shape
carat
color
clarity

brillance scope vs. image scope help???!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonddig

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am looking to buy a princess diamond thats brilliance is very high and the fire and scintillation are literally half way off the charts. However, the image scope looks like an red X
7.gif
. The AGS certification is ideal with a 0 light performance. Which one do you trust? I am unable to see the diamond in person. For the brilliance scope the light view 2 doesn''t seem to be that great. Which direction is the light coming from with this view? Is the gridle thick enough to maintain structural integrity. What measurements are ideal?

Here are the specs
1.57 AGS Ideal VS1 G

6.24mm X 6.24 mm

Depth 4.91 mm 78.7%
Pavillion Depth 4.01 mm 64.3%
Pav angle N/A
Crown Height .65mm 10.4%
Table 3.63mm 58.2%
Girdle .24mm 3.9%

Clayton

diamonddig

Rough_Rock
Garry,

Here is the image scope.

Clayton

ltsc1231245.jpg

Bman143

Rough_Rock
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

This might help with your decision. GOG has some good princess tutorial material on their site that helped me when I was shopping for my princess.

Brandon.

TimWA

Rough_Rock
Ooops meant to pm that :) noob user Sorry for jumping in on your thread.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 4:59:15 PM
Author: TimWA
Hi Garry,

I ended up finally deciding on a diamond.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14814812#

Got it thrown in a temporary little 6 prong. It looks good. One thing I am slightly disappointed in is the fact that I asked them 2 different times if this stone was eye-clean from 10 inches (also asked them what their defintion of eye-clean was), even though I am not knowledgable in diamonds when I took it out and look at it I spotted the white needle fairly quickly. Maybe I am being overly sensitive to it. What do you think of the cut and IS images? I think it scored a .9 on the HCA if I remember right. I am having it appraised Friday the appraiser doesn''t want to know anything about the stone when he starts so he is ''unbiased'' after he is done I guess I will see what he thinks about the inclusion. Once nice thing about the inclusion is it is sort of right by a cut line?? So it helps hide it somewhat. Does a needle effect the brilliance of the diamond?

Sorry for the rambling, hope all is well in aussie land.
I was eyeing this rock myself, so I''m curious to see his reply too -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results