shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney Spears Speaking Out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ya''''ll. I am currently watching the special on NBC with Brit and am very surprised that my heart actually is going out to her. I have never been a Brit fan, and ever since the KFed thing came into the picture I have thought mostly negative things about the situation and relationship. And as most have seen all of the stories and pictures with the captions "Is Brit a Bad Mom?" All of these photos even sparked intrest within myself if she is putting her childs safety first...

But now after seeing her emotional side about how she has been treated by Doctors and the paparrazi I actually feel a little for her. I don''''t feel sorry for her, but I myself would not want to be in that situation where someone is ALWAYS watching and waiting for you to mess up or have a slip up. Now after watching this special my opinion has changed towards her as a Mom and that people need to just let her be, and accept her (and all of us) as we are. She seemed to have a genuine concern about her child and wanting the best for him.

Did anyone else catch this special tonight...thoughts??

(not sure if I should have posted this subject in another section, but o well)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched the Dateline interview as well. I do have a new, fresh opinion of Britney now that I''ve seen her be a lot more, well, REAL. I kinda felt like she''s the same way I was at 24...and that if she wasn''t filthy rich and living in luxury, if I met her on the street we would probably get along just fine! I like that she''s still very "down home" and "country." I don''t feel sorry for her, but I am glad to see that she''s a human being who has a good heart and may not be married to the Prince of Wales, but seems pretty darn happy anyway.

I also liked how many great close-ups of her bling I could see! That rock is GORGEOUS!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed it but wanted to see it. I agree that it is TOUGH to live life under a microscope, and though as a celeb you have to give up SOME freedoms, certain things should be sacred and seem not to be anymore. I think she is in a pickle with that nasty hubby and maybe she knows now she should not have married him, he is gross. I would say he will leave her now that baby number 2 is on the way, BUT she is his meal ticket so I am assuming, unlike with Shar Jackson, he will stay til she boots him. With a large payment I am sure. He is not likely looking so great right now. I only hope the little sis learns from this stuff and goes a different path...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw snippets on the Today show. I did think that *ahem* she could have worn a better top....her boobs were about to come spilling out of it. While I know that pregnant women''s boobs get bigger...that was a little TOO much to see, IMO. She coulda been cute and summery without them practically falling out of her shirt. Having said that, I did feel sorry for her and how badly the papparazzi has been hounding her. I don''t generally feel too badly for stars because y''know, you are getting paid a heck of a lot of money and aren''t doing THAT much for it...so the papparazzi come with the territory. But when they hound you in their cars and stuff....that just sucks and she''s had more than her fair share.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I asked admin to move this to hangout--will probably get more traffic there!!

I''m torn about Brit. I *do* feel sorry for her. No one makes the smartest choices in their life all the time, but she could have really helped her image by wearing something else and not popping gum the whole time. But I guess that was her point--she doesn''t CARE what others thing and isn''t going to change b/c of anyone else''s opinion. So there''s that. I do feel TERRIBLE about the way some celebs are stalked. It''s inhuman.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer outta the girl!!!

She's a lost cause....I think all that money she has just has served to make her have this skewed version of reality and life. and what is appropriate. Only a total idiot would get pregnant with a second child this soon after the first with such a LOSER husband who is always out partying and spending your money. I mean come on. It's not rocket science Britney!!!

I think her life is going to be just a long downhill spiral at this point. She's tapped out at a young age, she has to support herself, her loser hubby and now 2 kids...everyone watches her like she's under a microscope. She's losing her looks and any sense of style or class she may have ever had. Really her life must be hell. No amount of money matters at that point. And I'm sure at some point the money will be gone too.

She'll be on VH1's where are they now show in about another 5 years!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am by noooooooooooo means a Brit fan but cut the girl some slack.

Maybe she didn''t get pregnant on purpose.

I got pregnant when my son was 6 months old, (while on a low dose birth control, bc I was breast feeding and that is what you can take) which, by the way, is ''supposed'' to also be birth control....and we used condoms...
so sometimes, it is just gonna happen.

No matter what a loser her hubby is, if and when they split, she will be absolutely more than capable to handle raising 2 kids without him.. Hey she can always call Shar, so the kids can have pay dates!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know Sophie, if Kevin was my husband I wouldn''t even be having sex with him, much less without like ten forms of protection. But obviously Britney feels differently.
9.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CRAP, I can''t believe I missed it!

I''m not a Brit fan (but "Toxic" is a good workout song!), and I wanted to tune in as that gal is a total train wreck that you just can''t help watching.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ChargerGrrl, you can read the WHOLE transcript at msn.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 3:53:31 PM
Author: blueroses
ChargerGrrl, you can read the WHOLE transcript at msn.com
Oooh thanks! I missed it too last nite...we were having sushi and i was like 'CRAP I missed the Dateline with Britney Spears'. Greg said 'oh im so sad to hear that' and i was like 'well see what sort of filth i am relegated to watching in the summer months? damn those tv networks!'

ETA looks like the show is re-airing tonite on NBC at 8pm.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock

I am beginning to agree with Sophie on the whole "cutting Brit some slack" point of view. I agree that like a week ago I would have said the same EXACT thing about KFed and how much of a loser he is and everything BUT we cannot help who we fall in love with. I agree she is not presenting herself in a very classy way, but if that is who she is then who are we to tell her she is doing wrong?? Like she said, she is "country" and I believe that she tries her hardest to just be herself unlike so many real life people.

Now...I also don't think that Brit will ever be someone who the public isn't interested in, so I don't know that I agree that she will be on one of those VH1 shows where are they now? I mean c’mon she has been out of the public eye career wise for like two years and everyone still cares about what she is doing and how she is ruining her life. I'm not saying she is ruining her life, but I do think it will be difficult for her to regain her image.

All I really hope for is that everyone wouldn't JUDGE so easily. Yes, she is with married to Kfed who at times has been portrayed as a deadbeat Dad, but if she really loves him then we should not judge and root for their marriage to fail. Like she said, we all need to be "Pro-Love." As long as she is happy and he is not abusing her or her children I wish them the very best. And, if she wants to have kids back to back who cares?! She can afford it, and it's her life.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the whole show. I am not a Britney fan at all. But I did feel sorry for her. Being hounded by the press can''t be easy. Kfed grosses me out but she''s married to him I''m not. Her gum chewing drove me insano. Anyway I hope the best for her. I really do.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t care a whit about her one way or another, I wouldn''t ''root'' for anyone''s marriage to fail as a married gal myself...however I just think she is making wrong decision after wrong decision. Sure almost everyone dates the loser boyfriend at that kind of young age. But you don''t MARRY him. Nor do you support him. Or have multiple children with him. And sorry but when you are in the public eye like she is now and has been for years, people DO make judgements on you. That''s the price they pay for their fancy lifestyle.

I guess only time will tell.
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock

According to her (not that any of us really know the truth) he does support himself and contributes financially to the family. Now she is obviously the bread winner in the relationship and chose not to marry another famous celeb like herself. No matter who she married as long as it wasn''t another millionaire she would be the main financial contributor to the family. I just think that this is a prime example of how hypocritical our society has gotten. It is OK for a rich man to marry a common woman and support her, but not vise versa??!!

And yes, we all do make our judgments about everyone we come in contact with, but that doesn''t make it right or our duty.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah..I guess I don't often think about what my DUTY is to famous celebrities...how remiss of me.

I have no problem with the chickadee having all the money...but hello what is she going to say on national TV....yes he is a lecherous mooch? He's always got some new car or new watch or this or that...and he hasn't been working for quite some time...well we only know what we read in the magazine. And ya gotta love those mags.
2.gif
Quality time spent..definitely.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
It is my belief that we should all treat others the way we would like to be treated...celeb or not. May sound very "Bambi" to some, but Disney had a great idea going there! We all fail miserably, but this is at least my goal.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
One snippet I saw was Matt Lauer asking her, "How does it make you feel when people say that KFed doesn''t deserve to be with you, that he''s a leech, etc?"

She said, "It makes me sad" and started to cry.

Call me crazy but I had to wonder.....are you crying because it''s not a nice thing to say, or are you crying because it''s true??!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...if I ever meet Britney, I'll be sure to be nice to her...and not tell her that I think she is a dumbass.
12.gif

Until then...RoseAngel, you will learn that PS'ers love to gossip about celebs all the time on here!!
31.gif
There's at least a thread a week about the latest on so and so!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
ya, we are all women (most of us on here are at least) so what can you expect??

Blueroses: thx for moving this to the right forum.
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 5:16:39 PM
Author: Mara
Well...if I ever meet Britney, I''ll be sure to be nice to her...and not tell her that I think she is a dumbass.
12.gif

Until then...RoseAngel, you will learn that PS''ers love to gossip about celebs all the time on here!!
31.gif
There''s at least a thread a week about the latest on so and so!
Mara, that was deliciously snarky. I almost snorted a very nice white zin out the nose on that one.

shay

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
well well...a bit cleaned up here huh..thought it was relevant to the subject!

People reports that KFed has signed on to represent the Five Star Vintage line by the San Francisco-based Blue Marlin clothing company. New job...

kevin_federline.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 5:41:01 PM
Author: Shay37

Date: 6/16/2006 5:16:39 PM
Author: Mara
Well...if I ever meet Britney, I''ll be sure to be nice to her...and not tell her that I think she is a dumbass.
12.gif

Until then...RoseAngel, you will learn that PS''ers love to gossip about celebs all the time on here!!
31.gif
There''s at least a thread a week about the latest on so and so!
Mara, that was deliciously snarky. I almost snorted a very nice white zin out the nose on that one.

shay
I''m so glad you liked it Shay. I miss the AI snark-fests so I gotta get it out somewhere.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i particularly liked what thesuperficial.com had to say about KevO''s new job.

"I''ve never heard of Blue Marlin clothing before, and judging by their brilliant business moves I''m starting to understand why. If you''re going to appoint Kevin Federline as your spokesperson you might as well just declare bankruptcy now and start looking for a new job as a hot dog vendor. It''s not that Kevin Federline isn''t a beacon of fashion, I just don''t think society is ready for his radical styles. Jeans and a wife beater? Every single day? Slow it down, Mr. Federline, you''re blowing my mind. "

That last line almost made ME spit out my PomTea earlier.
5.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I saw that quote on the superficial earlier. I am torn b/c my evil bitchy side wants to snark away at the "redbull&cheetos, y''all"-ness of it all. But my nice side can see that she''s clearly in a lot of pain, and I can''t help but think that it is not ALL from the stalkerazzi. I feel sorry for pretty much all child stars who didn''t have a real childhood.

(Well Hell, at least Cletus got hissef'' a job!! He does, shockingly, clean up ok.)

Just for kicks, here was my "britney" rendition from back when we had that "you as a southpark cartoon" thread.
11.gif
11.gif

britbit.JPG

"I swear to GAWWWD, y''all, soons I finish this redbull, Kevin''s dealer is OFF mah payroll"

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of lean toward Mara''s point of view. She just seems to get trashier and trashier as time passes. She drove me nuts playing with her hair and chomping on her gum..and that top she had on? Seems like she wasn''t as trashy when she was younger. I think she took the whole thing too far trying to prove she was not so innocent. I think she ASKED for all of this attention with the in your face sexy videos and Las Vegas weddings. Now she is crying foul. She also doesn''t seem like the brightest bulb in that pack...although who am I to say? I am not worth millions. She is.

I don''t believe a word of what she said about her marriage being stable. I think this is an example of where there is smoke, there MUST be some fire.

All that said, there is a part of me that does feel sorry for her. Not really sure why. I think it was interesting towards the end when Matt asked her something about would she trade her life the way it is and she was trying hard not to say NO WAY. I am LOADED. Then when he asked her if she liked business and she said ''I like MONEY''.

The best line was when he asked about her baby on her lap and she said ''We''re COUNTRY''. Geez. I could just hear the juice harp playing in the background. No excuse, Hon.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
try to imagine being pregnant (with what the media has been saying, a devastating surprise) and having to face this in front of the whole world. Do I agree with her decision to marry so fast? No way. Would I have chosen Kevin? No, but I don''t know him so that is a moot point.

The fact is she chose him and now she has a family with him. Whatever they do it is scrutinized and yes I agree that is part of being a celebrity, but for heaven''s sakes, if you have ever had any sort of rockiness in your marriage, try to imagine that being speculated all over the press...not to mention being photographed all the time and someone trying to catch you at your worst. And when your prego, you don''t always feel fantastic.

The comment about not having sex with him is kind of silly bc obviously if that were your hubby, you would be.

I just hope that all works out well 100% because there are now 2 children, and 2 other children that will be affected by their actions. I just hope they step up and become great parents.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha sophie, this is ALL silly ...!!

allison, welp at least she is honest about liking money...it''s comments like that which really inspire absolutely no sympathy from me. if you like money, then you gotta like all the drama that comes with it. one hand washes the other in that biz.

BR i remember that fab south park thread...!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
While I think that the media can be a bit ridiculous, I just don''t have as much sympathy for people who invite them in and then object when they''re scrutinized. Didn''t she have some sort of show about her and Kevin when they were dating or first got married? (Chaotic? does that sound right?)

I feel sooo sorry for their kids for growing up in all of this though.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
O.K., Dateline just started on Fri. night, and it has only been one minute into the interview . . . I cannot believe she has her boobs and bra sticking out like that. I was going to try to go into this with an open mind, but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results