gossip whore) there was a lot of talk when she married her husband. Apparently he was known as a con man in certain circles and there was speculation that she was his latest mark. I''m not saying foul play was involved, but I wouldn''t be surprised if he had a large life insurance policy on her. I know nothing about LI, but if there was a clause in her policy about death from drug use, that would explain why he wouldn''t want an autopsy done. However, I think the insurance company would demand one before paying out...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard the news on the way to work this morning, and had tears in my eyes. She was really a likeable actress, Clueless is one of my favorite movies ever, and I''m so sad about this.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 10:13:29 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

From what I recall (''cause I''m a celeb gossip whore) there was a lot of talk when she married her husband. Apparently he was known as a con man in certain circles and there was speculation that she was his latest mark. I''m not saying foul play was involved, but I wouldn''t be surprised if he had a large life insurance policy on her. I know nothing about LI, but if there was a clause in her policy about death from drug use, that would explain why he wouldn''t want an autopsy done. However, I think the insurance company would demand one before paying out...
Yep H_H - most do have those clauses in them regarding intentional harm to oneself but I am not sure if they can force a family into an autopsie if they refuse. In most cases, the undertaker can determine if a death appeared to be accidental or not by the condition of the body. However, if foul play is suspected the authorities can demand an autopsie. Perhaps her husband has knowledge that she was into something bad and doesn''t want all the negative press. Either way, tragic that she died so young. I am sure in a few weeks we''ll be hearing more rumors about what really happened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 11:32:01 AM
Author: Keepingthefaith21

Date: 12/21/2009 10:13:29 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Yep H_H - most do have those clauses in them regarding intentional harm to oneself but I am not sure if they can force a family into an autopsie if they refuse. In most cases, the undertaker can determine if a death appeared to be accidental or not by the condition of the body. However, if foul play is suspected the authorities can demand an autopsie. Perhaps her husband has knowledge that she was into something bad and doesn''t want all the negative press. Either way, tragic that she died so young. I am sure in a few weeks we''ll be hearing more rumors about what really happened.
This is what I was eluding to KTF, but HH I can see where an insurance policy could be at play here as well. Who knows...

I would think that an insurance company would have the right to demand an autopsy. Wouldn''t you?

cara

Ideal_Rock
It is horribly sad... in addition to the drug allegations, there is some gossip that it could be anorexia related, or at least she might have lost a dangerous amount of weight. it sounds like the husband does not want an autopsy but one might be required by the authorities. i recall something to the effect that autopsies are routine for people under a certain age, so it might be standard for a 32 yro to get one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my favourite Paul Oakenfold songs features Brittany Murphy singing. She was much too young to go, and I hope her family finds peace during this trying time. RIP.
7.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t matter what the husband wants because they are doing an autopsy right now, as we speak.

TMZ is also reporting that they discovered "a lot...a lot" of prescription drugs at the house. It could mean nothing, but I just keep thinking about that incident that happened a few weeks ago with her husband. They were on a flight and was extremely ill. The flight crew wanted to get him medical attention and Brittany didn''t want him to go to the hospital....she kept saying that he was just having a panic attack. I don''t know, seems awfully suspicious. Like they were popping pills.

But on the other hand she seems like such a smart girl who wouldn''t get involved in anything like that. I don''t know what to think, really.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hmmm..i think where there''s smoke there''s fire on this one. She was 32--it is extremely unusual to die of natural causes out of the blue. Sudden cardiac arrest sounds like drug abuse to me or extreme dieting. Both which seem pretty likely based on her appearance the past few years (rail thin). The other thing that has been well publicized is her tumultous personal life--2 hyped engagements, which were broken. Then she meets her current husband and marries after 4 months. 3 engagements in 3 years! And the husband himself sounds shady, questionable behvior on the set,etc.

It is a tragedy of course, but can''t ignore some pretty major red flags that were all around her.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I was pretty sad when I heard this on the radio last night - I loved her singing in Happy Feet, she was a really likeable actress. I hope the autopsy doesn''t show what everyone suspects after all, because then it would just be worse
7.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I loved her in all of the movies you all listed, but she was also incredible in Girl, Interrupted. She was so versatile and I always looked forward to movies she was in.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
That came as a shock to me, too! So sad indeed. May she rest in peace
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results