shape
carat
color
clarity

bridesmaids dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

les12

Shiny_Rock
Well, I finally found a wedding dress that I love, and I already know which bridesmaids dresses I want. The only thing I''m a little hesitant about is the fact that my dress is silk (like a stiff silk) and the bridesmaids dresses are silk chiffon. My wedding is in early May so I think they will be perfect for the weather, but the style is different than my dress. The color is PERFECT, it is the exact color I wanted, and the price is great. Let me know what you all think??

les12

Shiny_Rock
For reference...
I would allow my girls to choose from these dresses, color is light shell:
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses/short/PRDOVR~97893/97893.jsp

or

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses/short/PRDOVR~98999/98999.jsp

and this is my dress, I''m going to switch out the brooch and that weird neck thing won''t be involved hah:
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/palomablanca/detail/199960?offset=6

audball

Ideal_Rock
Just fixing your links. I personally like the second bridesmaid dress the best, but they''re both lovely! I don''t think there should be an issue in the fabric differences as long as all the bridesmaids are in the same material.

Bridesmaid Dress 1

Bridesmaid Dress 2

The Wedding Gown

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think those dresses, esp. the second one, would go great with your dress. They don''t scream chiffon to me from the pics. I think they''re great.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my opinion...your dress is gorgeous and somewhat formal for lack of a better word. However, the bridesmaid
dresses dont look like they match the formality of your wedding dress. The second dress would be favorite of
the two.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 9:39:17 AM
Author: tyty333
Just my opinion...your dress is gorgeous and somewhat formal for lack of a better word. However, the bridesmaid

dresses dont look like they match the formality of your wedding dress. The second dress would be favorite of the two.

i echo tyty333. the dress seems less formal than your gown BUT i don''t see a reason to change it because of the formal/informal clash. i love the 2nd dress!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second dress, too! It seems to go more with the formality your dress.

les12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the comments! I''m still thinking about it, I''ve ordered a fabric swatch from the bridesmaids dresses so I think I''ll take it with me to try my dress on again and bring pictures of the dresses too. I thought about maybe getting some antique brooches for the bridesmaids to wear which might help tie our dresses together a little more. I still have some time so I guess I''ll keep thinking about it! Thanks again for the opinions, keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results