shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid Gifts vs. Maid of Honor Gift

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I'm having a bit of an issue at the moment - nothing too big thankfully ;))

I have 2 bridesmaids and 1 maid of honor. On top of the Amsale bridesmaid dresses that I paid for, each girl is getting a Coach black sequin wristlet and a Vera Wang Princess fragrance rollerball as their gift. That said, I intended to get my maid of honor something really extra nice on top of that since she is the only one contributing monetarily to the bridal shower and bachelorette party - she's been the one who has been there for me the most and while I'm no Bridezilla and don't expect them to want to hear every last detail, I really appreciate all she has done.

She doesn't own anything from Tiffany's but LOVES the store. I really would like to get her a simple pearl bracelet (about $275) which I know she would absolutely cherish.

Is it normal that the maid of honor gets more than the other girls? I'm not sure how etiquette goes in this situation... I don't want the other girls to be upset that they don't get Tiff's bracelets but they're not really doing much compared to my MOH and I would love to show her that I've noticed all she has sacrificed to make my day(s) special.

Thanks! :))

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If you feel like the other girls would feel snubbed, maybe just pull her aside and give her the bracelet privately and tell her what you told us. I'd be very touched with that gift and the reasons behind it if I were your friend.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1290459190|2775763 said:
If you feel like the other girls would feel snubbed, maybe just pull her aside and give her the bracelet privately and tell her what you told us. I'd be very touched with that gift and the reasons behind it if I were your friend.

This, exactly. For the three weddings I've been in as a bridesmaid, all bridesmaids and the maid of honor received the same gifts (at least to my knowledge).

If you believe she deserves a special token of your esteem (and it sounds like she's going above and beyond!), perhaps instead of making it a "MOH" gift, call it a hostess gift and present her with it after the showers and bachelorette party have taken place, in private (maybe over coffee or drinks), instead of with the remainder of the bridesmaid gifts.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Can I be one of your bridesmaids?? ;-)

I second the other suggestions. Just give it to her in private.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Awesome ideas!! Since my bachelorette and bridal party will both be pretty small and we won't get much "alone" time, I think I'll do it sometime prior to the ceremony when it is just myself and her :))

Thanks to all!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I had a Maid and Matron of honor and they both received one more extra special gift for doing the bulk of the work. They received a tote with many gifts each in them, so I dont believe the other girls even noticed because they received everything else in the tote.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
very generous! I agree that you should give her the extra something privately, a moment between the two of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results