shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney loses custody

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Good, because Britney really needs to get her life back on track. Maybe this will be the turning point. I hope so.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 4:49:40 PM
Author:TravelingGal
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21087621/

Who woulda thought way back when that someone would have actually ruled K-Fed is the more capable parent? Brit''s done a number on herself...
I am surprised by K-Fed getting custody as well. Maybe it''s the lesser of two evils?? I hope Brit gets it together.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure K-Fed will do a better job. Time will tell. Hoepfully this will be the wake up call Brit needs. Those poor kids.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I saw that today...the direction her life seems to have taken is very unfortunate. Hope she turns it around for the sake of those boys.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the kids seem screwed either way - choosing between dumb and dumber is no choice at all.
38.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 5:26:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Honestly, the kids seem screwed either way - choosing between dumb and dumber is no choice at all.
38.gif
Word! FG...Word!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 6:15:16 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 10/1/2007 5:26:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess
38.gif
Word! FG...Word!
HA HA my thoughts exactly. Lose lose situation...those poor kids.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the risk of making TGuy sound horrifically politically incorrect, he and I were talking about some kind of child credit that Australians get. Something about if you have a kid, you get 7K or something to that effect. Apparently the Australian government wants to encourage folks to have kids.

I said, "Oh, that''s a nice bonus." TGuy snorted and just said, "Yeah, but all the wrong ones are breeding. They take the money and buy boats and sh*t."

Why is it that some days, it seems true? That the "wrong ones" are "breeding"? I said in another thread that it should be harder to get into marriage. I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they''re not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 6:22:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Why is it that some days, it seems true? That the ''wrong ones'' are ''breeding''? I said in another thread that it should be harder to get into marriage. I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they''re not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif
Thinking about all of the children out there with unfit parents makes me sad so I can see where you''re coming from. Poor kids.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 6:41:53 PM
Author: snlee

Why is it that some days, it seems true? That the ''wrong ones'' are ''breeding''? I said in another thread that it should be harder to get into marriage. I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they''re not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif
Thinking about all of the children out there with unfit parents makes me sad so I can see where you''re coming from. Poor kids.
Actually...now that I think about it...TGuy and I weren''t ready to be parents!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
6.gif
23.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I hear you on lame parents...I always think we would have been good parents, too bad we didn''t want kids...because so many kids have lousy parents...including some of my friends and relatives...it''s so sad. People dont really seem to THINK about having kids, they just do it because you get married, then you have kids. Period. No thinking about how many kids you are equiped to nurture in a meaningful manner, etc. or even IF you want to be a parent.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy this happened because I really think she''s a danger to them. Kevin may be a user/partier ... but she seems to be seriously mentally ill & unable or unwilling to seek treatment. The stories I''ve read ... OUTRAGEOUS. Constant nudity, touching her private parts aimlessly (during a photo shoot), driving with the baby on her lap, no CA drivers lic. EVER!!!, hit & run, going out partying the NIGHT AFTER the judge set all sorts of guidelines ...

Thank goodness the judge set her up on random drug testing -- so they could "prove" her unfitness .. which, I assumed happened today. Either that or she didn''t follow through on one of the other "to keep custody" dictates from the judge: supervised visits with social workers, parenting classes, therapy.

IMHO -- she needs meds, she needs intensive therapy, & MAYBE she needs rehab. Until then ... supervised visits if anything. Best interest of the children.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they're not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif
Right after I got my driver's license, I informed my parents of my plan to create a licensing system for women to bear children. They'd have to go through a parenting equivalent of driver's ed classes, behind-the-wheel, a written exam, and a practical exam. Then they could have their tubes un-tied
9.gif

(eek, I'm probably putting myself in the line of fire for that one... **ducks**
32.gif
)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 7:01:29 PM
Author: musey

I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they''re not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif
Right after I got my driver''s license, I informed my parents of my plan to create a licensing system for women to bear children. They''d have to go through a parenting equivalent of driver''s ed, a written exam, and a practical exam. Then they could have their tubes un-tied
9.gif

(eek, I''m probably putting myself in the line of fire for that one... **ducks**
32.gif
)
Ha...I was going to say nearly the same thing in my post, including the tubes untied thing, but I decided that was way too flammable..

Ha ha ha...you''re meaner than I am...neener neener.

But....*hugs*

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh oh, I''ve graduated into the brutally-honest PS crowd
2.gif
3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well...there''s no doubt that Britney is seriously a headcase right now. It''s mind boggling. At the same time I find it a little sad. I wish she''d get help! I watch/read the crap she does and my jaw just sits open
23.gif
. It''s insane. She''s like the new Anna Nicole.

I actually am perfectly content with K-fed having custody. Sometimes I think he gets a bad rap. Granted, he does sort of deserve it for abandoning a pregnant Shar Jackson to run off with Brit. And popozao, and he''s kind of a money grubber....But Shar has never said a single bad thing about Kevin OR about his fatherhood skills. So that gives me hope. I''m more worried about k-fed forcing his kids to listen to his music than I am with him being a bad father.
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't say I am surprised. She is such a train wreck. I really feel for her, but the time has come for her to get it together, she is a mother now. It is not just about her anymore. If she loves her kids, she will get help. She clearly has substance abuse and other mental health issues, and is a sad and needy girl. It is hard to trust when you have hangers on all around you, but once you become a mom better choices need to be made. Clearly she is not well, and maybe this will be a wakeup call. Feel like she wanted to play at being a mom but the reality has hit her hard, with her issues and all. The kids are clearly going to bear the brunt of this whole thing, hope someone is really looking out for them here.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 7:24:50 PM
Author: luckystar112
Well...there''s no doubt that Britney is seriously a headcase right now. It''s mind boggling. At the same time I find it a little sad. I wish she''d get help! I watch/read the crap she does and my jaw just sits open
23.gif
. It''s insane. She''s like the new Anna Nicole.

I actually am perfectly content with K-fed having custody. Sometimes I think he gets a bad rap. Granted, he does sort of deserve it for abandoning a pregnant Shar Jackson to run off with Brit. And popozao, and he''s kind of a money grubber....But Shar has never said a single bad thing about Kevin OR about his fatherhood skills. So that gives me hope. I''m more worried about k-fed forcing his kids to listen to his music than I am with him being a bad father.
3.gif
I couldn''t agree more. There have been several people in the entertainment business who have said what a nice guy he is and that he''s a decent actor. He may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but since Shar has only glowing things to say (I mean, if anyone has a right to bad mouth the man, doesn''t she?) it seems he''s by far the better choice to have custody of the kids. I think he will hire competent child care and won''t take him out where they will be in the spotlight, and it sounds like he does have an idea that kids need consistent routine. I think the kids are far better off with him, but I still feel for them -- everyone in the world knows what their mother has done and it won''t be easy for them to live with. I once read that whenever a child''s parent(s) are thought badly of, it shames the children and I do believe that.

I really think Britney needs psychiatric treatment and that all the bizarre behavior and drug use could be symptoms of much deeper problems than addiction. I hope I''m wrong, but I forsee a tragic end fairly soon unless she gets effective treatment.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
When Shar Jackson was asked about KFed on Chelsea Lately, she very carefully (and diplomatically) said the "he's made very interesting choices." I don't know if "glowing" is the word choice I'd go with for that interview.

He also spent a weekend in Arizona--WITH the Brit kids--coking it up in a hooker orgy. So they say. And by "they" I mean his personal assistant
20.gif
Granted it's gossip, but c'mon, that stuff comes from somewhere--not thin air.

I dunno, ladies, I'd still put this in the "lesser of the two evils" category, rather than the "good father" category.
14.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that those kids are out of Brit''s custody!

I don''t think Kevin will be winning any father of the year awards, but I do think he''s much better at parenting than Brit. I also think that her parents must feel that he can''t be that bad or we''d see them fighting for custody as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lesser of two evils still equals evil. Couldn''t they find a decent grandmother somewhere for those poor babies?????

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 7:04:30 PM

Date: 10/1/2007 7:01:29 PM
Author: musey

I also think that it should be harder for people to have kids if they're not ready to be parents. I guess that sounds really awful of me to say....
15.gif
Right after I got my driver's license, I informed my parents of my plan to create a licensing system for women to bear children. They'd have to go through a parenting equivalent of driver's ed, a written exam, and a practical exam. Then they could have their tubes un-tied
9.gif

(eek, I'm probably putting myself in the line of fire for that one... **ducks**
32.gif
)
Ha...I was going to say nearly the same thing in my post, including the tubes untied thing, but I decided that was way too flammable..

Ha ha ha...you're meaner than I am...neener neener.

But....*hugs*

Having spent the last year working in special and general education classrooms (with the bulk of my time having been spent in Autism Spectrum Disorder classrooms) I am mortified by some of the parents I encounter. From showing up at lunch to spoon feed an 8 year old at least 3 times a week to showing up at school dressed in the clothes they went out and got drunk in the night before I am baffled and disgusted on a regular basis. I've become quite close with the mother of one of the children I work with who has autism, and she and her husband are the most devoted and loving parents. It saddens me that they are the exception, not the rule.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Once again, poor Spears/K-Fed kids. Those poor babies are really in for it! It really makes me so sad.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is what gets me the most. Lindsay L at least is not a mom, so though I hope for her sake she cleans it up a bit, she is not responsible for young lives. Britney was too young and not well enough to handle being a mom, especially not boom boom like she did it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s about time she had to give up those kids...all they are to her are accessories and I''m bothered more and more every time I see photos of her with them. I don''t know if K-Fed''s a good father or not, but I do know we never see pics of him spilling a drink and almost dropping one of them on the concrete.

UPDATE: I see Britney went to the DMV today and finally applied for a CA driver''s license...suddenly that became a priority just after she loses custody of her babies?
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Say what you want about Kevin ... but HER parents are on his side. And it''s HER lawyers, managers, agents, hairstylists etc who keep QUITTING.

How many custody attorneys has she been through in the past couple of MONTHS?? THREE??? The fact that those publicity-loving, celeb-enabling Hollywood lawyers know what they know (client priv.) and almost instantly don''t wanna have ANYTHING to do with helping her keep those kids speaks VOLUMES!!!!!!

In her crazy state ... I bet she''s as upset about "losing" the kids as she is any of those dozens of tiny puppies she constantly buys, carries arounds & then disposes of.
20.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
At the risk of making TGuy sound horrifically politically incorrect, he and I were talking about some kind of child credit that Australians get. Something about if you have a kid, you get 7K or something to that effect. Apparently the Australian government wants to encourage folks to have kids.

I said, ''Oh, that''s a nice bonus.'' TGuy snorted and just said, ''Yeah, but all the wrong ones are breeding. They take the money and buy boats and sh*t.''

15.gif
Our federal Treasurer famously implored Australian families to have one baby for Mum one for Dad and one for the country! To help new mums and dads, our federal government introduced the ''baby bonus'' scheme which is a one off payment of about $4,000. This comes in very handy to new parents, but unfortunately, there are many people who deliberately get pregnant just to get the money!! There are stories of new parents spending the entire amount on new plasma tvs, booze, etc and not on the baby. Absolutely disgusting in my books.

As for Kev and Brit - if what the gossip magazines report are true, then they are both bad parents. The only difference is that Kevin is smart enough to take his lawyers advice and start acting in a decent manner. Notice there haven''t been a lot of stuff written about Kev lately? It looks like he''s been laying low so he can get custody and appear the ''better'' parent whereas with Brit, it''s just one bad news story after the other.

Maybe this is what will make Brit turn her life around.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2007 10:18:08 PM
Author: decodelighted
Say what you want about Kevin ... but HER parents are on his side. And it''s HER lawyers, managers, agents, hairstylists etc who keep QUITTING.

How many custody attorneys has she been through in the past couple of MONTHS?? THREE??? The fact that those publicity-loving, celeb-enabling Hollywood lawyers know what they know (client priv.) and almost instantly don''t wanna have ANYTHING to do with helping her keep those kids speaks VOLUMES!!!!!!

In her crazy state ... I bet she''s as upset about ''losing'' the kids as she is any of those dozens of tiny puppies she constantly buys, carries arounds & then disposes of.
20.gif
That''s what I''m saying, Deco...her top priority today was going to apply for her CA driver''s license FINALLY, imo any halfway-non-psycho mother with her children''s best interests in mind would''ve been too in shock and upset to take a written driver''s exam or deal with the DMV. But it''s not as if Brit could even go off the deep end and spend three days in a hotel room wasted 24 hrs. a day...she''s already done that sort of thing so many times that that would be normal behavior. Blech. She continues to disgust me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm late but sign me up as one who agrees that people should have to be pre-approved or licensed or something for breeding!! there are so many people out there who have kids for the absolute worst reasons or are in the absolute wrong situation to bring a child into the world. there are so many times when we are out and we see a family with a gaggle of horribly behaved children just running amok, and greg will look at me and say 'their genes are winning.'.
40.gif

at times i think well are our genes really any better? however, then i think...well the reason we don't have kids yet (or might not at all) is because we really do want to be sure we can have the best situation for the child and set ourselves up for hopeful success as parents. why don't more people put some serious thought into it? it's a kid people...not a doll you can just toss back into the toybox when you are bored. you hear that miss TG? don't be dropping the Ttot off at our house while you go gallavanting around the bayarea when you come visit. cuz yanno, we charge A LOT for babysitting!
9.gif
portia makes a great nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results