shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dresses/styles - inc. pics - your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I would like some thoughts on the pics below. My main wedding color is cobalt/royal blue. I am having 4 adult bridesmaids (ages 23-24,) 2 junior BMs (one will be 13 and another will be 11) and one flower girl. My adult bridesmaids all adore the dress on the left (I first saw it in a magazine and they all LOVE it.) However, I don''t think its totally appropriate for the juniors, and I like the dress in the middle for them. And then for my one flower girl, I think the dress on the far right would be adorable - the top half would be white, the lower half would be the same cobalt color as the other dresses.

I know its hard to imagine, but try to picture the cobalt blue (far right) on all dresses (company does them from same dye lot, by the way.)

Is it okay if the white on the FG dress is slightly different than my diamond white dress? Is it okay that my dress has a straight-across (not sweetheart) neckline, but the adult BM dresses have sweetheart? Do you think this combo of three styles, all in cobalt, looks good? The middle dress will need to be altered a ton for the juniors - an alternationist can easily adjust length, etc. for them, correct? (the dress sizes are adult women sizes so though we would start with a size zero and go from there.)

Just looking for general thoughts here, thanks!!!
36.gif

bmsplan101809b.JPG

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I think its totally fine. But i'm not into matchy matchy...

My BMs get to pick their own shade of yellow and style of dress.

As long as the colours are not too different from each other, it will work beautifully in the end.
2.gif

ETA: I just re-read that you're having all the same colours!! No problem at all then! Hehe

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s a problem at all. I think color is the most important as that''s probably all that people will notice. And no one is going to notice if the flower girl top isn''t EXACTLY the same white as your dress. I think it will look lovely, and I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses. I so want to buy that dress for my rehearsal dinner.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the junior bm and bm dresses look great together, the only thing that would bother me a little is the length of the flower girl''s dress. If the rest of the ladies are wearing knee length I think FG should too.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Are these Aria bridesmaid dresses? I think the styles will look fine in the same color.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:38:17 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Are these Aria bridesmaid dresses? I think the styles will look fine in the same color.
Yes, its Aria - I LOVE their dresses!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 10:21:26 AM
Author: laughwithme

Date: 10/19/2009 9:38:17 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Yes, its Aria - I LOVE their dresses!
I thought so!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I think they''re all lovely and will go really well together! And I agree...no one will notice the difference in your FG and your whites! And if they do, I''m sure they won''t care!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE everything about it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results