shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliance Fire Scntillating Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
This is my first post and i NEED your advice please! Im proposing in May and i have

been researching RB.

In your opinions, what are the specifics on on RB that would give it the most fire, brilliance and

scntillation? I really want a diamond that will sparkle the MOST out of any other diamond. Is

there a specification that the diamond must meet to give off the most fire, i.e crown angle-

pavillion angle, table, etc? Please help me, im a male
3.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi male Daniel B, me male too.

Welcome to Pricescope. By your choice of title for your question, though it's likely you've already discovered the HCA here, if not, make sure you do -- which endeavors to answer your question to a tee. Do also read the tutorial above, under knowledge. And, if fire is the thing, read also about FICs there, and here, with crown angles beyond 35.5, but which are difficult to find.

Regards,

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Please help me, im a male
3.gif

Glad you pointed that out, otherwise we would have ignored you
2.gif

Seriously, though Daniel B, May is a long way off and you have plenty of time to choose a diamond. Take Regular Guy''s tips and familiarize yourself with the HCA and the combinations of crown/pavillions that seem to universally do well. Once you''ve found a few diamonds you like, post the spec''s and pics on the board and you''ll find no shortage of people offering their opinions...

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for replying so fast! I know May is a while away yet, and i have to demonstrate patience when choosing the right stone.

About the HCA, i dont know if im intrepreting it correctly? I read it a couple times. Is it best, or will the diamond sparkle the most and have the most brilliance/fire, if the target is in the middle of the red part, or slightly off center? I'm not quite sure.
I did read about teh FIC's and the BIC's. In your opinions, is it better to have a balence of both or one over the other for the maximum rainbow effect? Sorry if its a stupid question, im just learning.
Thanks again, you guys are really helpful, Im learning every day- i never thought i would actually get into this stuff, its pretty cool!
37.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 4:32:46 PM
Author: Daniel B
Thanks for replying so fast! I know May is a while away yet, and i have to demonstrate patience when choosing the right stone.

About the HCA, i dont know if im intrepreting it correctly? I read it a couple times. Is it best, or will the diamond sparkle the most and have the most brilliance/fire, if the target is in the middle of the red part, or slightly off center? I'm not quite sure.
I did read about teh FIC's and the BIC's. In your opinions, is it better to have a balence of both or one over the other for the maximum rainbow effect? Sorry if its a stupid question, im just learning.
Thanks again, you guys are really helpful, Im learning every day- i never thought i would actually get into this stuff, its pretty cool!
37.gif
Daniel, I don't presume to know the level of nuance you want - but I wanted to let you know that once you have used the HCA for rejecting diamonds that don't meet your standards, there are further steps to help you narrow exactly how it will look.

On the 'bright side' (get it? hehe) if you have found diamonds with basic proportions the HCA gives <2.0 those diamonds are predicted to be in the top 5% of known performers in general. You can do a little more assessment with that HCA number - for instance, some people like a number closer to 1.0 than to 0.1 - this is a source of banter on the forum - but as Garry (inventor) says, it really is more for rejection than to select your final choice: Almost any diamond <2.0 will be great.

As Jim suggested, people here will dissect and provide opinion a-plenty if you post the specs.

I suggest you corroborate your expectations with a natural reflector image (ideal-scope, ASET, etc.). That will tell you more about the light return potential of the diamond than the HCA does. Additionally, some companies use mechanized assessments like Imagem or Brilliancescope - if that appeals to you.

To me, the eyes of a trusted expert are the most important piece of the puzzle. If you are looking for nuances (for instance the quality of the scintillation), images and scans can predict some of that but nothing is a substitute for expert eyes who have seen thousands of diamonds making a judgment and - eventually - your own eyes, and the eyes of the one who will wear the diamond.

You're proposing in May and already starting the process?! Wow, for a male you are waaay ahead of most of us.
3.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Great advice guys thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results